'12 TX DE Javonte Magee

ORANGE & WHITE

Minister of Defense
Last edited:
magee admittedly doesn't know much about the vols and is in research mode right now, but says he's seen some tennessee games on tv before and knows a few of the former vol defensive linemen.

"i know they're pretty good and they're big in the sec and i've watched them on tv sometimes," magee said. "i remember albert haynesworth. He's a run stopper."

tennessee is certainly not the only out-of-state team pursuing magee. With up to 40 offers magee said the spring was a hectic time for him because of the recruiting aspect.

"it's alright, it's calmed down a little bit since the summer started," magee said. "in the spring, like, our whole weight room was full of coaches."

- vq

He has over 40 offers, and still uncommitted. I know CER was trying to get him to visit earlier in the summer, but I don't think he made it in. Really like his style of play. Good feet with a nose for the ball.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A&M was his first big offer and has probably been on him the longest. He is perfect for a 3-4 defense and i hope he chooses A&M, but im not sure he still has a committable offer from us now. we have 4 DE's now, but if he wants to commit to us, i pray we take him. this kid is easily the second best DE in the state of texas this year behind Mario Williams. right now he seems to be favoring Baylor :huh: right now, but he seems to still be open. This kid is a straight stud. and will be a beast in any defense, but he would be an All American in a 3-4 IMO

Claims he has 45 offers now and still hasn't narrowed it down. I don't feel he wants to go far from home. End the end I think he'll stay in Texas or Midwest. The thing will be how comfortable his Mother is with him going off to school and how much she will get to see him play. Some are recruiting him as DT, but he wants to play DE in school.

A&M was his first big offer and has probably been on him the longest. He is perfect for a 3-4 defense and i hope he chooses A&M, but im not sure he still has a committable offer from us now. we have 4 DE's now, but if he wants to commit to us, i pray we take him. this kid is easily the second best DE in the state of texas this year behind Mario Williams. right now he seems to be favoring Baylor :huh: right now, but he seems to still be open. This kid is a straight stud. and will be a beast in any defense, but he would be an All American in a 3-4 IMO

Another DE named Mario Williams, interesting. You will probably hate Tn if we get him too.

Javonte Magee Highlights

Looks like a 5 technique 3-4 DE to me. From what little I saw he looks like he plays too high to be a 3 or a 1 DT. Looks super-raw but it's hard to teach 6'6" near 300 lbs. which is a probability for this kid. I'm sure that the 40+ schools that are offering him think he's got the potential to show a ton more than that highlight video showed.

Baylor if anyone here. He doesn't say too much and doesn't give many interviews. He's having a good season so far.

VN Store

Back