'12 FL LB Kadeem Thomas

I havent seen him play at all

will look out for him
Kadeem Thomas, Tallahassee Godby

Ht/Wt: 6'0, 230

Position: Linebacker

Thomas had a huge junior season with 160 tackles, 6 interceptions, and 10 forced fumbles earning him Defensive Player of the Year honors locally...

he has a Teammate rated very highly as well.

CB TJ Davis.

Anybody have an idea what his measureables (40, Bench, etc.) are?

He has great size already for a LB (6"1', 230 lbs.). He also seems to produce on the field with those monster numbers in above average competition (160 tackles with 6 interceptions and 10 forced fumbles against FLA competition).

Two questions.

Does anybody, specifically the FL guys (Jay, HG), know what level of competition Godby High plays? I know Florida High school competition is stacked, but I'm not familiar with the different areas.

Second question is why do you all think his offer list is so undesireable? Thomas has great size and puts up great numbers against above average competition. But besides us offering he has Florida A&M, UMASS, and Western KY type offers.

Hopefully this isn't a case of the UT staff reaching on a LB, but a case of UT finding a talent before other coaching staffs catch on. Thomas might be about to blow up on the recruiting scene.

They were 3rd best last year in Tally. Leon beat them. I think they were 2A but eere reclassified to 5A. Don't ask how but I think FLorida got rid of some classes 2A and 2B. Bottom line is they will be 5A.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They were 3rd best last year in Tally. Leon beat them. I think they were 2A but eere reclassified to 5A. Don't ask how but I think FLorida got rid of some classes 2A and 2B. Bottom line is they will be 5A.

Ok. Thanks MiramarVol. Answers part of my questions.

So not only does Thomas have great size at LB and puts up huge numbers, but he also plays against elite competition.

I am still wondering what his measurables are. Rivals and Scout doesn't seem to list them. I'd like to see what his speed and strength is.

Also wondering why the lack of big time offers. UT is by far the biggest name. Others include Western KY, UMASS, etc.

Holds offers from GT, Cincy, Illinois, NCSt, UT also KY

Holds offers from GT, Cincy, Illinois, Louisville, NCSt, UT also KY offered Wednesday.

Godby defeated Wakulla (20-3) and Rickards (27-7) in a scrimmage yesterday. Played a half each.

kid has all the tools but he's attended 3 HS so that could be the issue with his recruiting atp. Seems like an ideal fit at Mike.

"i'm very interested in tennessee," thomas said. "i like their tradition and they believe in playing freshman. I hope to learn more about them this summer. I'm going to visit their at some point this summer."

"i'm looking for academics, location, and the defense that they run," thomas said. "academics are extremely important. I always told my mom that i would graduate from college and not many people in my family have done that. I want to make her happy."
- vq

i really like this good. very instinctive, agressive, fluid. attacks the ball, gets off blocks, good play recognition, good coverage skills. would like to see the staff make this kid a priority and get him on the commit list as soon as possible. very good linebacker prospect

Ok. Thanks MiramarVol. Answers part of my questions.

So not only does Thomas have great size at LB and puts up huge numbers, but he also plays against elite competition.

I am still wondering what his measurables are. Rivals and Scout doesn't seem to list them. I'd like to see what his speed and strength is.

Also wondering why the lack of big time offers. UT is by far the biggest name. Others include Western KY, UMASS, etc.

No much info atm---here's what I found...

2011 Rivals rating = 5.6
2011 40 = 4.56

Majors to date:
Cincy - offered
FSU- interested (attended JR Day/Wknd & NIKE Camp 2011)
Alabama - expressed interest
Auburn - expressed interest
GT - offered
Illini - offered
Kentucky - offered
Louisville - offered
Miami - interested
Miss - interested
NCST - offered
So Miss - verge of offering
Tennessee- offered
USF- Verge of offering

2010 Stats:
Bench Press: 155 X 23reps
Broad Jump 8'8"

Links...
Elite Scouting Services.com (Soph yr):
YouTube - ‪Kadeem Thomas Sophomore Highlight‬‏

Nat'l Underclassmen Orlando FL Event Recap (look under Elite Soph's):
ORLANDO FL Event Recap - National Underclassmen | Football Combines | Football Recruiting | Football Camp & High School Football Showcase

ESPN 2011
ESPN RISE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL | NIKE FOOTBALL TRAINING CAMP - ESPN RISE | HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS RANKINGS, RESULTS, TRAINING, PERFORMANCE, COLLEGE RECRUITING | HOW TO WIN

FSU NIKE Camp 2011
FSU NIKE: RB v. LB Blitz Pt.1 - Rivals.com Video
NOTE: Take a look at the match-up following Thomas, specifically Jordan Chambers. Extremely explosive first step, quick, and powerful. Nice "swim" / "up and under" move.
Jordan appears to be a "late bloomer or sleeper" (no much info from ESPN, Rivals, Scout, etc.,) who has expressed interest in Tennessee.
Maybe you, Lord Vader, jmoore 21, Erk's Headbutt, or GT09 can locate more???

"I haven't narrowed things down yet," Thomas said. "Every time I get close to doing it, it gets tougher and tougher."

While he hasn't narrowed it down, Thomas was able to quickly give five schools that he expects to be in it until the end.

"Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisville, and Kentucky are some schools I am really interested in," Thomas said. "They have all offered me."

Out of those five schools, the three-star linebacker claims no favorites. He intends to use all five of his official visits in hopes of finding the right college.

"I am looking for a place where I can get a great education," Thomas said. "I am also looking at the tradition that they have there. I am also looking at their fanbase. I also want to find a safe town to spend my time in."
- Rivals

Sucks to be mentioned in the same breath as Vandy, KY and UL......

by the time a recruit takes an official visit, a team getting a W/L isnt going to sway anything. its about relationships, comfort level and atmosphere.

its not as important as the video games portray it to be.

by the time a recruit takes an official visit, a team getting a W/L isnt going to sway anything. its about relationships, comfort level and atmosphere.

its not as important as the video games portray it to be.

Thank you! You summed that up PERFECT. A lot of people fail to understand that.

VN Store

Back