Soon.
Defensive tackle
Gaffney, South Carolina
Gaffney
Ht:6'3"
Wt:265 lbs
Class:2013 (High School)

Jaylen Miller - Yahoo! Sports

"FSU not too long ago, LSU, Tennessee, Florida, the Gamecocks, and Clemson have all sent me stuff," Miller to GamecockCentral.com. "Penn State has too. Those are the main ones I hear from the most."

"My strength, if I had to name one, would be my will power. I love the game of football and playing defensive end. It's a fun position. I like to speed rush and the best feeling is whooping the offensive tackle that's right in front of you and tackling the quarterback."

"I don't have a leader. Clemson is the only school that's shown me all around so far. I haven't seen enough schools yet. When I was younger my favorite team was Miami but I haven't heard from them at all."

- Rivals

"When I was younger my favorite team was Miami but I haven't heard from them at all."

They're a little busy right now.

Not seen much on this guy but he will be visiiting the Vols at some point.

From April 14th Scout article:

Gaffney High (Gaffney, S.C) defensive lineman Jaylen Miller (6’2/258) has added offers from Florida and Wake Forest.
The next few months will be a busy time for Miller, as he plans to visit Duke, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, and Wake Forest.
He also has offers from Duke, North Carolina, Alabama State, and Furman.

JMoore on top of things! Thanks for all of the info! Me, I'm just a knuckleheaded poster, but you bring real info to the board. Thank ye kindly!

Reactions: 1 person
Surprised neither SC or Clemson have offered. Guess he's one of those guys that the coaches want to see in camp over the summer.

LSU just offered.
"I want to say Tennessee has offered but I'm not sure about that," Miller said.
On June 12 goes to Tennessee and on the 16th to Georgia.
He plans to visit Florida and LSU.
Miller does not have any favorites.

Miller said he liked his visit here and he did camp today weighing in at 260. He doesn't have an offer but is very interested in the vols. He felt like he had a good day.

-Hubbs

Jalen Miller has not yet picked up a scholarship offer from Tennessee but expects to hear back from the coaching staff again soon. He is "very interested" in the Vols and looks to be either a DE or OLB.
Scout

We might need to taper our expectations on our dline recruits this year outside of Lawson who I think we have a decent shot at.

Sounds like we are passing out offers and seeing what sticks. I like this strategy at this point in time.

So are we getting this guy as a DT?

If we do keep the two DEs we have now and possibly get another, I see Miller being the first to flip to DT if he already isn't there.

He was one of the lead blockers in Gaffney's "heavy" package this year. Seems to move pretty well and also was supposedly one of the smarter kids on the team.

VN Store

Back