689 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Dooley blasts SEC's new over-signing rules. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Derek Dooley does not like the SEC’s new “roster management” rules to address over-signing, and the Tennessee coach is not ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

Dooley blasts SEC's new over-signing rules

Derek Dooley does not like the SEC’s new “roster management” rules to address over-signing, and the Tennessee coach is not afraid to let everybody know it.
Derek Dooley blasts SEC’s new over-signing rules | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
O.V.E.R.C.O.M.E.

CDD is right but no one wants to hear him. It's a very small percentage of cases that get a lot of coverage. The whole crux is about the coach keeping his word. The old rule was better than the current one, which is only for PR. (Thanks Houston Nutt!)

The comments section is very funny - SOUR GRAPES!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 02:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Did he "blast," the new rule? What a title. This is an MSN/Fox News title if I've ever seen one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
O.V.E.R.C.O.M.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Top Fade View Post
Did he "blast," the new rule? What a title. This is an MSN/Fox News title if I've ever seen one.
That's the AJC for you. Big paper, small genitals.
VN Likes: 10
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
Derek Dooley does not like the SEC’s new “roster management” rules to address over-signing, and the Tennessee coach is not afraid to let everybody know it.
Derek Dooley blasts SEC’s new over-signing rules | AJC College Sports Recruiting
''RELATED: Sandy Creek DB Shaq Wiggins, who committed to UGA last weekend, was offered by Vanderbilt on Monday. “I got to talk to about four coaches, including the head coach James Franklin. They all knew that I committed to Georgia but they wanted to let me know that I had an offer from Vanderbilt, and they invited me to their Junior Day.”

double-talking hypocrite...imo

good read OP, tks for posting...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #6 (permalink)

The comments on that article...wow. UGA fans don't even realize that they are bashing one of their own in the process. Dooley and his dad (and probably most coaches) feel the same way about over signing.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfalcon View Post
CDD is right but no one wants to hear him. It's a very small percentage of cases that get a lot of coverage. The whole crux is about the coach keeping his word. The old rule was better than the current one, which is only for PR. (Thanks Houston Nutt!)

The comments section is very funny - SOUR GRAPES!
I seen that.I live in Ga and Im telling you these are some uneducated people here.I have a friend here who has lived here all but 3 years of his life and he told me if a guy gets a GED in Ga or even graduates that it would equal to about a 9th or 10th grade education.he said his family moved to fla for the last 3 years of his high school and then moved back to Ga after he graduated.So I didnt expect any of those people who commented on the article to understand what Dooley was saying.The funny thing is MR was on TV on NSD and he said he didnt like the 25 rule.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Gettin' Dirty Baskets

After reading the fan comments at the bottom of the page, all I have to say is that I hope we beat the **** out of georgia next year. They're fan base is more lost than our own. You give them a little bit of a talent base and a weak schedule, and they get a God complex.

Last edited by supersmo18; 02-14-2012 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

The guy that said somebody had to clean up the mess of the greedy coaches cracked me up the most. There were several paragraphs about how the 25 rule doesn't clean it up. I think a lot of those guys just read the title and commented. That may be all they could read
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Harding Vol

The "Mark Richt is an outstanding disciple for Christ and would never be a part of anything evil toward kids" comment had me rolling in the floor. The Georgia fans are hilariously butt hurt.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

ps. thanks for posting the article OP, good read.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamoshika View Post
I really liked this rule until signing day, it makes sense why it doesn't work, but oversigning is another evil you gotta deal with. Could always do like Saban though, just tell the kids to go elsewhere on signing day, since its harder to make them waste a year or so then cut them for space. I think the only solution is 4-year scholarships, then you HAVE to be a good recruiter/evaluator.

Last edited by CMcEver; 02-14-2012 at 05:31 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

DD is right, it is stupid. If you have two spots left, you are just supposed to recruit two guys and assume they'll both pick you? Puts the SEC at a disadvantage that might hurt our natinal supremacy in the long run.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Did Dooley just say all that?

That's the only thing I got out of the article.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

WTH? Whats with all the political garbage?

Back to topic, maybe CDD should just over sign a few players every year and hope to figure the rest out as it comes a long. Like his mentor.
Reply With Quote TOP