The Process

Vols033

Momma said knock you out
We have heard a ton about the process. We have heard a ton about needing to form relationships, and that it takes multiple years to do so. I'm not going to rain on Dooley's recruiting too much because I actually feel he has done a solid job recruiting, but solid may not be good enough. I will only point out one situation that is happening right now in college football and see what yall think of it. Brady Hoke took over a team at Michigan last year that was terrible under Rich Rod. He has a dynamic athlete at QB, but for the most part are the same guys Rich Rod couldn't get bowl eligible with. They had a great season last year. Now, after one year, Michigan for the time being has the number 1 class in the country according to rivals. Now I figured well Michigan has more in state talent than Tennessee. Well actually of their 21 commitments, only 7 are from Michigan. They raid Ohio similar to how we raid Georgia. Now i would like to think Dooley has passed on guys because of character, but those guys who were so called "character" guys dropped a terrible gpa in the fall. I know winning in the first year had a lot to do with it, but they are NUMBER 1 right now. Not top 10 or having a solid class. They are NUMBER 1. Explain to me why we haven't been in the top 10 the whole time Dooley has been here. I'll hang up and listen.

Last edited:
you answered your own question, Michigan won Big last year after a coaching change and won a Bowl game

Reactions: 4 people
you answered your own question, Michigan won Big last year after a coaching change and won a Bowl game

So what about processes and relationships? Is it all bs? Because it appears that winning is all that matters, not relationships.

you can have great relationships all you want, if kids think youre gonna be below .500 theyre not coming to play for you

Michigan won a BCS game. Brady Hoke inherited a much better roster than Dooley. This year will tell us all we need to know about Dooley's coaching ability. We win and Dooley's still the coach, we don't and the next guy will inherit a very nice roster. 79 days...

Reactions: 1 person
Now i would like to think Dooley has passed on guys because of character, but those guys who were so called "character" guys dropped a terrible gpa in the fall.

They also dropped an excellent GPA in the Spring - but that doesnt support the point so I guess we should not bring that up right?

A few questions

1. Is Michigan going to have a top 3 recruiting class in February, or just in June when it doesn't matter?

2. Who does Michigan have to recruit against regionally? Only MSU and Ohio State. They have the entire Midwest and only 3 teams total that are worth a crap. Look around Tennessee.

3. Brady Hoke winning big last year would be similar to us having fired Dooley at the end of last year and another coach wins big at Tennessee this year with Dooley's players? Would it be because the new coach was that much better or would it be because Dooley finally had a good team in place for someone else to ride coattails on? This is a more complicated question than you make it seem.

4. Not everyone recruits based on relationships. Some people recruit on flash in the pan. There are differing strategies and no one way may be the correct way...but Dooley has HIS way...and we either will or won't see that pay dividends soon.

Reactions: 2 people
So when it comes down to hiring a coach, and you're have a great recruiter on one side, and a great coach/someone who wins with less on the other, wouldn't you always choose the guy who wins since recruiting would take care of itself? Seems like AD's tend to do the opposite.

We have heard a ton about the process. We have heard a ton about needing to form relationships, and that it takes multiple years to do so. I'm not going to rain on Dooley's recruiting too much because I actually feel he has done a solid job recruiting, but solid may not be good enough. I will only point out one situation that is happening right now in college football and see what yall think of it. Brady Hoke took over a team at Michigan last year that was terrible under Rich Rod. He has a dynamic athlete at QB, but for the most part are the same guys Rich Rod couldn't get bowl eligible with. They had a great season last year. Now, after one year, Michigan for the time being has the number 1 class in the country according to rivals. Now I figured well Michigan has more in state talent than Tennessee. Well actually of their 21 commitments, only 7 are from Michigan. They raid Ohio similar to how we raid Georgia. Now i would like to think Dooley has passed on guys because of character, but those guys who were so called "character" guys dropped a terrible gpa in the fall. I know winning in the first year had a lot to do with it, but they are NUMBER 1 right now. Not top 10 or having a solid class. They are NUMBER 1. Explain to me why we haven't been in the top 10 the whole time Dooley has been here. I'll hang up and listen.

Michigan also won games they should have lost. They got lucky. Imagine if we got luck on our side for LSU and NC. Then it'd be a whole different story for Dooley.

The season can't get here fast enough. Who cares about what Michigan did or didn't do? It has nothing to do with UT. UT will be much improved this fall versus last year. If you are really this bored, then go out and VOLUNTEER in your neighborhood and do something positive with your time until the season starts. Posts like this one are a pointless.

Reactions: 1 person
Its all Johnny Majors fault. He messed everything up! We r just like the cubs of college football. We're always gonna suck. (It may be because of negative posters like u vols033... believe me...recruits DO read these forums. Come on!!! Have a little confidence. This is the year. We will have a NICE year. VERY NICE!

The season can't get here fast enough. Who cares about what Michigan did or didn't do? It has nothing to do with UT. UT will be much improved this fall versus last year. If you are really this bored, then go out and VOLUNTEER in your neighborhood and do something positive with your time until the season starts. Posts like this one are a pointless.

I'm about to go feed the homeless, rescue an old lady's cat, and help a blind man cross the street. Sorry if boredom meant checking on my beloved Vols while I was taking a dump.

Its all Johnny Majors fault. He messed everything up! We r just like the cubs of college football. We're always gonna suck. (It may be because of negative posters like u vols033... believe me...recruits DO read these forums. Come on!!! Have a little confidence. This is the year. We will have a NICE year. VERY NICE!

You need to go put your helmet on before you get hurt.

Brady hoke had a track record to show he can be successful in time and hired the ravens dc. It's an easy buy in. Plus up north it's always going to be oh st or Michigan. Down here you slip for as long as we have and you have a big hill to climb to get the competition out of your territory

SEC that is all that needs to be said.

VN Store

Back