Berry Twins (merged)

Hanging out at Auburn with Hosley and Trooper. Mane, this is terrible news.

How many kids or up coming players that are pegged the next great one ever pan out?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I guarantee our coaches have in contact with them. Not the end of the world if we don't land them, but I would say our chances are very good!!

Are they committed to TN still?

Only one of them "committed" and he has since backed off that statement. We are in about as good shape as one could hope given our turnover and lack of success the last few years. We will be in the thick of it until the end.

If there are any recruits the staff better be building a relationship with.. it's the Berry twins.

All they need to do is listen to the clips of 102,000 chanting their brothers name. That could be you boys! Go Vols!

I just can't shake the feeling that they'll wind up elsewhere else. I feel like at the end a UT is on the table but I just feel like they'll end up somewhere else. Hope I'm wrong.

How many kids or up coming players that are pegged the next great one ever pan out?

Eric Berry was a 5* that panned out.
Most of us thought that he was a smart, good kid that had great potential....

Of course I'm optimistic to a fault.

Whether the twins come to Tennessee or not won't change the way I feel about the Berry family. They have already given their all for UT twice. I'd love to see them come here but please don't go to Auburn, Alabama, or Florida. Anywhere but those schools.

you most definitely forgot georgia..

If Evan was worried about coaching uncertainty at UT, he has to be able to read the tea leaves regarding Georgia.

Really, whether they commit is going to have a lot to do with how competitive we are in 2012 and 2013. If we're playing for conference titles, we're a stable program with a chance to win championships. If we're 7-5 or 8-4, we're looking at another coaching change, and they're looking elsewhere.

Any chance the boys decide to make their own legacy somewhere else? IMO the biggest deterrent could be Eric Berry's shadow.

Any chance the boys decide to make their own legacy somewhere else? IMO the biggest deterrent could be Eric Berry's shadow.

Chance? Yes. As for Eric's shadow...That's going to follow them no matter where they go.

Peyton was compared to Archie at Tennessee. The same thing with Eli being compared to Peyton at Ole Miss. The only way you get out of that shadow is to become better than the one you are compared to. They are family. You can't run away from your last name.

All they need to do is listen to the clips of 102,000 chanting their brothers name. That could be you boys! Go Vols!

Do you think that living up to their bothers expectations would scare them off from UT? (I hope not but I thought I would bring up the question)

Do you think that living up to their bothers expectations would scare them off from UT? (I hope not but I thought I would bring up the question)

That's actually a very real possibility. Some people say that had alot to do with Eli not coming here, I personally think it had more to do with Cutcliffe being at Ole Miss cause he had to follow in pops footsteps there. I think they will make a name for themselves no matter where they play but I sure hope its in Knoxville.

Jmo, but I think we get neither Berry twin.

I disagree. Alot is going to change before they make a choice. I think both will be Vols when the time comes. They will take their time and enjoy the process. It's going to give some people on this board gray hair for sure. In the the end , loyalty and family are the deciding factor. JMO

VN Store

Back