571 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '12 GA RB Justin Taylor Page 7. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Love this quote "Former South Carolina and NFL player Stanley Pritchett is Taylor's coach and guardian. Pritchett said Monday that ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2012, 03:18 PM   #91 (permalink)

Love this quote

"Former South Carolina and NFL player Stanley Pritchett is Taylor's coach and guardian. Pritchett said Monday that he has gotten calls from Purdue and Tennessee since Taylor got the news that he couldn't sign with Alabama in '12."
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... Mass Hysteria!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #92 (permalink)

bump
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #93 (permalink)
Grits,Eggs,HamEveryPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
Saban was called out for supposedly telling players after NSD. Now he tells them prior and still is called out. I love all the hate.

But inregards to the 25 rule Saban did not lie to the kid. He said that UA will sign 25 on NSD and and that he is looking to be #26 on the list. Basically telling Taylor you do not rank that high on our boards.

Also like you said he has 3 weeks to find a school. I know people will whine but if he is such a high profile recruit and the injury was not a concern why did schools stop recruiting him. Not because he commited to UA. Every week I see updates how schools, like UGA or LSU are still recruiting hard some of our current commits.
Did he tell him that when he committed? Big diff
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 12:05 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoVol View Post
according to what I read, Taylor was informed only last week
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Who cares. Every recruit knows that nothing is official until NSD when they sign. I guess you are saying it is wrong when a school backs off, or in this case is still recruiting even when they have 25+ commits because someone better is still out there and a current verbal may get left out. No different then when a player does the same thing when he is commited to a school. Example Santos if he takes visits. Yes he is commited to UT but he is looking because it is not official yet.

In regards to how Saban does his recruiting and who cares. The only ones that seem to be concerned with it are rival fans. Because every year we hear how recruits are going to start saying no to UA because of Saban and his recruiting trends but every year he continues to bring in top classes.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 03:15 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Who cares. Every recruit knows that nothing is official until NSD when they sign. I guess you are saying it is wrong when a school backs off, or in this case is still recruiting even when they have 25+ commits because someone better is still out there and a current verbal may get left out. No different then when a player does the same thing when he is commited to a school. Example Santos if he takes visits. Yes he is commited to UT but he is looking because it is not official yet.

In regards to how Saban does his recruiting and who cares. The only ones that seem to be concerned with it are rival fans. Because every year we hear how recruits are going to start saying no to UA because of Saban and his recruiting trends but every year he continues to bring in top classes.
Sounds like this should be posted on an Alabama message board.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:

The problem is Taylor has been 100% committed to Bama since last Summer. Nobody has a problem with greyshirts as long as you tell the kid up front when he decides to commit. Don't worry about rival fans, you need to worry about the HS coaches in GA that read the AJC. I don't know if you read the article but that was the talk in Atlanta on Monday.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #98 (permalink)

In one of the articles I read, Taylor said something like, he would be as committed to Bama as they have been to him.... ha ha
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:

Who cares what you think. You are just like most bama fans and couldn't careless about the kids. I have a few friends that pull for bama and all they had to say when Maze went down was shot him up and get him back out there. Whatever it takes to win right. It said Saban would have liked to tell him earlier but couldn't. I call BS on that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #100 (permalink)
Grits,Eggs,HamEveryPlay

Quote:

yes tw i am saying it is wrong when a school backs off two damned weeks b4 signing day.. hell if auburn pulled this crap you'd be all over their azz
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #101 (permalink)
Semi-friendly Bama Fan

Nick Saban hits town to recruit top juniors at Atlanta high schools — and a gym
Michael Carvell | AJC | January 18, 2012

Nick Saban... and a companion, Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart, did a whirlwind tour around the metro area to eyeball some of the state’s top prospects...

FOLLOW UP: We went by North Atlanta High School on Tuesday to follow up with our story on Justin Taylor. He’s the RB who committed to Alabama last February and was told last weekend by Saban that he can’t sign with the Crimson Tide until 2013. You can read more about it here and here. Saban told Taylor his enrollment was being delayed while he recovers from a knee injury while others speculate the real reason is because Alabama has too many commitments for this year’s class...

As usual, Taylor had on his favorite Alabama baseball cap. He remains committed to Alabama but is listening to other options. His football coach and legal guardian, former NFL running back Stanley Pritchett, said Ole Miss, Purdue and two prep schools — Fork Union and Hargrave – have expressed interest in Taylor.

On his current status: “I’m still committed to Alabama but I’m leaving my options open. Alabama is where I want to go. It’s my dream school. The only reason I’m looking at options is because I want to play football next year.”

On the report by an Alabama website that he de-committed from the Crimson Tide: “I saw that. That’s totally false. I never said that. I don’t know where that came from. It’s untrue. I’m still committed to Alabama.”

On recent communication with Alabama: “I talked to [assistant coach Chris Rumph] on Monday. It kind of hit him hard when he read everybody’s comments on the AJC below the story. I asked him questions like ‘Why didn’t he let me sign this year and then let me redshirt?’ Coach Rumph said ‘Because of the commitment list.’ I asked him some of the same things people were bringing up on the AJC. I asked him ‘Since I was the seventh commitment of this class, why can’t I be redshirted since I’ve been committed so long?’ [Rumph] didn’t have anything to say, to be honest. He was like ‘I don’t know but I will talk to the coaching staff.’ [Rumph] is supposed to come talk to me this week, probably Wednesday.”

On what it would take for him to switch to another school: “It would have to be an unbelievable situation. I would have to love the coaching staff just like I love Alabama’s coaching staff. I would have to like the school like I like Alabama. It’s not going to be easy for any school to compare. It’s not going to be easy.” » Article Link »
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 PM   #102 (permalink)
Grits,Eggs,HamEveryPlay

saban : who's the dumbest recruit we got that would fall for this sh#$? rumph: probably taylor
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB14GoVols View Post
Who cares what you think. You are just like most bama fans and couldn't careless about the kids. I have a few friends that pull for bama and all they had to say when Maze went down was shot him up and get him back out there. Whatever it takes to win right. It said Saban would have liked to tell him earlier but couldn't. I call BS on that.
Saban did not send Hostesses to a HS football game did he. Whatever it takes to win right.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #104 (permalink)
Grits,Eggs,HamEveryPlay

Quote:
Saban did not send Hostesses to a HS football game did he. Whatever it takes to win right.
weak.. now u want to go and deflect to another argument..? tells me you're not smart and that you're also a pu$$y
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
yes tw i am saying it is wrong when a school backs off two damned weeks b4 signing day.. hell if auburn pulled this crap you'd be all over their azz
Yes I am sure some UA fans would be but I would not. The fact is these kids play more coaches and the school than the other way around. How many kids decommited from UT or say they are looking around 2 weeks before signing day that are committed to UT.

If people are so concerned on here about these poor kids where are all the ones up in arms about lowering the requirments to qualify academically just to get in to play football. All that does is set them up for failure in the classroom. UT is at 61% for graduation. Are you screaming for the system to be fixed that is setup for the 39% to fail, because the school allows a player to come in, but yet a higher standard is required for non athletes to get in.

Do I think it is wrong, probably and yes Saban probably should have told him up front there was a chance. Maybe he should tell everyone that. Maybe the parents or his coach, which should have known better, should have told him Saban has a track record for grayshirting players coming off injury. Maybe he should start looking around right after the injury.
Reply With Quote TOP