3017 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on AJC article on Dooley recruiting. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Tennessee’s Derek Dooley parts ways with another Georgia football recruit | AJC College Sports Recruiting ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Spike Drinks, Not Trees

AJC article on Dooley recruiting

Tennessee’s Derek Dooley parts ways with another Georgia football recruit | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wolf of Beale Street

Kudos Dooley. I'm glad you're such an outstanding coach to make up for your PR downfalls.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
I know what dude I am

192 lbs for an LB. That's a bit low.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Signs that Dooley is on the hot seat - programs put conditions on releasing players all the time, but Yahoo has a front page story when Dooley does it. Programs ask recruits to decommit all the time, but AJC has an article when Dooley does it.

Whether you think Dooley is going to have success at UT or not, it seems like the media views him as an easy target to pick on because his record suggests he's not ready for the job. He needs to win big in 2012 to change perceptions (and keep his job).
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

It kills me that Dooley gets this kind of attention when being honest to a recruit, meanwhile guys like Saban and Meyer flat out lie to recruits and cut them from the roster after a year and nothing is reported.

WTH. Dooley is being honest.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Technical Difficulties

He better land some big commits between now and SD. If not, he is going to look like a fool for releasing guys and then not catching bigger fish. Of course some of us already think he is a fool.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Spike Drinks, Not Trees

As I read through the article it gaveme some hope that there really are big fish prospects on the hook at RB and LB.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
#ButchSlappin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjoey View Post
Signs that Dooley is on the hot seat - programs put conditions on releasing players all the time, but Yahoo has a front page story when Dooley does it. Programs ask recruits to decommit all the time, but AJC has an article when Dooley does it.

Whether you think Dooley is going to have success at UT or not, it seems like the media views him as an easy target to pick on because his record suggests he's not ready for the job. He needs to win big in 2012 to change perceptions (and keep his job).
Outstanding post. Hit the nail on the head.

Full disclosure: I want Tennessee to win big in 2012.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
5 star member

I just don't understand this crap. It goes on everywhere. Why is it making newspapers just because Tennessee is doing it too? There are some people with some deep rooted hate for Tennessee. They want to keep Tennessee as far down as they can apparently.

Really doesn't have anything to do with Dooley, this shouldn't be making it into the news.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

The AJC does a decent job of reporting recruiting info fairly. They had a positive story on the Cross and UT split.

The AJC will go after anybody, they are not loyal to anybody. That is the reason why all fanbases hate them.

They went after the Cos pretty tough last year after the Chickens pulled a kid's offer days before NSD.

Something else that needs to be said, the HS coaches in the Atlanta area are starting to protect their players more. Stories like these send the wrong message.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

I really believe that we have taken commits since DD has been here that are not SEC quality. I think he realizes this now and is trying to get that better player. I am not saying that the two Ga commits who he asked to look around were not SEC quality.

DD has to bring in recruits that can compete with other SEC caliber players. We dont have alot of them right now and I think he is tryin to change that. He is really getting some bad PR with these situations including Arnett.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Words to Live By

The Dooley name sells papers here in GA. No more, no less.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyjoey View Post

i would love to see him do it . It would be great to see us win the east, at least. It would for sure help get the media off his back-not to mention crappy fans. i think he's done great in recruiting this year; considering no bowl game, losing record and him being on the hot seat. All this will really pay off for 2012, 2013 seasons. can't wait!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
5 star member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA insider View Post
The AJC does a decent job of reporting recruiting info fairly. They had a positive story on the Cross and UT split.

The AJC will go after anybody, they are not loyal to anybody. That is the reason why all fanbases hate them.

They went after the Cos pretty tough last year after the Chickens pulled a kid's offer days before NSD.

Something else that needs to be said, the HS coaches in the Atlanta area are starting to protect their players more. Stories like these send the wrong message.
Any program with any kind of success does this. I know Bama does it, UGA does it, LSU does it. Just about everyone of them do. They're picking on UT in particular here and they suck for doing it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #15 (permalink)

I would say this is an attempt by the Georgia people to protect their in-state recruits. Maybe there are some hard feelings towards his father at the AJC. This is a way to get back at him.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP