AJC article on Dooley recruiting

Kudos Dooley. I'm glad you're such an outstanding coach to make up for your PR downfalls.

Signs that Dooley is on the hot seat - programs put conditions on releasing players all the time, but Yahoo has a front page story when Dooley does it. Programs ask recruits to decommit all the time, but AJC has an article when Dooley does it.

Whether you think Dooley is going to have success at UT or not, it seems like the media views him as an easy target to pick on because his record suggests he's not ready for the job. He needs to win big in 2012 to change perceptions (and keep his job).

Reactions: 1 person
It kills me that Dooley gets this kind of attention when being honest to a recruit, meanwhile guys like Saban and Meyer flat out lie to recruits and cut them from the roster after a year and nothing is reported.

WTH. Dooley is being honest.

He better land some big commits between now and SD. If not, he is going to look like a fool for releasing guys and then not catching bigger fish. Of course some of us already think he is a fool.

As I read through the article it gaveme some hope that there really are big fish prospects on the hook at RB and LB.

Signs that Dooley is on the hot seat - programs put conditions on releasing players all the time, but Yahoo has a front page story when Dooley does it. Programs ask recruits to decommit all the time, but AJC has an article when Dooley does it.

Whether you think Dooley is going to have success at UT or not, it seems like the media views him as an easy target to pick on because his record suggests he's not ready for the job. He needs to win big in 2012 to change perceptions (and keep his job).

Outstanding post. Hit the nail on the head.

Full disclosure: I want Tennessee to win big in 2012.

I just don't understand this crap. It goes on everywhere. Why is it making newspapers just because Tennessee is doing it too? There are some people with some deep rooted hate for Tennessee. They want to keep Tennessee as far down as they can apparently.

Really doesn't have anything to do with Dooley, this shouldn't be making it into the news.

The AJC does a decent job of reporting recruiting info fairly. They had a positive story on the Cross and UT split.

The AJC will go after anybody, they are not loyal to anybody. That is the reason why all fanbases hate them.

They went after the Co¢s pretty tough last year after the Chickens pulled a kid's offer days before NSD.

Something else that needs to be said, the HS coaches in the Atlanta area are starting to protect their players more. Stories like these send the wrong message.

I really believe that we have taken commits since DD has been here that are not SEC quality. I think he realizes this now and is trying to get that better player. I am not saying that the two Ga commits who he asked to look around were not SEC quality.

DD has to bring in recruits that can compete with other SEC caliber players. We dont have alot of them right now and I think he is tryin to change that. He is really getting some bad PR with these situations including Arnett.

i would love to see him do it . It would be great to see us win the east, at least. It would for sure help get the media off his back-not to mention crappy fans. i think he's done great in recruiting this year; considering no bowl game, losing record and him being on the hot seat. All this will really pay off for 2012, 2013 seasons. can't wait!

The AJC does a decent job of reporting recruiting info fairly. They had a positive story on the Cross and UT split.

The AJC will go after anybody, they are not loyal to anybody. That is the reason why all fanbases hate them.

They went after the Co¢s pretty tough last year after the Chickens pulled a kid's offer days before NSD.

Something else that needs to be said, the HS coaches in the Atlanta area are starting to protect their players more. Stories like these send the wrong message.
Any program with any kind of success does this. I know Bama does it, UGA does it, LSU does it. Just about everyone of them do. They're picking on UT in particular here and they suck for doing it.

I would say this is an attempt by the Georgia people to protect their in-state recruits. Maybe there are some hard feelings towards his father at the AJC. This is a way to get back at him.

Reactions: 2 people
CDD is really hurting himself in GA with recruits you keep guys who have be loyal to their commitment to your school. I hope he got something in his back pocket he may know some players who are going to commit at the Army All American game. If he doesn't get anyone big he looks stupid and proves all of the Dooley hater right. To you all who are comparing what he is doing to Sabin, Miles, and Spurrier etc. these guys track records have afforded them the opportunity to be butt holes when you are a new coach with a losing record you have to be on top of everything.

While dooleys honesty with the kid should be noted its still a pretty crappy thing to do to wait until a month before signing day to tell this kid thanks but no thanks sorry for leading you on

Last edited:
Any program with any kind of success does this. I know Bama does it, UGA does it, LSU does it. Just about everyone of them do. They're picking on UT in particular here and they suck for doing it.

We've pulled offers from kids who have trouble off the field. CMR and staff will not pull a Scholly because they find better players.

We've pulled offers from kids who have trouble off the field. CMR and staff will not pull a Scholly because they find better players.

I bet that detention in homeroom for talking too much defines as trouble off the field for that player that didn't develop his sr years of hs!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dooley is a disaster as a coach and a pr man's nightmare. Surely he can't be that clueless?? Has the ground hog even showed his face in the last two months? Come out and defend yourself Coach Dooley, most of us would love to hear what you have to say. Have you barricaded yourself in your big bad office???

I bet that detention in homeroom for talking too much defines as trouble off the field for that player that didn't develop his sr years of hs!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Have you seen the list. There was a guy who got into a fight with a teacher. There was another guy that was arrested for stealing from our players.

Dooley is a disaster as a coach and a pr man's nightmare. Surely he can't be that clueless?? Has the ground hog even showed his face in the last two months? Come out and defend yourself Coach Dooley, most of us would love to hear what you have to say. Have you barricaded yourself in your big bad office???

Yup once again its not that Dooley did it, its how he did it

VN Store

Back