'14 TN QB Devin Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midfielder10

Loves Hot Sauce
One if the nations top quarterbacks in the 2014 class grew up idolizing the vols and peyton.
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- There's a good chance you've never heard of Devin Smith.

There's a good chance college coaches have.

"He's 15. He's already 6'3". He put on 15 pounds in nine months," Dunstan Kendrick said Wednesday afternoon about the quarterback he trains.

"When a coach sees you at 6'3", and you're 15 years old, automatically their eyes are on you."

Lately, a lot of eyes have been on the sophomore-to-be at Grace Christian Academy.

Earlier this year at a National Underclassmen Combine in Nashville, he won MVP honors at the quarterback position.

After that performance, he was invited to the Ultimate 100 Combine in Atlanta, where Smith again was named MVP.

"That woke me up about what I could do when I get older," Smith said after a workout at the Johnny Long Training Academy.

"(After the successful combines) That's when it really set in that I have the potential to do stuff. I've worked hard for this. I want to do this for a while."

Smith's talents will once again be on display in late July at the National Underclassmen Elite 15 combine in Oklahoma. Smith will share the same field with 14 other high school quarterbacks that are considered to be the best of the best.

"His feet are exceptional. Everyone talks about his drops, his three-step drop, his five-step drop, but while other kids are going thru the motions, Devin already has the ball out of his hands," Kendrick said.

Kendrick believes that Smith has all the tools to be a Division I quarterback, saying "the sky's the limit" for his pupil.

Only a sophomore, Smith won't feel the frenzy that his high school recruiting until the upcoming season is over. Smith says the idea of being recruited is "exciting," but he also knows that it could be a very hectic time.

"I heard that it can be an overwhelming process and sometimes complicated. My goal is to get a letter my first day of junior year."

Probably can't get him...can't even get the #1 player in the state(Kimbrow) and lose him to......Vandy. As in bigVOLdaddy's words, "ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME??!" Lol
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Probably can't get him...can't even get the #1 player in the state(Kimbrow) and lose him to......Vandy. As in bigVOLdaddy's words, "ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME??!" Lol

We weren't taking Kimbrow if he did want to committ today and I'm sure he knew that.

We weren't taking Kimbrow if he did want to committ today and I'm sure he knew that.

I know but I'm just saying. Franklin can recruit so something's gotta be stepped up cause he ain't playing around.

Quarterback
Knoxville, Tn.
Grace Christian Academy
HT: 6'3
W: 175
Class: 2014

He has no recruiting profiles ATP, grew up a HUGE Tennessee fan & idolizes Peyton Manning.

Sophomore Stats: 62/114 1,335 Yards 18 TD's 3 INT's

1st Team All District, NUC Nashville Combine QB MVP, NUC Atlanta Ultimate 100 QB MVP, NUC Elite 15 Norman, Oklahoma,

Freshmen Film

He plays at a school in the second smallest division of east TN. That should realistically tell you about his chances at the D1 level, especially the SEC level

Reactions: 3 people
He plays at a school in the second smallest division of east TN. That should realistically tell you about his chances at the D1 level, especially the SEC level

That means nothing, FWIW. I could name hundreds of kids that played in small weak divisions that went on to play in the SEC.

Amazing video for a freshman........I don't care what class of football, elite arm for that age!

Last edited:

You must not know much about this kid.His team beat CAK this year.

I wonder who his favorite target is??? Any chance it could be #4? He only caught probably 3/4 of Smith's passes...and some of those were some pretty impressive catches in traffic.

We just offered someone from Humbolt, TN earlier today. Location is only one of many factors.

I wonder who his favorite target is??? Any chance it could be #4? He only caught probably 3/4 of Smith's passes...and some of those were some pretty impressive catches in traffic.

No joke. Seemed like it was #4's highlight video.

dude hes young, let him develop and see what he does his junior year before saying something like this

That means nothing, FWIW. I could name hundreds of kids that played in small weak divisions that went on to play in the SEC.

This is true; however, the majority of SEC level talent comes from larger schools because the level of competition is much better.

I know what you mean. Reggie Cobb, James Stewart, Reggie McKenzie, Raleigh McKenzie, Mike Cofer, Joe Cofer, Joey Fishback, Leroy Thompson, do I really need to keep going?

If those names don't ring a bell try using Google and you'll understand......:hi:

blah blah blah so tired of hearing this crap. I swear if Peyton Manning played for Anderson County some people on here would say he isn't good enough. Please for G-D's sake judge a kid on his own merits and not solely on the competition he plays agaist. We have had tons of great players here that have played agaist weak competition in high school.

I think his folks and #4s folks went in 50/50 on this video. :p

Looks like he has some potential. Surly the coaches are keeping an eye on his development and going from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back