3162 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '13 GA DE Carl Lawson (Auburn commit) Page 287. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Originally Posted by VolOnthePlains Duly got fired bro. We have Butch now. You are dumb Ricky -Conky ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #4291 (permalink)
Boss Vol
 
NapTownVol9's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,824
Likes: 1,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolOnthePlains View Post
Duly got fired bro. We have Butch now.
You are dumb Ricky

-Conky
NapTownVol9 is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #4292 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rcrrcr's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Behind Enemy Lines!
Posts: 774
Likes: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by 865dude View Post
Lawson is very good, but he won't be Clowney.

At this point, I would take three years with Lawson over one year left with Clowney.
rcrrcr is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #4293 (permalink)
Oh Boy
 
head1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,890
Likes: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrrcr View Post
At this point, I would take three years with Lawson over one year left with Clowney.
Lawson hasn't played a down in college. You guys need to wake up. Saying Lawson is anywhere near the best player in college football right now is just stupid.
head1 is offline  
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #4294 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LawsonVFL's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,271
Likes: 624
Lawson is more prepared coming out of high school than Clowney. He's much more polished at his position than Clowney was. With that said, Clowney's ceiling is and has always been much higher.
LawsonVFL is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #4295 (permalink)
VOL FOREVER
 
1967's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Likes: 57
hoops Vols need you Carl

Instant playing time and team will be better every year you are here... Tennessee is moving up!!
1967 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #4296 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,757
Likes: 2,720
Honestly I don't think there is a single player in history of sports that hasn't taken a few plays off. It happens. The great ones just make them minimal and not in key situations
Nashvegas31 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #4297 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
white65's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 1,829
Likes: 808
Has lawson commited yet?
white65 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #4298 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
utvol372's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Overseas
Posts: 550
Likes: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawsonVFL View Post
Lawson is more prepared coming out of high school than Clowney. He's much more polished at his position than Clowney was. With that said, Clowney's ceiling is and has always been much higher.
In all fairness, how polished can a High School player really be? I'd much rather a raw specimen than someone who's already plateaued on what he can do technically.

Not knocking Lawson either, but I think the reason he's getting so much attention is mostly due to his raw potential, rather than his grasping of football fundamentals.

With that said, I've only watched highlight of Lawson, so I'm certainly no expert. I just know I want him because every other big school wants him.
__________________
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
utvol372 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:09 PM   #4299 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
utvol372's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Overseas
Posts: 550
Likes: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by white65 View Post
Has lawson commited yet?
No, and I don't think that will happen till Monday, at the earliest. I still have a feeling he takes the visit to UNC and commits here shortly thereafter. I, also, don't think it's a lock either. Although, I'm 80% sure in my non-expert opinion.,
__________________
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

Last edited by utvol372; 01-19-2013 at 04:51 PM..
utvol372 is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #4300 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LawsonVFL's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,271
Likes: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvol372 View Post
In all fairness, how polished can a High School player really be? I'd much rather a raw specimen than someone who's already plateaued on what he can do technically.

Not knocking Lawson either, but I think the reason he's getting so much attention is mostly due to his raw potential, rather than his grasping of football fundamentals.

With that said, I've only watched highlight of Lawson, so I'm certainly no expert. I just know I want him because every other big school wants him.
He's polished because he's received excellent personal training in high school. You're reading way too far into a statement to assume he's "plateaued" lol. Lawson is better prepared for the college game and making an impact Day 1. The reason Clowney's ceiling is higher is his size. It was a matter of time before it all clicked for him and we've seen that now.
LawsonVFL is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #4301 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
utvol372's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Overseas
Posts: 550
Likes: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawsonVFL View Post
He's polished because he's received excellent personal training in high school. You're reading way too far into a statement to assume he's "plateaued" lol. Lawson is better prepared for the college game and making an impact Day 1. The reason Clowney's ceiling is higher is his size. It was a matter of time before it all clicked for him and we've seen that now.
Ok, I got you. I don't want to dive to deep into the subject, because it could get hairy, but I do think Lawson's ability to make an impact immediately is helped by the fact that he comes from a good home, which emphasized his development, and seems to have built him into a high-character individual.

That matters when they reach the college level, and the game speeds up, and the ability to mentally face these new challenges becomes critical.

See: Berry, Eric.
__________________
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
utvol372 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #4302 (permalink)
Oh Boy
 
head1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,890
Likes: 1,741
And when Lawson commits elsewhere he will be overrated. Right?
head1 is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #4303 (permalink)
Astronaut/Wide Receiver
 
HottyToddyVol's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ca$hville, TN
Posts: 453
Likes: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by head1 View Post
And when Lawson commits elsewhere he will be overrated. Right?
exactly
HottyToddyVol is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #4304 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mullins2010's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Tennessee
Posts: 3,373
Likes: 1,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by head1 View Post
And when Lawson commits elsewhere he will be overrated. Right?
Won't have to worry bout that
Mullins2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #4305 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
utvol372's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Overseas
Posts: 550
Likes: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by head1 View Post
And when Lawson commits elsewhere he will be overrated. Right?
The horse... it be dead. Stop beating it.
__________________
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
utvol372 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27