View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:280 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Dylan Wiesman - Yahoo! Sports

2013 Dylan Wiesman - Colerain - Jr yr - OL 71 - PROMO - YouTube

At camp today per Hubbs.

Last edited:
Tennessee offered Dylan Wiesman today and he left saying the Vols were his leader. We'll have a lot of stories after talking to guys at camp today.

-Fortenberry

"I just want to sit down and talk everything over with my parents and my coach and just see what all else is going to come my way but Tennessee is definitely at the top right now," Wiesman said.

When Wiesman talks to his family and coaches he said he has several things they'll evaluate before making a decision, something that could happen this summer although he said it could take longer.

"First off it's got to be academics. Then secondly, it's the coaches, the relationship," Wiesman said. "Then third, I'd have to say the distance from home and then playing time for my fourth. I don't have to play freshman year, but I'd like to get some reps."

"I like UC because of how close it is and everything and I've been able to see everything there and I haven't been able to at other schools because of the distance. I really liked UC, but I'm starting to like Tennessee right now," Wiesman said.
-VQ

Did he have a commitable offer anyway. I think if we really wanted Wiseman and Reagan they would be ours by now IMO. We must be feeling good about Koehler and Morris and or Billingsley.

Did he have a commitable offer anyway. I think if we really wanted Wiseman and Reagan they would be ours by now IMO. We must be feeling good about Koehler and Morris and or Billingsley.

Yes he was the #1 guy on their OLine board out of the ones at camp from what I've been told. This kid is very underated IMO although the BCS offers have started to come in the last few weeks (W. Virginia, Tennessee, Duke, Boston College, Cincinnati). He's started since his freshman year for one of Ohio's elite football programs.

Also that picture Rivals has up of him was from his freshman year.

Amazing how proximity ends up being the deciding factor a lot of the time, or seems to be anyway.

Talked with Cincy OL commit Dylan Wiesman this evening. Would say it's very safe to say that he will be looking at Tennessee and re-evaluating his Cincy commit in the near future. He told me he was waiting to see how things played out and when we spoke he was not aware that Mahoney had made a final decision. However, he did say that he had already had a phone call from coach Jones and that Jones and Mahoney were the main reasons he chose Cincy in the first place. Don't know if it will be next weekend, but look for him to make an official visit and move Tennessee into heavy consideration.
-Rob Lewis

Reactions: 2 people
"I have had a chance to talk to coach Jones just briefly this weekend," Wiesman said. "I'm going to be rethinking things for sure, taking a look at things, I would say but I'm going to have to wait and see how everything works out. I haven't made any decisions yet."

"The biggest reason I chose Cincinnati in the first place was because of those coaches, coach Jones and coach Mahoney specifically, so if they're not there anymore that definitely changes things and gives me a lot to think about," Wiesman offered.

"I don't know about when or anything yet, but now that all this has happened I'd say I'll take an official visit to Tennessee," Wiesman offered. "Like I said, the coaches at Cincinnati were a huge part of my decision, so I'll have a lot to think about and I already know a lot about Tennessee from being down there this summer."

"I really liked it down at Tennessee," Wiesman said. "The facilities are what jump out at you obviously. Everything is just first class, really nice. The fan support, the tradition is great. They have a lot to offer."

-VQ

Yes he was the #1 guy on their OLine board out of the ones at camp from what I've been told. This kid is very underated IMO although the BCS offers have started to come in the last few weeks (W. Virginia, Tennessee, Duke, Boston College, Cincinnati). He's started since his freshman year for one of Ohio's elite football programs.

Also that picture Rivals has up of him was from his freshman year.

This guy is better than Koehler.

This guy is better than Koehler.

Can you give reasons? I just was looking at this guy and he is ranked below Koehler by every recruiting service by quite a bit. I haven't seen any film so I have no clue.

Can you give reasons? I just was looking at this guy and he is ranked below Koehler by every recruiting service by quite a bit. I haven't seen any film so I have no clue.

Wiesman and Koehler camped this summer, and the previous staff preferred Wiesman.

Koehler is a guard. This kid is a tackle. They do not play the same position, so they should not tie up scholarships either. You get both.

Reactions: 1 person
Koehler is a guard. This kid is a tackle. They do not play the same position, so they should not tie up scholarships either. You get both.

This kid is being recruited as a guard.

Freaking mind boggling????? You cut loose a stud to keep Kendricks who probably will never see the field.

Freaking mind boggling????? You cut loose a stud to keep Kendricks who probably will never see the field.

Koehler is too slow is what I have heard. At some point, you just have to realize you don't get paid to make these decisions and put some faith in the people that do. Not sure what else to say.

VN Store

Back