2451 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 13' GA S Vonn Bell (Ohio State signee) Page 378. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Originally Posted by kevol80 LMAO ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #5656 (permalink)
The TakeOver
 
I4Jay's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Orlando/Tampa
Posts: 9,385
Likes: 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevol80 View Post
LMAO
I4Jay is offline  
VN Likes: 7
TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #5657 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
Posts: 481
Likes: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by head1 View Post
I get so tired of seeing this. If these kids are as good as advertised then they will push for playing time no matter where they go.
With all due respect, people say that about our team because its the God's honest truth when we are in recruiting battles with the likes of Bama and Ohio State. You have to look at the facts. We have been terrible because of 1) lack of talent, 2) lack of depth, 3) lack of experience, and 4) lack of stability/poor coaching. When those factors combine, a true impact player like bell, green, or Lawson stand a much better chance of walking in and getting playing time than at one school that won it 3rd NC in 4 years and the other one that was the only undefeated team in the country this year.

Remember Landon Collins, the No. 1 safety in the 2012 class who signed with Bama. He had zero tackles, zero assists, zero pass breakups, and zero interceptions. The reason: he didn't get to play. And he is only projected as a backup next year. As of right now, in the two deep, out of the four spots in the defensive backfield only 3 will be seniors for Bama next year. How is Bell gonna see the field there?

Looking at Ohio State, they have two juniors at CB, and two early enrollees backing them up. At safety, both starters return with a five-star senior and another EE in the two deep. When and where is bell gonna see the field there?

If you really scrutinize our roster at S and CB, you cannot argue that an impact player like Bell has more of a chance to make an impact his freshman year at Tennessee than either of the other schools. Bama has four and five stars starting at almost every position and in the two deep. Ohio State is not far behind. We don't have those types of players and are that far behind in comparison to those two schools.

So that is why people say that and this is why it is a legitimate comment.

Flame away.

Last edited by TN_Vol_Fo_Life; 01-18-2013 at 11:32 PM..
TN_Vol_Fo_Life is offline  
VN Likes: 2
TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #5658 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
butchna's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Little Elm, TX
Posts: 11,177
Likes: 7,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Vol_Fo_Life View Post
With all due respect, people say that about our team because its the God's honest truth when we are in recruiting battles with the likes of Bama and Ohio State. You have to look at the facts. We have been terrible because of 1) lack of talent, 2) lack of depth, 3) lack of experience, and 4) lack of stability/poor coaching. When those factors combine, a true impact player like bell, green, or Lawson stand a much better chance of walking in and getting playing time than at one school that won it 3rd NC in 4 years and the other one that was the only undefeated team in the country this year.

Remember Landon Collins, the No. 1 safety in the 2012 class who signed with Bama. He had zero tackles, zero assists, zero pass breakups, and zero interceptions. The reason: he didn't get to play. And he is only projected as a backup next year. As of right now, in the two deep, out of the four spots in the defensive backfield only 3 will be seniors for Bama next year. How is Bell gonna see the field there?

Looking at Ohio State, they have two juniors at CB, and two early enrollees backing them up. At safety, both starters return with a five-star senior and another EE in the two deep. When and where is bell gonna see the field there?

If you really scrutinize our roster at S and CB, you cannot argue that an impact player like Bell has more of a chance to make an impact his freshman year at Tennessee than either of the other schools. Bama has four and five stars starting at almost every position and in the two deep. Ohio State is not far behind. We don't have those types of players and are that far behind in comparison to those two schools.

So that is why people say that and this is why it is a legitimate comment.

Flame away.
Concise and detailed analysis...print it up and send it out
Posted via VolNation Mobile
butchna is online now  
TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #5659 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
butchna's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Little Elm, TX
Posts: 11,177
Likes: 7,928
I made a similar comment about Dalton Santos in the Carr thread...I thought about Collins because of his ballyhooed recruitment and the mama drama...hadn't looked up his stats (or lack of)...your point is more valid...Santos was at least a special teams star for the Longhorns and registered some snaps on D for HIS childhood team
Posted via VolNation Mobile
butchna is online now  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:03 AM   #5660 (permalink)
we'll get em next year
 
bornbleddinorange's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Columbia, TN
Posts: 2,966
Likes: 832
So bell is a bama lock
bornbleddinorange is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #5661 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN_Vol_Fo_Life View Post
With all due respect, people say that about our team because its the God's honest truth when we are in recruiting battles with the likes of Bama and Ohio State. You have to look at the facts. We have been terrible because of 1) lack of talent, 2) lack of depth, 3) lack of experience, and 4) lack of stability/poor coaching. When those factors combine, a true impact player like bell, green, or Lawson stand a much better chance of walking in and getting playing time than at one school that won it 3rd NC in 4 years and the other one that was the only undefeated team in the country this year.

Remember Landon Collins, the No. 1 safety in the 2012 class who signed with Bama. He had zero tackles, zero assists, zero pass breakups, and zero interceptions. The reason: he didn't get to play. And he is only projected as a backup next year. As of right now, in the two deep, out of the four spots in the defensive backfield only 3 will be seniors for Bama next year. How is Bell gonna see the field there?

