1185 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '13 DE DB Jahmere Irvin-Sills Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. committed to Barn ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
HialeahGator's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Miami Gardens, FL
Posts: 8,223
Likes: 1,080
committed to Barn
HialeahGator is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
You did not want this kid anyway. The baggage following him and the NCAA probably looking at redflags is a signal to stay away.

This new powerhouse school is an online virtual school created because David Sills(father of young phenom QB who commited to Kiffin) and a few others got them pretty much kicked out of DE. They meet in a storage room owned by Sills for their classes online.

This is also the same school that Bigelow goes to to(USC commit) and K Rodgers(top OL recruit) who is now leaning towards AU. FWIW
__________________
"Charlie Don't Surf"
TideWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OGbabyaviVol's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 7,538
Likes: 3,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
You did not want this kid anyway. The baggage following him and the NCAA probably looking at redflags is a signal to stay away.

This new powerhouse school is an online virtual school created because David Sills(father of young phenom QB who commited to Kiffin) and a few others got them pretty much kicked out of DE. They meet in a storage room owned by Sills for their classes online.

This is also the same school that Bigelow goes to to(USC commit) and K Rodgers(top OL recruit) who is now leaning towards AU. FWIW
All of this flat out smells fishy! I don't think that I would want ANY of these guys that go to this "new school". I know Bigelow looks like a beast and is probably worth the risk, but this sounds like every kid attending this "school" may be a headache to get admitted.
OGbabyaviVol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Member

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Negative comments

are based on total lack of information. Yes this is a "virtual" school, but they were not "thrown out" of Delaware nor are they an academic risk. The on line programs are in a classroom and supervised by an on-site, qualified tutor. Students are required to maintain academic standards that are often beyond more traditional schools. Most of the supposition and conclusions of both the previous posters is erroneous. Jahmere is a good kid who has been through more in 17 years than most experience in a lifetime, and he is a terrific athlete.
David Sills IV has put together a football school, but he has given hope of escape to many ghetto kids whose lives were basically hopeless. The move was because of school issues at Red Lion and not over any state issues.
Message: don't make assumptions when you don't know what you are talking about.
armygrad is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
DBU
 
The Breakerboy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Birmingham, Al.
Posts: 17,848
Likes: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by armygrad View Post
are based on total lack of information. Yes this is a "virtual" school, but they were not "thrown out" of Delaware nor are they an academic risk. The on line programs are in a classroom and supervised by an on-site, qualified tutor. Students are required to maintain academic standards that are often beyond more traditional schools. Most of the supposition and conclusions of both the previous posters is erroneous. Jahmere is a good kid who has been through more in 17 years than most experience in a lifetime, and he is a terrific athlete.
David Sills IV has put together a football school, but he has given hope of escape to many ghetto kids whose lives were basically hopeless. The move was because of school issues at Red Lion and not over any state issues.
Message: don't make assumptions when you don't know what you are talking about.
I doubt they'll get in trouble. Kiffin knows what recruits will get him trouble. He stopped recruiting Cam Newton. That BS about him not fitting the system was just a spin.
The Breakerboy is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chattanooga,Tn
Posts: 9,958
Likes: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Breakerboy View Post
I doubt they'll get in trouble. Kiffin knows what recruits will get him trouble. He stopped recruiting Cam Newton. That BS about him not fitting the system was just a spin.
People talk about how kiffin recruits, but he knows the lines he can cross and he wasn't gonna break bread for Cam.
AV_12 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #22 (permalink)
Extremely Blessed

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,548
Likes: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol_12 View Post
People talk about how kiffin recruits, but he knows the lines he can cross and he wasn't gonna break bread for Cam.
If you're going to color within the lines, you have to know where the lines are. Kiffin not only knows where the lines are but outlines them with a magic marker so that technically he's inside and outside the lines.
Tha Don is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SigNu_VolFan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,882
Likes: 2,164
Coach Thigpen stopped by to see Jahmere today. He will "certainly consider" the Vols moving forward, according to VQ.

Last edited by SigNu_VolFan; 12-10-2012 at 04:14 PM..
SigNu_VolFan is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Serenadium51's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 3,090
Likes: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigNu_VolFan View Post
Coach Thigpen stopped by to see Jahmere today. He will "certainly consider" the Vols moving forward, according to VQ.
He might have some baggage but it seems like he's go plenty of talent. Might be a little raw though.
Serenadium51 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 5,418
Likes: 1,430
Our secondary needs all the new blood we can find.
GoBigOrangeVols is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
This is one of those kids that goes to a virtual school. It has no physical address and is currently being investigated. The school founder is the father of the QB Sills that committed to USC. Their christian group caused a major investigation and scandal at a school in Delaware they were funding and when they were basically disassociated with the father started a virtual school(online) in MD. The kids meet in a storeroom in his business and the football coaches are their class coaches to help them in the classroom. I would be weary of any kid from this school.

AU, USC, and WVU have been recruiting them hard, and many players will end up at DI programs. The players come from several states but play football for the school.
__________________
"Charlie Don't Surf"
TideWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
SigNu_VolFan's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,882
Likes: 2,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
This is one of those kids that goes to a virtual school. It has no physical address and is currently being investigated. The school founder is the father of the QB Sills that committed to USC. Their christian group caused a major investigation and scandal at a school in Delaware they were funding and when they were basically disassociated with the father started a virtual school(online) in MD. The kids meet in a storeroom in his business and the football coaches are their class coaches to help them in the classroom. I would be weary of any kid from this school.

AU, USC, and WVU have been recruiting them hard, and many players will end up at DI programs. The players come from several states but play football for the school.
More importantly, can he cover a WR?
SigNu_VolFan is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Serenadium51's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 3,090
Likes: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
This is one of those kids that goes to a virtual school. It has no physical address and is currently being investigated. The school founder is the father of the QB Sills that committed to USC. Their christian group caused a major investigation and scandal at a school in Delaware they were funding and when they were basically disassociated with the father started a virtual school(online) in MD. The kids meet in a storeroom in his business and the football coaches are their class coaches to help them in the classroom. I would be weary of any kid from this school.

AU, USC, and WVU have been recruiting them hard, and many players will end up at DI programs. The players come from several states but play football for the school.
I read that and understand it, he's a risk, but how good of a player is he?
Serenadium51 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Serenadium51's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Johnson City, TN
Posts: 3,090
Likes: 1,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigNu_VolFan View Post
More importantly, can he cover a WR?
This
Serenadium51 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenadium51 View Post
I read that and understand it, he's a risk, but how good of a player is he?
He would need a year or two probably to contribute. The real question is if the staff wants to take the gamble is the others players will any of them consider like K Rodgers or Bigelow. Or maybe it will help with future players because it will be a pipeline for talent as long the NCAA does not interfere.
__________________
"Charlie Don't Surf"
TideWarrior is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27