List of QB's UT has offered in 2013

WA_Vol

Half of them have already committed to other school.
The rest who are uncommitted are not in the 10 ten at their postion and only one 4 star player, #15, 17, and 22 pro style QB.

Not what I was hoping to see coming in with Bray potentially leaving after this season:

Rivals.com Search Results - Yahoo! Sports

QB Shane Morris Michigan
QB Connor Mitch list
QB Austin Allen list
QB Brayden Scott list
QB Kyle Kempt Cincinnati
QB Darryl Richardson list
QB Ryan Burns Stanford
QB Christian Hackenberg Penn State
QB Johnathon McCrary Vanderbilt

Last edited:
More worried about LB's OL's and DT's

This. QB is fairly low down on the list of worries this year. Especially when you consider that after Bray we have Worley and Peterman. Worley will never be a great QB, just does not have the arm strength to reach that caliber, but will be a solid quarterback after Chaney gets him to lose the happy feet in the pocket. Then Peterman has earned rave reviews in practice thus far, which anybody that watched his film would have expected (fully expect the option package that Dooley has mentioned to be implemented, Peterman is a weapon that you must get on the field). Because of this we are in a place that we can be picky with QB offers. We still are in as good of position as anybody with Connor Mitch who has been hinted on tos to be our top target from the beginning. If not him, then some guys like Riley Ferguson who the staff is monitoring real closely might get an offer. Who really knows who we would offer next though, it is way to early to tell with QB's. QB is a position that really changes in the summer during camps as far as rankings and offer list goes (this was especially evident last year).

On a side note: Darryl Richardson may technically have an offer, but it is not anywhere near committable at this point. He does not have a committable offer to any big time program at the moment. He is an example of a type of player that could blow up at camps if he demonstrates improved accuracy, he is a heck of an athlete and has an incredible arm though.

Not sure if serious.

The kid literally played, what? 2 games? Seriously, if you're gonna judge him off that you got a hole in your screen door friend.

I've seen a lot of true freshmen QB's play at UT: Manning, Clausen, Ainge, Bray, etc. I wasn't impressed by Worley. He was ok, nothing special.

I've seen a lot of true freshmen QB's play at UT: Manning, Clausen, Ainge, Bray, etc. I wasn't impressed by Worley. He was ok, nothing special.

Those guys had a good supporting cast, even Bray had solid guys to throw to his freshman year. Worley had Rogers and thats about it, he also played against 2 decent defenses. While he didn't look great, he played 2 games hard to judge the kid off that. Gotta politely disagree with you.

Reactions: 5 people
Also, don't be surprised if Tyler Cogswell blows up this summer after camps, I like his film quite a bit. We have shown interest

I'm pumped about the guys we have committed so far.. I'm surprised Carr isn't talked about more.. And I just saw where Camion has an offer from bama.. That's saying something.. His highlights are ridiculous too.

Can someone explain why McCrary is committed to vandy with offers from UT, uga, Fsu, etc.? Are those offers real or is he getting a check from Franklin?

Half of them have already committed to other school.
The rest who are uncommitted are not in the 10 ten at their postion and only one 4 star player, #15, 17, and 22 pro style QB.

Not what I was hoping to see coming in with Bray potentially leaving after this season:

Rivals.com Search Results - Yahoo! Sports

QB Shane Morris Michigan
QB Connor Mitch list
QB Austin Allen list
QB Brayden Scott list
QB Kyle Kempt Cincinnati
QB Darryl Richardson list
QB Ryan Burns Stanford
QB Christian Hackenberg Penn State
QB Johnathon McCrary Vanderbilt

Worley and Peterman are better than anyone on that list JMO. Qb is the one position that I feel we have exceptional depth at.

Nate Peterman is better than everyone of the QBs we have offered this cycle.

Nate is very good but you are always an injury away from having a depth issue. I think we have solid depth at QB but I would still like to take a solid QB every year if possible.

Reactions: 3 people
Between now and next Jan. so much is going to happen. We are going to hear about QB's that may blow up this fall or others that we haven't even heard of. The staff has been great so far in evaluating talented QB's so at this point I'm not really concerned about it.

Reactions: 1 person
Between now and next Jan. so much is going to happen. We are going to hear about QB's that may blow up this fall or others that we haven't even heard of. The staff has been great so far in evaluating talented QB's so at this point I'm not really concerned about it.

I am definitely not worried about the QB recruiting this year. I will trust the staff after all it's their jobs that are on the line. I am sure they will take who they feel comfortable with.

VN Store

Back