'13 GA CB Shaq Wiggins (Transferring to UT)

mooreaj21

Cornerback
Tyrone, Ga.
Sandy Creek
HT: 5'10
WT: 151
40: 4.78
Shuttle: 4.25
Vert: 31"
Class: 2013

Tennessee has offered. He played at Westlake High last year (Same HS as Cam Newton & Pacman Jones)

Rivals
Scout
Soph. Film

Best pure DB in the state coverage wise. I have alot of film on Shaq him and Brandon Facyson are my top two DBs in GA for 2013
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Obviously, you guys know him, but a 4.78 40 sounds pretty high for a DB. Normally you want 4.4 to 4.5 for the DB's. Not saying he's isn't a really good player, because I don't know his on the field presence. Just making a comment.

Ya, with that size and 40 time, I'd be a little worried about him.

According to scout he has attended both Michigan and Ohio State camps and received offers. That plus OV's comments lead me to believe his size and speed shouldn't be much of a concern. He's a '13 kid too so those numbers Rivals has listed were probably when he was a Sophomore.

I love it when people look at the info posted on Rivals or Scout and take it for gospel then try and use it to break a kid down.

You have two big time schools offering him on the spot, Venom who has seen him up close and typically is spot on with his info saying this kid is the best in the state. Why the need to say hes got speed issues or size issues?

Oh and for the record, Michigan is his leader by a large margin right now. He was one of the kids wooed by the ND game.

Just talked to Shaq he's visiting in Oct 8 th and yes he received offers from Michigan and Ohio St after performing in front of there staff during there summer camp. He attended a college summer camp tour called the Raw Talent Tour they take a bus to different college camps. Don't let those numbers fool you like I said he's the best cover corner in the state his technique is polished and his work ethic is ridiculous. At every camp I've seen him attend he's the kid pushing people outta the way to get more reps. Seen him go against JaQuay Williams, CJ Curry,Jason Croom and more of the top WRs in GA and lock it down. His DB skills are far superior to Geno Smith and this is just my opinions thru evaluation.

Reactions: 2 people
Just talked to Shaq he's visiting in Oct 8 th and yes he received offers from Michigan and Ohio St after performing in front of there staff during there summer camp. He attended a college summer camp tour called the Raw Talent Tour they take a bus to different college camps. Don't let those numbers fool you like I said he's the best cover corner in the state his technique is polished and his work ethic is ridiculous. At every camp I've seen him attend he's the kid pushing people outta the way to get more reps. Seen him go against JaQuay Williams, CJ Curry,Jason Croom and more of the top WRs in GA and lock it down. His DB skills are far superior to Geno Smith and this is just my opinions thru evaluation.

Wow very nice. What does he think of UT?

Thanks OV.

Keith Niebuhr just posted the same:

Sandy Creek (ga) 2013 CB Shaq Wiggins will visit the #Tennessee #Vols on Oct. 8

2013 Sandy Creek (ga) DB Shaq Wiggins was offered by #Vols last night, says #Gators are close but adds that #Michigan is his leader

Last edited:
"I am hearing from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Louisville, Tennessee, Indiana, Wisconsin, LSU, Clemsonand Duke."

"It doesn't matter that much whether I stay close to home or not, but I do have an issue with cold weather. I'd like to go somewhere where it doesn't stay cold that long."

"My favorite conference is the SEC, because they are like another NFL. My second best conference is the ACC. My favorites are Florida State, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida."

There are several factors that will influence his decision.

My DB coach being straight forward with me will be very important, also the education, and the atmosphere."
- Scout

Shaq is another one of my babies. He enjoyed Neyland atmosphere... he'll be coming back to UT soon for a more formal visit, other than just attending a game.

Good kid.

Shaq is another one of my babies. He enjoyed Neyland atmosphere... he'll be coming back to UT soon for a more formal visit, other than just attending a game.

Good kid.

Thank you MZTERRY. Good kids is what we want,,,and Mom's like you to keep 'em in line along the way!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Two deciding factors where Shaq attends college are early playing time and what the school has to offer educational wise.

Thanks for the info OV and Team Mom. I hope this guy gets a good feeling for the Orange. Accolades like you and Team Mom are giving are worth it.

GO VOLS!!!

ORange Venom, what are our chances here. I know you have seen him play and talk him up. Also, MZTERRY has said good things to say as well. Is he physical on the line and how well does he get off blocks? Hope to hear some info soon.

GO VOLS!!!

Wiggins was at the Vandy game & said he loved the visit, he still claims Michigan as his leader but Tennessee made a great impression on him. He said he likes the fact that Tennessee is close to home, it's in the south & hot, his parents could come watch him, & we have early PT available. Him & his parents are suppose to come back in the Spring & get the full tour. - per govols247 article.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back