Woodberry Forest, Virginia
Woodberry Forest School
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:273 lbs
40:5.01 secs
Class:2014 (High School)

Andrew Shofner - Yahoo! Sports

He was at camp today and looked good per Fortenberry. He said his family lives in Nashville but he goes to school in VA and his grandfather played for General Neyland. Also said he's set some weightlifting records at his school, a school that has produced numerous division one guys. A name to watch.

Another legacy for 2014! That class is filled with them. Kid has good measurables especially for a 15 year old. Looks good.

"(Camp) went well. I'm 15 so I'm just going into the junior class. The coaches said they were interested but I was still a little young and they want to see what I look like in a little bit. Hopefully all goes well and I'll have good summer," Shofner said.

Measuring in at 6-foot-4, 280-pounds at such a young age he's already garnered interest not only from Tennessee, but Stanford, Alabama, Vanderbilt and Northwestern as well.

"I followed UT a little bit with some family ties to UT. I'm not particularly a huge fan of anyone. My brother plays for Duke so I guess I'm partial to them right now," Shofner said.

What sticks out to Shofner about the Vols very early in the process is the fact that it's close to his home.

"It's close, more than anything. I'll be close to family, close to friends," Shofner said.

-VQ

Andrew played center some last year. I believe that he has played every position on the OL. Franklin has visited the family. Excited to see what happens next year.

VN Store

Back