'12 JUCO DT Damien Jacobs (Florida signee)

mooreaj21

Defensive Tackle
Scooba, Ms.
East Miss C.C.
HT: 6'4
WT: 290
Class: 2012 (JUCO)

Rivals
Scout
JUCO Spring Film

Teammates w/ Denico Autry & plays at the same C.C. that Lanier came from. Jacobs will be visiting w/ Autry next week.

Damien Jacobs, a one time Florida State signee now at East Miss. C.C. with Denico Autry, will be visiting with him next week.

On a side note, he and Eric Russell were really close the first time he was being recruited and he said he nearly signed with Texas Tech. He said they talked probably every day when he was in high school. We'll have more on him and his visit later in the week.
- Fortenberry

Last edited:
High school highlights-

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgAiv58wVw[/youtube]

I would love to add another JUCO DT this class.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Be nice to get this guy and Autry :)

I think we definitely land Jacobs if the coaches like him. FSU has offered, but it looks like they may be full at his position. One would have to think that would leave us in great shape with Autry as well.

I believe the coaches are being smart about this. It may take getting a couple of Juco DT's until we can establish ourselves with future recruits. It doesn't look like that we will be getting but a couple of HS DT's for next year. Now thats just an observation CDD may blow us away by next Feb. like he did last year.

Put the letters DT up around here and it's like chumming sharks. For reason though.

I'd like to get a couple JUCO LB's. Had a few misses who would have been nice (stanley-USC, irvin-virginia)

I think we definitely land Jacobs if the coaches like him. FSU has offered, but it looks like they may be full at his position. One would have to think that would leave us in great shape with Autry as well.

FSU isn't a factor for James. Their mods have said they aren't recruiting him. With the talent they've been bringing in the last few years at DT it's just not a priority for them to bring in a JUCO there. If they really want this guy I would think he's there for the taking for the Vols.

I'd like to get a couple JUCO LB's. Had a few misses who would have been nice (stanley-USC, irvin-virginia)

It's really hard finding big-time JUCO Linebackers. There just aren't many of them out there.

I was shocked took his commit when it was always rumors that he was headed to Juco. I've always like OL/DL from La they seem to end up being solid players.

He sounded like he wants to look into a few more schools. It's very early for him as he was basically untouched because he was a FSU guy until recently. I think the Vols are in good shape though because he has multiple ties to this staff.

-Fortenberry

:lolabove:

Let's see ...
Juco transfer (Same as Fairley)
Exact same size
Plays with a mean streak and slams the runner into the ground every chance he gets. Yep , reminds me of Fairley. JMO

Laugh all you want , but the truth is Nick had one great year. You are acting like he broke the mold , never to be another. He was an offensive lineman coming out of high school and I'm sure Auburn didn't expect him to turn out like he did. I'm hoping we strike gold with some Juco's the same way other teams have.

Last edited:
Let's see ...
Juco transfer (Same as Fairley)
Exact same size
Plays with a mean streak and slams the runner into the ground every chance he gets. Yep , reminds me of Fairley. JMO

Laugh all you want , but the truth is Nick had one great year. You are acting like he broke the mold , never to be another. He was an offensive lineman coming out of high school and I'm sure Auburn didn't expect him to turn out like he did. I'm hoping we strike gold with some Juco's the same way other teams have.

That's a little over the top IMO. Chances of finding any JUCO out there and him becoming the next Fairley is a longshot at best. Like you said Auburn probably didn't even expect him to turn out like he did. He was clearly not the norm with JUCO's. The majority of JUCO DT's out there than go D-1 end up being serviceable at best.

I'm having a hard time seeing the comparison between the two other than they are JUCO's and of similar size.

he should be a great player as I wished he would have qualified out of high school.....should be a good get wherever he goes

“Coach Joseph told me I’d probably be a no-brainer starter at Tennessee,” Jacobs said. “Me and Denico, he said we could come in and change a lot of things for them and get the program kind of back where it’s going, so I like Tennessee. That’s one of my biggest priorities out of junior college, is to be somewhere I can either contribute a lot as a junior or start ? make an immediate impact.”

“I know Coach Russell and them, they’re going to be 100-percent real with me and tell me what it is,” Jacobs said. “I’ve got a good feeling about Tennessee with the coaching staff that they’ve got.”

“Last time, I feel like I made my decision a little bit too early,” he said. “I committed to Florida State in September, and signing day wasn’t until February. A lot of schools came around and tried to sway me away.

“This time, I kind of want to wait a little bit later, unless I get that gut feeling about, ‘This is the place where I want to be.’”

- VQ. Quotes that a poster put up from Jacobs.

“It’s going to come down to the end where he’s going to feel like (going) where it’s the best place for him, and I’m going to feel like (going) where it’s the best place for me,” Jacobs said. “If it’s the same place, it’s good. If me and him split, it’s good, too.

“At the end of the day, I’m not going to try to pressure him to go where I want to go, and he’s not going to try to pressure me to go where he wants to go.”

- VQ. Quotes that Jacobs made about his teammate Autry.

VN Store

Back