3738 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '13 GA RB Peyton Barber Page 41. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #601
PrattvilleVol
RIP RichRollin

'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncchris33 View Post
Just to play devil's advocate, Jones walked into a well-stocked situation following Brian Kelly at Grand Valley and Cincy. He did do a good job of keeping those places stocked in his time there.
Nothing like a Devils Advocate patting himself on the back while FAILING miserably at selling our program. You go Scooterr. Maybe one day your brain will catch your mouth.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #602
GLDunlap

'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornbleddinorange View Post
I love butch but he will go 0-3 heads up with AU if we miss on ford
Butch didn't go 0 for anything. All 3 of the guys were previously committed to other schools when Butch was hired here. To many variables to make statement like this.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #603
cncchris33

'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrattvilleVol View Post
Nothing like a Devils Advocate patting himself on the back while FAILING miserably at selling our program. You go Scooterr. Maybe one day your brain will catch your mouth.
Central Michigan, not GVSU. My bad, but wow...prick alert. I wasn't calling you out or trying to prove you wrong. Just looking at it from another angle. Recruiting rankings mean nothing to me and on-field production does. Kelly did well at both places and Butch continued that success.

No need to go to full-attack mode.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #604
cncchris33

'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigALWiLson View Post
Cincy well stocked ? Wanna check class rankings ? Grand Valley State enough said. Brian Kelly isn't a good recruiter IMO. Anyone can recruit to ND.
Central Michigan, not GVSU. Got ahead of myself there. My apologies. Class rankings don't mean much to me as I said earlier. On field production showed Kelly did well at both places and Butch continued that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #605
JacketVol

'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
Quote:
Central Michigan, not GVSU. My bad, but wow...prick alert. I wasn't calling you out or trying to prove you wrong. Just looking at it from another angle. Recruiting rankings mean nothing to me and on-field production does. Kelly did well at both places and Butch continued that success.

No need to go to full-attack mode.
When Kelly went to ND, he had a senior heavy laden team. The next year I believe was one of the years Jones did not win. I think it was a 4 win season. He built it back up. His classes were always rated higher than what Kelly's were.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #606
cncchris33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketVol View Post
When Kelly went to ND, he had a senior heavy laden team. The next year I believe was one of the years Jones did not win. I think it was a 4 win season. He built it back up. His classes were always rated higher than what Kelly's were.
True, but Kelly's success brought attention to the program. I'm not saying Butch did nothing, and rolled right into the catbird's seat. But he followed a successful coach at both stops.

A year later, Butch won 10 games, and he didn't do it with freshmen, so it was Kelly's recruits contributing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #607
Vol4Life77
RiseToTheTop VFL 117

'13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber '13 GA RB Peyton Barber
Quote:
True, but Kelly's success brought attention to the program. I'm not saying Butch did nothing, and rolled right into the catbird's seat. But he followed a successful coach at both stops.

A year later, Butch won 10 games, and he didn't do it with freshmen, so it was Kelly's recruits contributing.
While it may have been Kelly's recruits it wasn't Kelly's system. Kelly and Jones operate different systems. Those recruits were brought in for Kellys system and Coach Jones won those games with his system, which isn't that easy to do with players that weren't brought in for your system. The big difference in that season is that his QB was a freshman that was recruited specifically for his system and you saw the difference on the field.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #608
cncchris33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol4Life77 View Post
While it may have been Kelly's recruits it wasn't Kelly's system. Kelly and Jones operate different systems. Those recruits were brought in for Kellys system and Coach Jones won those games with his system, which isn't that easy to do with players that weren't brought in for your system. The big difference in that season is that his QB was a freshman that was recruited specifically for his system and you saw the difference on the field.
I'll concede the point. I was just trying to illustrate that Butch Jones didn't exactly walk into two complete renovation projects at CMU or Cincy, and was successful, much like Malzahn at ASU.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #609
VOLINVONORE

Quote:
true, but kelly's success brought attention to the program. I'm not saying butch did nothing, and rolled right into the catbird's seat. But he followed a successful coach at both stops.

A year later, butch won 10 games, and he didn't do it with freshmen, so it was kelly's recruits contributing.
weak.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #610
cncchris33

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLINVONORE View Post
weak.
Strong counter.
Reply With Quote TOP