Volnation getting some love (or hate) from the AJC today

They even look like Eric.

We know how awesome orange will look on these guys.

The details of the meeting worries me that this is going to turn into a NCAA violation. Sounds like the meeting crossed the line. Anyway I wish the article hadn't been written.

Edit: I reread the article and see that the meeting was with the coach and not the kids. No violation.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
If it comes down to Dooley or the Berry twins, you guys know where I stand.

We can get by without Dooley, but these guys have Vol royalty written all over them.

Reactions: 1 person
If Trooper is at AU in 2 years it will be nothing short of a miracle.

Eric Berry living in a cow town like Auburn?

If these guys go with Trooper, they really need to help him find a better job at a place that doesn't have such a cow manure stench to it before they start college.

Also, it's not like Trooper is a long-term lock at Auburn. He could easily move elsewhere before or during that four year (three and NFL) period.

The best thing we could do is show more love for past vols! Fork out some honor and cash, pay them to bring the family and help out with camps or donate the facility to them for a charity camp. The better they look and the more " " and K-town in the same sentence the better. How much endorsement $$ do Tenn. players get? Put some $ in these seniors pocket asap it will help til they get NFL checks.

Reactions: 2 people
Eric Berry living in a cow town like Auburn?

If these guys go with Trooper, they really need to help him find a better job at a place that doesn't have such a cow manure stench to it before they start college.

Also, it's not like Trooper is a long-term lock at Auburn. He could easily move elsewhere before or during that four year (three and NFL) period.

Hire Troop back. Problem solved, him and Jay would light it up. Troop with wide-outs or defense?

Last edited:
I am glad I am not the only one thinking that meeting them would be a violation....sounds like a certain All pro safety got upset over nothing...

Hire Troop back problem solved him and Jay would light it up. VFL.

I'd be fine with that. I loved watching him on the Vol Walk... firing up the team and whatnot. He's a player's coach and I know they really like him. So, I see why these guys like him.

I hope they decide to come to UT, but if not its no big deal. There is only one Eric Berry.

If Secretariat couldnt produce another horse of the same caliber, why should we expect James Berry to?

James Berry is a 100% VFL...all his sons will be Vols! You can take that one to the bank baaaaaby!

We're talking 2014...just chill...Trooper is po'ed he didn't get the OC job down there. He will be bumping chests some place else by '14

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
James Berry is a 100% VFL...all his sons will be Vols! You can take that one to the bank baaaaaby!

We're talking 2012...just chill...Trooper is po'ed he didn't get the OC job down there. He will be bumping chests some place else by '14

This! ^^^

That's a lot easier to predict than is Troop's employer.

We're talking 2012...just chill...Trooper is po'ed he didn't get the OC job down there. He will be bumping chests some place else by '14

Pretty sure James Berry isn't the type of person to force his kids into a choosing a college - so no - its very likely that they could end up somewhere else.. and even more likely if Dooley is still here come signing day.

Give James and a couple teamates 10,000 to speak or something put the whole family up for a couple days & go to a b-ball game. We have NFL "family" why not use them. Not everyone goes to the pros, but all 17&18yr. olds want fame outside thier own hood.

Damned if you do/don't kind of situation. If Dooley was hot and heavy on these guys the AJC would be doing an expose' on the ridiculous nature of early recruiting

Derek Dooley meets the Berry Twins for the first time

And some people here think that VolNation doesn't matter...recruits see everything. Everyone sees this board.

Don't spew any vile crap anymore!

EDIT:

Merge. Sorry, it was already posted.

Exactly...
Rumors that there’s a fractured relationship between Dooley and the Berry family have ignited an epic and never-ending debate on the Tennessee message boards.

As much as I love volnation, this is proof its read by many people and all the negative idiot fans that continue to bash the coach and program is why Tennessee is always someone elses punchline.

Exactly...

As much as I love volnation, this is proof its read by many people and all the negative idiot fans that continue to bash the coach and program is why Tennessee is always someone elses punchline.

Very true man...

Volnation is not some "Vol Fans Only" bubble where you can say anything and get away with it.

I think some people on here need to realize that the recruits are reading places like this, and it's a big thing.

-Go Vols

Reactions: 3 people
Exactly...

Going 1-7 in the sec makes you a puncline. Having crazy fans does not.

Reactions: 5 people
Very true man...

Volnation is not some "Vol Fans Only" bubble where you can say anything and get away with it.

I think some people on here need to realize that the recruits are reading places like this, and it's a big thing.

-Go Vols

Agree 100%

Reactions: 2 people
Derek Dooley meets the Berry Twins for the first time

And some people here think that VolNation doesn't matter...recruits see everything. Everyone sees this board.

Don't spew any vile crap anymore!

EDIT:

Merge. Sorry, it was already posted.

Oh no. You are wrong.... and some of the negative posters will be sure to cut you down to size for suggesting that what they post here has any impact at all on the program. If the Vols miss out on the Berry twins, they will completely deny that they had any part in it.

Going 1-7 in the sec makes you a puncline. Having crazy fans does not.

I was talking about how people view us when they read what our fans post on message boards, not our teams record. But I will agree, 1-7 in conference can make for an easy punchline.

VN Store

Back