Vols Offer 2015 RB

allvol21

On sunday I got to witness the UT staff recruit first hand. 2015 RB Damien Harris played basketball for me this past season at Madison Southern High School in Berea Kentucky. Ironically this is the same HS as luke stocker and his relationship with UT started the same way, a visit to the neyland thompson center while attending UT's basketball camp. Before our head bball coach talked Luke in to going to meet fulmer the staff had never recruited him and probably never heard of him. 5 days later he comitted to the vols and well you know the rest.

As for Damien it was arranged by his football coach for him to meet with someone to show him the Neyland Thompson center as sort of a casual thing. Once we walked in and they got a look of the outstanding soon to be sophomore that completely changed. Before I knew it there was a group of people including RB coach Jay Graham around us. We were toured around on saturday and once Harris finished up with our bball camp on sunday he was worked out by graham and put through agilities by McKeefery. After the workout Graham had seen enough and offered him on the spot.

Harris is 5'9 195 lbs. and they clocked him at 4.45 after playing 6 basketball games in less than 48 hours. As a lifelong UT fan the experience of not only getting to see UT recruit a player but it being one of my own was something that I will never forget. If you have any questions as to info on Damien or to the process of the visit let me know ( it was too much for one post)

Reactions: 14 people
That's a neat story by the way.. Glad we have the bball coach on our side! Is he planning on playing football over bball in college?

Last yea he rushed 742 yards on 62 carries avg. over 11 yds per carry. That was with having to sit out 2 games due to injury. As for the team they only had around 30 players in 2010 and a new coach and staff came in and they had around 80 players for the 2011 season so the program is on the rise and should be much better next year. He will definately be playing college football and not basketball, and I hope and pray he is wearing orange when he does.

Reactions: 3 people
I also want to mention that I saw the end of Chaney's workout with 2014 QB Jacob Park out of SC. The kid definately looks the part and he zipped the ball around very well from what I saw. At the end of the workout Chaney yelled over to the kid's family " He sais he can throw it 75 yards, I told him I bet he can't throw it more than 60." He threw it 63 yards on the fly.

On sunday I got to witness the UT staff recruit first hand. 2015 RB Damien Harris played basketball for me this past season at Madison Southern High School in Berea Kentucky. Ironically this is the same HS as luke stocker and his relationship with UT started the same way, a visit to the neyland thompson center while attending UT's basketball camp. Before our head bball coach talked Luke in to going to meet fulmer the staff had never recruited him and probably never heard of him. 5 days later he comitted to the vols and well you know the rest.

As for Damien it was arranged by his football coach for him to meet with someone to show him the Neyland Thompson center as sort of a casual thing. Once we walked in and they got a look of the outstanding soon to be sophomore that completely changed. Before I knew it there was a group of people including RB coach Jay Graham around us. We were toured around on saturday and once Harris finished up with our bball camp on sunday he was worked out by graham and put through agilities by McKeefery. After the workout Graham had seen enough and offered him on the spot.

Harris is 5'9 195 lbs. and they clocked him at 4.45 after playing 6 basketball games in less than 48 hours. As a lifelong UT fan the experience of not only getting to see UT recruit a player but it being one of my own was something that I will never forget. If you have any questions as to info on Damien or to the process of the visit let me know ( it was too much for one post)

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for posting this wonderful story. I will keep an eye out for additional info on this young man. Hope he and the team have a great year. :good!:

VN Store

Back