'13 VA RB Derrick Green (Michigan commit)

ORANGE & WHITE

Minister of Defense
Running Back
Richmond, Virginia
Hermitage

Ht:6'0"
Wt:215 lbs
40:4.37 secs
Shuttle:4.08
Vertical:32 inches
Class:2013 (High School)

Coming to camp this month. According to VQ, he is now 220 and ran a 4.31 in the forty at Penn St. this summer.

The big and talented tailback is going to be at Tennessee's camp on July18th. He's very excited to see Tennessee for the first time and he's already learned quite a bit about the Volunteers.

"They have a great football team and a great tradition," Green said. "They know how to utilize their running backs. They have a great staff and the school has great academics. I've not been up there yet, but I plan to get up there for a game this fall."

A decision for Green is not going to happen anytime soon. He's got a long way to go until signing day in February of 2013. But he does know what he's looking for and he hopes to find it sooner than later.

- VQ

Derrick Green - Yahoo! Sports
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5577351
http://247sports.com/Recruit/Derrick-Green-12364

Last edited:
Derrick Green is an absolute beast. Will be a very highly ranked 2013 RB.

Unfortunately, somebody is going to have to tell him we are only taking 1 Green at RB in 2013. And that is Keyante.

He's a fast big back. I wouldn't mind seeing him run more physical for a back of his size. He's a very good talent though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If he wants to come Keyante Green will have to realize we're taking more than one back.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

One good Green deserves another IMO.

Maybe CDD said, "Listen, I'm not taking any back in 2013 not named Green." :thumbsup:

Simple misunderstanding.

This kid will probably be a *5 in 2013.

Our target list now includes (probable *)
Derrick Green VA *5
Keyante Green GA *5
Chaz Thornton GA high *3 or *4

per 24/7 He has set up a unofficial visits to Tennessee, ohio State and Penn State

"I was just offered by West Virginia this week, and I've been talking to a lot of college coaches," he reported. "I'm talking to Purdue, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Alabama, Oregon, Clemson, Michigan State, and others. I'm getting a lot of recruiting attention."

"My top six schools, in no order, would be Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Oregon, Michigan State and Tennessee," he said. "I'm going to take things real slow this year and let my official visits help me make my decision next year."
- Scout

"They stand high right now," Green said. "I really like coach Sirmon and coach (Derek) Dooley. I liked the entire campus and the program. They are definitely really high right now. I just like the entire atmosphere."

Sirmon has been in contact with Green a lot and he's made the talented tailback a priority. Green has taken notice and wants to get back down to Knoxville for a game.

"I talked with him yesterday," Green said. "I told him I wanted to come up for a game and we are working on me coming down for the South Carolina game. Hopefully it will work out. He's a down to earth coach. He's an overall great guy. He doesn't put any pressure on me and I like that."

"I'm an all-purpose back, but I'm a north and south runner," Green said. "I'm fast, but I get downhill. I'm going to do whatever it takes to score. I go all out on every play. I do whatever I need to do to help my team get a victory."
- VQ

Kid is a STUD!! I'd take Keyante or Derrick in the '13 class.

I like both. Keyante and Derrick would be an amazing pair to bring in. Really doubt that we get both. Derrick already looks like he is 30 years old.

So it would be either Derrick or Keyante along with Chaz Thornton if we go that route. Man I'm pretty much torn as to which ones to take. Good thing I'm not the coach.

Take all 3

Yeah that could be right, I remember in the Keyante Green thread people were talking about us taking 4 rbs this year and only taking 1 in 2013, looks like we're only taking 2. If we go by the same math equation we could take 3 rbs next year. Hopefully that's the case cause I would love to have all 3.

Not sure this is 100% accurate but I read on VQ that he is visiting this weekend. Solid poster over there said they read it on 247. I don't have a sub to 247, can someone confirm this?

VN Store

Back