2724 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Process. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
Vols033
Momma said knock you out
 
Vols033's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Aug 2009
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 801
Likes: 329
The Process

We have heard a ton about the process. We have heard a ton about needing to form relationships, and that it takes multiple years to do so. I'm not going to rain on Dooley's recruiting too much because I actually feel he has done a solid job recruiting, but solid may not be good enough. I will only point out one situation that is happening right now in college football and see what yall think of it. Brady Hoke took over a team at Michigan last year that was terrible under Rich Rod. He has a dynamic athlete at QB, but for the most part are the same guys Rich Rod couldn't get bowl eligible with. They had a great season last year. Now, after one year, Michigan for the time being has the number 1 class in the country according to rivals. Now I figured well Michigan has more in state talent than Tennessee. Well actually of their 21 commitments, only 7 are from Michigan. They raid Ohio similar to how we raid Georgia. Now i would like to think Dooley has passed on guys because of character, but those guys who were so called "character" guys dropped a terrible gpa in the fall. I know winning in the first year had a lot to do with it, but they are NUMBER 1 right now. Not top 10 or having a solid class. They are NUMBER 1. Explain to me why we haven't been in the top 10 the whole time Dooley has been here. I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited by Vols033; 06-13-2012 at 08:50 AM..
Vols033 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
I4Jay
The TakeOver
 
I4Jay's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Nov 2007
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Orlando/Tampa
Posts: 11,172
Likes: 4,767
you answered your own question, Michigan won Big last year after a coaching change and won a Bowl game
I4Jay is offline  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Vols033
Momma said knock you out
 
Vols033's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Aug 2009
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 801
Likes: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by I4Jay View Post
you answered your own question, Michigan won Big last year after a coaching change and won a Bowl game
So what about processes and relationships? Is it all bs? Because it appears that winning is all that matters, not relationships.
Vols033 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
I4Jay
The TakeOver
 
I4Jay's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Nov 2007
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Orlando/Tampa
Posts: 11,172
Likes: 4,767
you can have great relationships all you want, if kids think youre gonna be below .500 theyre not coming to play for you
I4Jay is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
Ron Swanson
Aight
 
Ron Swanson's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Posts: 24,680
Likes: 67,405
Michigan won a BCS game. Brady Hoke inherited a much better roster than Dooley. This year will tell us all we need to know about Dooley's coaching ability. We win and Dooley's still the coach, we don't and the next guy will inherit a very nice roster. 79 days...
Ron Swanson is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #6
Eastknox865
Senior Member
 
Eastknox865's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Jul 2010
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 508
Likes: 436
If michigan was in the sec would they have been in a bowl last year. Maybe music city.
Eastknox865 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #7
SCvol333
all the bacon u have
 
SCvol333's Avatar

The Process The Process
Join Date: Jul 2010
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,227
Likes: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols033 View Post
Now i would like to think Dooley has passed on guys because of character, but those guys who were so called "character" guys dropped a terrible gpa in the fall.
They also dropped an excellent GPA in the Spring - but that doesnt support the point so I guess we should not bring that up right?
SCvol333 is online now  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #8
dlw4n
Mayor of CharlottesVol,VA
 
dlw4n's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Dec 2009
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Posts: 1,739
Likes: 1,357
A few questions

1. Is Michigan going to have a top 3 recruiting class in February, or just in June when it doesn't matter?

2. Who does Michigan have to recruit against regionally? Only MSU and Ohio State. They have the entire Midwest and only 3 teams total that are worth a crap. Look around Tennessee.

3. Brady Hoke winning big last year would be similar to us having fired Dooley at the end of last year and another coach wins big at Tennessee this year with Dooley's players? Would it be because the new coach was that much better or would it be because Dooley finally had a good team in place for someone else to ride coattails on? This is a more complicated question than you make it seem.

4. Not everyone recruits based on relationships. Some people recruit on flash in the pan. There are differing strategies and no one way may be the correct way...but Dooley has HIS way...and we either will or won't see that pay dividends soon.
dlw4n is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:01 AM   #9
SCvol333
all the bacon u have
 
SCvol333's Avatar

The Process The Process
Join Date: Jul 2010
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,227
Likes: 1,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols033 View Post
They had a great season last year.
They would not have had a "great season" if they had played Bama, LSU and Arky - I will guarantee you that
SCvol333 is online now  
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Vols033
Momma said knock you out
 
Vols033's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Aug 2009
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 801
Likes: 329
So when it comes down to hiring a coach, and you're have a great recruiter on one side, and a great coach/someone who wins with less on the other, wouldn't you always choose the guy who wins since recruiting would take care of itself? Seems like AD's tend to do the opposite.
Vols033 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
UTvols365
Senior Member

The Process The Process
Join Date: Jan 2010
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Loudon, TN
Posts: 177
Likes: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols033 View Post
We have heard a ton about the process. We have heard a ton about needing to form relationships, and that it takes multiple years to do so. I'm not going to rain on Dooley's recruiting too much because I actually feel he has done a solid job recruiting, but solid may not be good enough. I will only point out one situation that is happening right now in college football and see what yall think of it. Brady Hoke took over a team at Michigan last year that was terrible under Rich Rod. He has a dynamic athlete at QB, but for the most part are the same guys Rich Rod couldn't get bowl eligible with. They had a great season last year. Now, after one year, Michigan for the time being has the number 1 class in the country according to rivals. Now I figured well Michigan has more in state talent than Tennessee. Well actually of their 21 commitments, only 7 are from Michigan. They raid Ohio similar to how we raid Georgia. Now i would like to think Dooley has passed on guys because of character, but those guys who were so called "character" guys dropped a terrible gpa in the fall. I know winning in the first year had a lot to do with it, but they are NUMBER 1 right now. Not top 10 or having a solid class. They are NUMBER 1. Explain to me why we haven't been in the top 10 the whole time Dooley has been here. I'll hang up and listen.
Michigan also won games they should have lost. They got lucky. Imagine if we got luck on our side for LSU and NC. Then it'd be a whole different story for Dooley.
UTvols365 is offline  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #12
hallowed_hill
Senior Member
 
hallowed_hill's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Sep 2010
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Posts: 292
Likes: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols033 View Post
So what about processes and relationships? Is it all bs? Because it appears that winning is all that matters, not relationships.
Yes.
hallowed_hill is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #13
Vols033
Momma said knock you out
 
Vols033's Avatar

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Aug 2009
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 801
Likes: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCvol333 View Post
They would not have had a "great season" if they had played Bama, LSU and Arky - I will guarantee you that
Yeah but they would've destroyed us and still probably been 7-5.
Vols033 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
PC Jr.
Senior Member

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Aug 2011
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 844
Likes: 380
The season can't get here fast enough. Who cares about what Michigan did or didn't do? It has nothing to do with UT. UT will be much improved this fall versus last year. If you are really this bored, then go out and VOLUNTEER in your neighborhood and do something positive with your time until the season starts. Posts like this one are a pointless.
PC Jr. is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
snapcracklepop
Senior Member

The Process The Process The Process
Join Date: Aug 2011
The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process The Process
Posts: 887
Likes: 2,375
Its all Johnny Majors fault. He messed everything up! We r just like the cubs of college football. We're always gonna suck. (It may be because of negative posters like u vols033... believe me...recruits DO read these forums. Come on!!! Have a little confidence. This is the year. We will have a NICE year. VERY NICE!
snapcracklepop is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.