Looking at Ohio State, they have two juniors at CB, and two early enrollees backing them up. At safety, both starters return with a five-star senior and another EE in the two deep. When and where is bell gonna see the field there?

If you really scrutinize our roster at S and CB, you cannot argue that an impact player like Bell has more of a chance to make an impact his freshman year at Tennessee than either of the other schools. Bama has four and five stars starting at almost every position and in the two deep. Ohio State is not far behind. We don't have those types of players and are that far behind in comparison to those two schools.

So that is why people say that and this is why it is a legitimate comment.

Flame away.
Actually Collins had 17 tackles, 1 punt return, and a blocked kick as a true freshman who played in all 14 games. You might want to research a little better there.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf

In regards to playing next year Collins is projected to be a starter next to Ha-Ha. Who happened to be the #1 S in the country the year prior. R Lester who is getting ready to get drafted leaves the spot open for him.

Also the point needs to be address is that Bell is not getting recruited just as S but but as a CB as well. Meaning he brings more options than any other DB on the team. I will bet he will see the field as a true freshman next year. See your arguement about depth has no value because we always have seniors or others that fans like to project ahead of incoming freshman. The problem with that arguement is that Collins, G Smith, Ha-Ha, Dre, Dee, and other DBs come in as true freshman and see the field every year.
__________________
"Charlie Don't Surf"
TideWarrior is offline  
VN Likes: 2
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #5662 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Vols4us's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Here
Posts: 6,824
Likes: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
Actually Collins had 17 tackles, 1 punt return, and a blocked kick as a true freshman who played in all 14 games. You might want to research a little better there.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ason_stats.pdf

In regards to playing next year Collins is projected to be a starter next to Ha-Ha. Who happened to be the #1 S in the country the year prior. R Lester who is getting ready to get drafted leaves the spot open for him.

Also the point needs to be address is that Bell is not getting recruited just as S but but as a CB as well. Meaning he brings more options than any other DB on the team. I will bet he will see the field as a true freshman next year. See your arguement about depth has no value because we always have seniors or others that fans like to project ahead of incoming freshman. The problem with that arguement is that Collins, G Smith, Ha-Ha, Dre, Dee, and other DBs come in as true freshman and see the field every year.
Lose the "e" in argument. Other than that I appreciate the validity of your post and agree with it. The only reasons Bell would want to come to UT is to satisfy his long held desire to be a Vol as well as the ability to start as a true freshman, as compared to just seeing the field. In the end that will drive the decision IMO.

If going to a more successful program that has proven coaching is more important he will go somewhere else like UA or OSU. If he wants to help rebuild UT more and trusts their D-coaches to develop him for the next level he will be a Vol. None of us know the final answer until he signs the line in February.
Vols4us is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #5663 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: hohenwald tn
Posts: 202
Likes: 73
that coat and tie that saban wears is god awfull.
lewis co vol is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 AM   #5664 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TideWarrior's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 5,583
Likes: 988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols4us View Post
Lose the "e" in argument. Other than that I appreciate the validity of your post and agree with it. The only reasons Bell would want to come to UT is to satisfy his long held desire to be a Vol as well as the ability to start as a true freshman, as compared to just seeing the field. In the end that will drive the decision IMO.

If going to a more successful program that has proven coaching is more important he will go somewhere else like UA or OSU. If he wants to help rebuild UT more and trusts their D-coaches to develop him for the next level he will be a Vol. None of us know the final answer until he signs the line in February.
It will all come down to CBJ and if he can convince Vonn that him and his staff can bring UT back to the top. Playing time will happen wherever he goes, but can he accomplish his goals at a school. If Jones can convince him of that UT may end up with him. JMO
__________________
"Charlie Don't Surf"
TideWarrior is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #5665 (permalink)
I get my corn from a jar
 
Tennessee Golfer's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berry Bubble
Posts: 2,677
Likes: 2,220
Bell will be a Vol
Tennessee Golfer is online now  
VN Likes: 4
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 PM   #5666 (permalink)
5.7 3* poster
 
volssam's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mt. Juliet, TN
Posts: 5,867
Likes: 6,574
Vol. #7. Safety. Boom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3a84151f36fe123f33be36e3f0058aa1225f3527_display_image.jpg (27.9 KB, 714 views)
__________________
"We deal in lead."
"When the shooting starts, we kill what moves."
--Roland Deschain of Gliead
volssam is offline  
VN Likes: 4
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #5667 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
VolMike16's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Smyrna,TN
Posts: 410
Likes: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by volssam View Post
Vol. #7. Safety. Boom.
oh man Deon!
VolMike16 is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #5668 (permalink)
Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: chattavegas
Posts: 73
Likes: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by theutvolunteers View Post
What a tiny little man.
In that get up Saban looks like a used car salesman or a funeral parlor director
ptgrbn is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #5669 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 426
Likes: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by volssam View Post
Vol. #7. Safety. Boom.
That one went back for 6. First play from scrimmage for Auburn. Neyland under the lights in the 90's...WOW.
MarathonVol is offline  
TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #5670 (permalink)
#RISE TO THE TOP
 
densojb3's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Maryville,TN
Posts: 155
Likes: 65
They are playing the Gators in that picture though.
densojb3 is offline  
TOP
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27