'14 TN RB Jalen Hurd (UT commit 3/14/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyTopForMe

Vol fan in KY
6ntm69.jpg

Beech High School - Hendersonville, TN

Jalen Hurd - Yahoo! Sports

Jalen Hurd Football Profile - Beech 11-12 - MaxPreps

Jalen Hurd - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Last edited:
I go to school with Jalen and my best guess is that he ends up at WR next year, and in college as well. He just has a receiver's framework more than any other position.

I go to Beech and Jalens a freak athletically. He's too tall to play RB in college so WR or DB is most likely. He has an extreme knack for going up and getting a jump ball as well as run after catch. Not sure if he is SEC level, though...

I had the chance to watch this young man play this past fall. He was very impressive as a sophomore, and by the time that he's a senior, he will be able to write his ticket anywhere (including the SEC).

Reactions: 1 person
use to umpire Jalen in baseball. kid was by far the fastest and most naturally athletic kid in the league. didn't have the skills in baseball that he does on the football field, but athletically he's always been several steps ahead of other kids in his age group/range.

Athlete
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Beech Senior HS
Ht:6'3"
Wt:200 lbs
Class:2014 (High School)

I had the chance to watch this young man play this past fall. He was very impressive as a sophomore, and by the time that he's a senior, he will be able to write his ticket anywhere (including the SEC).

I hope you're right but competition is good not great in District 9 5A.

Beech played hendersonville, gallatin, mt juliet, and henry county this year... thats pretty tough.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Beech played hendersonville, gallatin, mt juliet, and henry county this year... thats pretty tough.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Jalen struggled against some of the better teams on Beech's schedule this year i.e. HHS, MJHS, HCHS. Of course he was only a sophomore and can get better but I'm not ready to deem him an SEC player just yet.

Didn't look all that fast in either of the games against us. Not slow by any means, but just not SEC speed. JMO.

To my understanding, he may still be 15 and the coaches are saying that he is running a low 4.5. It will be interesting to see what he does next season as a 16 year old.

Ditto on the Jalen's. My name is Jalen and I hadn't ever met anyone named Jalen my age. We could make a full roster of Jalens this year. It's quite funny.

Jalen struggled against some of the better teams on Beech's schedule this year i.e. HHS, MJHS, HCHS. Of course he was only a sophomore and can get better but I'm not ready to deem him an SEC player just yet.

Hard to run without a passing game and lackluster-at-best play calling.

Didn't look all that fast in either of the games against us. Not slow by any means, but just not SEC speed. JMO.

He's got two more years so there's plenty of time for improvement, also he's running track this spring so by next year he should be faster, roughly a 4.45 or so.

This guy may develop into a top wr prospect as well

Just read that Jalen received his first SEC scholarship offer from Vanderbilt today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back