Darius Latham
DT
Indianapolis, IN
6'5", 275

Darius Latham - Yahoo! Sports
Scout.com: Darius Latham Profile
Darius Latham

Has recent Tennessee offer per Scout.
Latham is a 6'5, 285-lb lineman who is also an excellent basketball player. That athleticism in that body allows him to project on either side of the ball, although he says he prefers defense. Indiana and Mississippi offered first and Michigan and Tennessee have followed in recent days and Ohio State is also showing interest now. His best days in football are ahead of him, and schools know that, but they also know he has a lot of potential.

CSP pulled the top player from Indianapolis in the 2010 and 2011 classes, so I'm looking forward to this recruitment battle with Urban.

In the last week, Latham has added new offers from Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern and Tennessee. Previous offers had come in from Indiana, Louisville, Minnesota, Ole Miss and Purdue. All of these offers have come in since Christmas, and changed Latham's outlook.

"I'm just looking to the future now," Latham said. "I'm looking into college and looking to get my schooling paid for is the main thing. It is exciting though."

Latham is looking closely at each of recent schools that have offered. He has varying degrees of familiarity with each new school, but is looking to build better relationships with the coaching staffs. He plans to contact Northwestern head coach Pat Fitzgerald this week, and recently had a conversation with Tennessee coaches.

"That's a big-time school," Latham said of Tennessee. "They were talking how they like my football and talking about [playing] me on both sides of the ball."

- Rivals

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/np4njfsUNAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He could easily hold up to 315 and his money may be on the defensive side of the ball after hs

VN Store

Back