'14 NC RB Derrell Scott (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I4Jay

The TakeOver
Early offers from North Carolina, South Carolina and East Carolina.

Hears quite a bit from Tennessee

• Ht: 5'11"
  • Wt: 180
  • 40: 4.49 secs
  • Class: 2014 (High School)
  • Havelock High School (Havelock, NC)

1043358.jpg

ESPN

Scout

Rivals

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SUENjJthEw&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Last edited:
Visting April 14th & Tennessee is expected to offer on his visit.

Said right now he is favoring USCjr but he does like Tennessee.

UT officially offered Derrell Scott last week. He also picked up a VT offer.

"It felt good," Scott admitted. "I wasn't expecting it at the time. It kind of surprised me, but it felt good coming from such a good school like Virginia Tech, same with Tennessee."

Scott is expected to take an unofficial visit to Tennessee April 14.

"I have not been there before, but it should be a great experience for a first time," Scott said.
-Rivals.

Per 247 article, It was Scott's first ever time being in Tennesee. He liked the campus & the visit. He was able to see the scrimmage & tour all the facilities. Coach Graham told him that he was a real special player that he would like to coach. He wants to come back for a game this season, right now USCjr would be his favorite ATP.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember back when it wasn't an uncommon thing for South Carolina to roll off another 0-12 or 2-10 season. That really wasn't too long ago.

From Nike camp in Charlotte- The 5-foot-11, 175-pounder showed off his excellent footspeed and explosiveness during one-on-ones and was one of the toughest prospects at the event for any player to cover.

A poster on VQ is claiming he talked to an assistant coach at Scott's HS and he told him that Scott loves UT and Dooley and wears UT gear all the time. TIFWIW

Reactions: 1 person
Scott said that Alabama, Notre Dame, Oregon, Texas A&M, and some others had recently started showing interest in him as well. Does he have a list of favorites?

"Right now, it's early so I'm not trying to commit myself to anybody," he said. "I'm just enjoying the process and seeing what's out there. I'm not trying to make a decision. I would say next year but I'm not sure. Not anytime soon."
-Rivals

Scott added that South Carolina told him that he will be their top offensive target next year.

From what I've read, South Carolina will be tough to beat for Scott. SC was the first school to offer him and he's been to Carolina multiple times now, plus his good friend and teammate Pharoah Cooper is committed to SC for the 2013 class. Also obviously helps that he's the top RB target for the 2014 class as of this point. Though it's a long way to go for a 2014 guy.

“It feels good to know that I am a four-star prospect,” Scott said. “It’s nice to have people think highly of you, but now I just have to keep working and maybe I can make it to five star or something like that.”

Scott has accumulated 10 offers from Division I programs across the college football landscape. He puts South Carolina atop his list with teams like Florida State, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Alabama, LSU and Tennessee trailing close behind.
Recruiting Scott for the Vols is running backs coach Jay Graham, who has built a solid relationship with Scott thus far.
“It has been a good relationship — Coach Graham is a cool guy,” he said. “I talk to him on the phone every now and then and I get mail from them all the time. He just asks me how I am doing and things like that.”
Not only does Scott play tailback in high school, but he is also a lock-down corner for the Rams, a position that he has considered playing at the next level.
“I play cornerback and I return kicks too,” Scott said. “Most schools are looking at me at running back, but it doesn’t matter to me. I don’t have any interceptions or anything like that, but schools aren’t really throwing to my side ever. I will play wherever schools want me to.”
Scout

There is a 2014 RB named Tyler Bray in NC that is pretty good. I wish we would go after Elijah Hood of Charlotte Catholic you need to google him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back