We're Actively Pursuing Another RB

Kingston Vol

Per Paul Fortenberry. He says we're searching hard in Georgia and Texas. They haven't heard a specific name, though.

Thought this was interesting, because it looks like we're set on taking another RB. So, there's another spot that will be taken.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Pender is one of them, although he's a long shot. Tim Wright out of Texas is another name they're checking on. There are a few in Georgia we're checking on.

- Fortenberry

It looks like Lane will be our feature back next season, so I could see why Dooley is still looking around. A great back could come in and start day 1.

Chris Nee posted on VQ that Pender is coming in for an OV this weekend with his teammate Jordan Diggs. Huge.

Reactions: 11 people
Just spoke with Cape Coral (Fla.) Island Coast defensive back Jordan Diggs who is officially visiting Knoxville this weekend. Diggs told me that his teammate, four-star running back Mario Pender, a Florida State commitment, will also be taking an official visit to Knoxville this weekend. Pender has previously taken an official visit to West Virginia. He contends his commitment to Florida State remains firm.

from tos Chris Nee

I really like getting Pender on campus.

Reactions: 9 people
I think Neal and Lane will turn out to be just fine in the future for us. I hope whoever we pick up this year regardless of how many stars the recruiting services give them is huge and quick. I want a power back. Jamal Lewis style. Someone who will run up to the line and start punching dlinemen and lbs in the face :p

Reactions: 4 people
Oh, and those interested in learning more about Tim Wright, see quote from Rivals below.

The 5-foot-10, 185-pound back had a huge performance in last season's state championship game and he seemed to pick up where he left off this weekend. Wright finished with 124 yards rushing on only eight carries, including a 29-yard touchdown, in a narrow 22-21 loss to Rosenberg (Texas) Terry. Though he is not a big back he still is very effective between the tackles. He is a one-cut runner who turns it upfield quickly and is not afraid to lower his should to gain an extra couple of yards. He also showed speed in outrunning several defenders on two big gains. Wright catches the ball well out of the backfield too. He could work on his blocking as he had trouble slowing down the pass rush but, other than that, he is a very solid all-around back. Though likely headed the junior college route, the three-star prospect will be a big pickup for a school in two years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoAPp0st4Fc[/youtube][/QUOTE]

This kid can run the ball and is used to getting zero blocking from his o line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Torry Clayton is the best back none outside of Fla have heard of...also Dami Ayoola. IN Ga Tony Clark(Coffee County).

im not gonna lie diggs might be the one to get both would be good but rather have the hard hitting safety either him or collins i thank imani and lane can get the job done behind the experienced offensive line next year

and i want a big back for the team a guy thats gonna lower is head and hit the hole hard not dance around . a straight forward guy not side to side!!!!!

The kids got some moves but man he carries the ball awfully loose. I think one thing you have to look at is the level of competition too...he looks like he's on another level than everybody else on the field, don't know if that's an indictment on him or the other guys.

The kids got some moves but man he carries the ball awfully loose. I think one thing you have to look at is the level of competition too...he looks like he's on another level than everybody else on the field, don't know if that's an indictment on him or the other guys.

Which one?

VN Store

Back