'13 TN Ath Jalen Reeves-Maybin (UT commit 8/10/12)

65YearsAVol

Roll Gypsy Roll
Anybody know anything about this kid? I didn't see a thread on him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89siPWnlzdI&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited:
did we give an offer for ath. qb, lb?

I don't know for sure, but am pretty confident it was not at QB. For the prospects that we have on the board for the 2013 class, I would be shocked if he got an offer as a QB

No way we're offering this kid as a QB. We wish you the best of luck at Austin Peay, though, bro.

Have you seen him play? If so, what are your thoughts?

I had the opportunity to see him play (very closely) in the first round of the playoffs this year against Memphis East. Brian Kimbrow and Will Redmond played for Memphis East. Jalen was easily one of the 2 best athletes on the field that night (him and Redmond, Kimbrow was out with ankle injury). IMO, will not be a QB in SEC. Has strong arm but hard to tell how well he would do in SEC. Clarksville NE uses an option running attack and throws the ball sparingly. He has great vision, strong downhill running ability. Was very instinctive on the defensive side. Physical at the point of attack and covered slot receivers well from his OLB position. He never came off the field that game as I recall.

I would like to see him again next fall to evaluate how he does after an additional off season.

I would / will gladly offer any information (my opinions) regarding potential players in the middle TN area that I see play in person. I do get a great spot to see how these kids perform week in and week out.

I had the opportunity to see him play (very closely) in the first round of the playoffs this year against Memphis East. Brian Kimbrow and Will Redmond played for Memphis East. Jalen was easily one of the 2 best athletes on the field that night (him and Redmond, Kimbrow was out with ankle injury). IMO, will not be a QB in SEC. Has strong arm but hard to tell how well he would do in SEC. Clarksville NE uses an option running attack and throws the ball sparingly. He has great vision, strong downhill running ability. Was very instinctive on the defensive side. Physical at the point of attack and covered slot receivers well from his OLB position. He never came off the field that game as I recall.

I would like to see him again next fall to evaluate how he does after an additional off season.

I would / will gladly offer any information (my opinions) regarding potential players in the middle TN area that I see play in person. I do get a great spot to see how these kids perform week in and week out.

Awesome! Any info is appreciated

"Coach (Derek) Dooley and Coach (Jay) Graham came to my school from Tennessee today," he said. "Coach (John) Donovan from Vanderbilt came by today as well. They both offered me through my coach.".

He is leaning towards staying instate, and this could very well end up a Vanderbilt and Tennessee battle for the Clarksville star.

"My family is Tennessee fans so I just grew up watching them," he said. "With Vanderbilt, I like what Coach Franklin is doing with that program right now, and a Vanderbilt education is top notch."

Reeves-Maybin already has an idea where he will fit in when he gets to college

"I am an all-around player being able to do so many different things," he said. "Honestly I could see myself playing any position much like I play now, but I'll probably end up as an outside linebacker."

- TNVarsity

Reactions: 1 person
Reeves-Maybin ran for 1,468 yards and 31 TDs and passed for 1,267 and 15 TDs from his starting QB spot last fall. As an OLB on defense, he accounted for 103 tackles, 1 sack, and 10 forced fumbles.

UT and Vandy have both recently offered and he is also hearing from Duke, VT, Miss. State, Texas A&M, and GT. Reeves-Maybin thinks Duke will offer very soon as well.

He has visited UT once before last November and came away very impressed of the facilities, fans, and traditions. He states that he has no idea what position he will be playing in college because every college currently recruiting him is recruiting him as an ATH. He will be visiting UT unofficially again soon in late January for either the UConn or Auburn basketball games.

The new, full article on Reeves-Maybin is up on VQ by Paul Fortenberry.

Some really good in-state prospects in the '13 class.

I agree. I can honestly say the 2013 TN HS class seems to have the most talent I can remember since following recruiting. By far. So many great athletes.

I hope UT recruits each and every one of them very hard. And if they are good enough to earn a spot at UT, then I want them on the team. I don't care if they are from Knoxville, TN or Atlanta, GA or Texas or Florida or wherever. I want the best athletes in the country on UT's team so UT can start winning again. If these athletes happen to be in-state then so be it.

End rant.

Reactions: 1 person
I went to the same school this guy plays at, I actually live like 2 minutes away. I never thought I would see his name on this board or on VQ. I have yet to see him play in person but plan on it next season. I've read about him in the news paper and have asked some guys who are on the team about him. They say he can't throw at all, so I don't see him being a QB at the next level unless he does go APSU. The last big football name that came from this school was Travis Stephens.

VN Store

Back