12 FL QB Tyler Cameron

once the next Gator QB after Driskel but after Meyer/Dazz left town his offer was on the plane next to them. Good kid but he's headed for the BIG East or second tier ACC schools.

Last edited:
He flew into Atlanta Monday to start his first trip, which began with a stop at South Carolina. After that he will travel through North Carolina to see Duke, NC State, North Carolina and Wake Forest before wrapping up with a visit to Tennessee.

Cameron admits one of his top priorities in looking at colleges is going to be the quarterback depth chart.

"Wherever I can get the best chance to play early," he said.
-Rivals

New article on VQ. Says he's "in love" with Tennessee.

Anyone care to summarize?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"I thought it was amazing," Cameron said. "I thought it was unbelievable. The brand new complex is going to be amazing. They showed me and I was like, 'wow'. The whole town breathes football. The stadium was incredible and I want to see a game there. It's a beautiful place."

"I really got along well with coach (Darin) Hinshaw and coach (Jim) Chaney," Cameron said. "They gave me a good chance to look at everything and they did a good job overall. Coach Dooley is a great guy. They run an NFL system and coach Chaney has coached some NFL players like Drew Brees. They want a big time quarterback and I believe I have what they are looking for."

"I'm not sure," Cameron said. "Like sometimes I think it will be soon, but then I think I'll know when it hits me. It hit me today and I'm in love with Tennessee, but I want to see all the other places and make sure this is place for me."

- Rivals

"I thought it was amazing," Cameron said. "I thought it was unbelievable. The brand new complex is going to be amazing. They showed me and I was like, 'wow'. The whole town breathes football. The stadium was incredible and I want to see a game there. It's a beautiful place."

The Vols plan to be very selective in recruiting a quarterback in the class of 2012. Cameron hasn't received an offer yet, but thinks his performance at camp could have one coming his way.

"They are supposed to discuss it with me this week," Cameron said. "I worked out at camp and I think I'm in good shape. I thought I had a good camp and they were on me pretty hard."

When he does talk to the Vol staff, he'll do so with a smile on his face. The very impressive Cameron created quite the bond with Derek Dooley and his staff.

"I really got along well with coach (Darin) Hinshaw and coach (Jim) Chaney," Cameron said. "They gave me a good chance to look at everything and they did a good job overall. Coach Dooley is a great guy. They run an NFL system and coach Chaney has coached some NFL players like Drew Brees. They want a big time quarterback and I believe I have what they are looking for."

One school is currently on his mind, and it's going to take a lot for another contender to catch and pass that school that sits on Rocky Top.

"I'm not sure," Cameron said. "Like sometimes I think it will be soon, but then I think I'll know when it hits me. It hit me today and I'm in love with Tennessee, but I want to see all the other places and make sure this is place for me."
-VQ

...and LV wins with the Quick Draw.

He's got a lot of potential but he needs to do a better job standing in the pocket. He takes off running way too early in some of the highlights.

Would be a nice pickup. Hes a 4 star and hopes to graduate and enroll early. Offer this kid.

once the next Gator QB after Driskel but after Meyer/Dazz left town his offer was on the plane next to them. Good kid but he's headed for the BIG East or second tier ACC schools.

Sounds like if hes offered he will be a Vol. Really like the kids video. He has a nice arm but what really stood out was his accuracy. Definately a Chaney type QB. Hope we offer him and Brown and whoever committs first gets the scholly.

VN Store

Back