MICHAELOCONNOR4_150_4_24.JPG

Pro-style Quarterback
Ottawa, Ontario
Ashbury College
Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 205 lbs
Class: 2015 (High School)

Michael O'Connor - Yahoo! Sports

Transferring from his school in Canada to Baylor School in Chattanooga. He will be leaving his family behind in order to get more football exposure in the US.

O'Connor is not waiting to get the next chapter in his life underway. This coming weekend will be his last in Ottawa before he makes the move to Tennessee. College coaches from Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Michigan and Michigan State have requested that he attend their camps this month, and trips to those schools are being planned as part of his immersion into the United States' high school football scene.
-Rivals

More great info in the article here: Canadian QB has big stake in the States

This could be huge. This guy is good. Will be hard to keep him from the northern teams though.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dkV3d6XSw[/youtube]

I really hope we can get him up to the second camp this summer. He has said in the past that he would like to make an early decision once some offers start coming in. He may be looking at a decision by next summer or so.

yeah I would like to see how he does in camp against some real talent. I didn't see much more than him chucking the ball downfield and his receivers making adjustments. him being in our backyard, and seeing how we use our quarterbacks should make things interesting though. also, I think TN has a good a chance as any. If he wanted to stay up north, and that was a deal breaker, he would have chosen a prep school closer to home, and not in the south. He knows this is SEC country. Wise move on his part imo.

MSU offered this kid today...

I know zero about him personally or what actually led to the offer...

We need Eric Westmoreland to be jumpin on him quick. But like you all, I'll be interested to see how he does against some east tennessee competition.

We need Eric Westmoreland to be jumpin on him quick. But like you all, I'll be interested to see how he does against some east tennessee competition.

Most of Baylor's major competition is in Middle, Ensworth, Brentwood Acde. They may play one or two teams from Chatt. but thats all

Will be interested to see how he does, but Baylor has to replace there whole offensive and defensive lines this year. That coupled with the transition from Canada to US, he might struggle this year.

Will be interested to see how he does, but Baylor has to replace there whole offensive and defensive lines this year. That coupled with the transition from Canada to US, he might struggle this year.

Add in that he'll be a Soph. That's possibly trouble

Chattanooga (Tenn.) Baylor School quarterback Michael O'Connor was throwing in a camp for the fourth time in as many days, but still had a live arm and was showing off his always sound footwork and arm mechanics. O'Connor's performance earned him an offer from the Spartans. Dewitt, Mich., rising sophomore Jake Johnson is really starting to fill out his frame and promises to be a player to watch in coming years.
-Rivals.

O'Connor impressed yet again this summer.
The star of the show at this position was Ottawa (Ont.) Baylor School (Chattanooga, Tenn.) 2015 signal-caller Michael O'Connor. He has been practically omnipresent on the recruiting circuit this summer, and has impressed at every stop. Today, he was putting good zip on the ball, getting excellent rotation on his passes, and most importantly, delivering them accurately to receivers. The 6-5, 205-pounder looks the part of a Division I quarterback already. He was also getting lots of attention from Michigan quarterbacks coach Al Borges, and though it might be early to offer 2015 prospects in this staff's minds, O'Connor seems like a sure shot to receive one down the road.

Although O'Connor's parents initially wanted him to stay close to home - when Buffalo offered over the weekend, they thought "perfect, one of the closest D I programs" - the fact that he'll be a thousand miles away from home for his final few years of high school shows that they're warming up to their baby going away from home.
-Rivals.

1. Michael O'Connor, Chattanooga, (Tenn.) Baylor School:
Though only a rising sophomore, the 6-foot-5, 205-pound O'Connor stood out among all the quarterbacks as the largest. A recent transfer from Canada, he already holds quite a few offers and it was easy to see why. He showed a strong arm and was able to hit his wide receivers in stride deep. He was also able to put it on the outside shoulder most of the time. Most impressive, though, was his velocity and accuracy on intermediate routes, as he was able to hit crossing receivers with ease. At such a young age his ceiling is incredibly high.
-Brian Perroni, from Rivals Underclassmen Challenge

The 2015 prospect was another anticipated quarterback participant coming into the camp, and O'Connor did nothing to disappoint. One of the tallest passers at the camp, measuring at 6-foot-5, O'Connor impressed with his great length, high-level arm strength and good footwork. The Canadian's accuracy was also impressive, whether he threw it deep or down the middle of the field. He appeared to be a definite BCS level prospect at his age. He moved to Chattanooga this spring and will play at the Baylor School in the fall. Vanderbilt offered the rising sophomore on Monday, becoming his sixth scholarship this summer.
-VandySports.com

I was looking at baylors roster yesterday and they have him listed as a JR. i dont know if it was a typo or if he is actually a JR and not a sophmore. does anybody know what he actually is?

VN Store

Back