who were wilcox and sirmon recruiting?

kermit.gif

Reactions: 2 people
We better make a homerun hire or we'll lose alot of recruits imo. This has been my biggest fear, losing these two.

Reactions: 3 people
Dooley will set the program back further than Big Phill did! Watch and see, I hope all you Dooley lovers hang around for the ride!

This sucks. So we replace them, then if Dooley gets fired we have a DC just signed a contract we have to fire as well if the new coach doesn't like/want him? Doesnt bode well...

I have long been a fan of Dooley, but when your DC and your LB Coach leave for a lateral move to the Washington Huskies, there are issues.

MAJOR ISSUES

The sky is certainly falling, and Dooley is about to have to make the most important decision of his life.

Anything but the right hire at DC/LB Coach will likely equal the end of him as Head Coach and set this program back another year or two.

Reactions: 1 person
Dooley hasn't won crap yet strutts around like he's Saban , He is gona take UT to the Bottom, bye bye recruits

bring on Mike Stoops or randy shannon(DC and LB coach)

Last edited:
I have long been a fan of Dooley, but when your DC and your LB Coach leave for a lateral move to the Washington Huskies, there are issues.

MAJOR ISSUES

The sky is certainly falling, and Dooley is about to have to make the most important decision of his life.

Anything but the right hire at DC/LB Coach will likely equal the end of him as Head Coach and set this program back another year or two.

Sirmon is a native of Washington State and Wilcox is a west coast guy. They get back closer to home.

Reactions: 2 people
Boys this is gonna hurt. I sure hope that Dooley has known this was a possibility and has been looking for replacements and has a homerun hire lined up. I honestly think we can hold off for a good LB coach but it will be crutial to get a quick GREAT hire for DC. You can not and will not replace Sirmon because it is imposible to replace the relationships he has built with his recruits. I just hope he was selling UT and not himself as a coach.

Reactions: 1 person

MAJOR ISSUES

Inaccurate. Its a coaching job close to family. When oregon comes offering he'll leave washington as well. If it were Texas offering again today, he turns them down again. Ive said all along Wilcox would leave for the right situation. Was hoping we could get 1 more year out of the two.

so, its not coaches jumping from a sinking ship. Anyone that didnt see this coming are just blind, was only a matter of time.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back