Recruiting in GA (split from recruit threads)

tvols75

That's what I don't get about the UT fans on this site. They celebrate and poke fun at us because Bama, FSU, and UF are taking some of our instate guys. The thing about it is that I don't see UT in play for any of them. The fence is wide open and UT is getting NADA. Come on Dooley, get it together.

If you don't think TN is in play for some of the top prospects in GA, then you are a moron.

That's what I don't get about the UT fans on this site. They celebrate and poke fun at us because Bama, FSU, and UF are taking some of our instate guys. The thing about it is that I don't see UT in play for any of them. The fence is wide open and UT is getting NADA. Come on Dooley, get it together.

Most informed people around here aren't really celebrating. UGA isn't doing well in-state right now, no one can deny that. So, why the poor attempt to put the focus on UT fans? Sour grapes? I think we should be somewhat celebrating since you're a conference rival who can't get the top talent from their own state. FSU is irrelevant to us. UT is in on plenty of guys in GA including Geno, Holsey, and plenty of linemen. Don't speak too soon
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If you don't think TN is in play for some of the top prospects in GA, then you are a moron.

That's a bit strong....ignorant, blind, head-in-the-sand maybe....regardless UT's last class was one quarter Georgia boys and I expect the same for 2012. Good start with Cross.

It's not that they are taking some of your instate guys, it's because they are taking really good ones that you guys aren't even on the radar for. Keep telling us how Geno Smith loves Georgia. I know for a fact that isn't true.

It's the constant excuses coming from the UGA fans on this site for why their program screwed up that's annoying. I get the mentality. Vols fans were that way under Kiffin. Sometimes you have to stand up and make some noise to get things moving in the right direction though. Call a spade a spade, you know?

I read somewhere that he just received the Miami offer in the last week. Must have been a closet Miami fan.;)

Yep, I was just looking around and he got the offer 4 days ago.

BTW, can everyone just bury this whole "they offered me late" before they even start Sr. year already? It is a convenient excuse when a kid just picked somewhere else, not a legit reason.

Is it just me or is UGA missing out on a lot of big time recruits this year
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The perception a lot of athletes have in Georgia is, with the exception of a few, UGA does not recruit Georgia players hard. I think the “dream team” theme last year helped create this perception. It like they feel they can come in and get these guys whenever they want. And schools like Miami are coming in and taking advantage. There is some resentment about UGA because of this perception and they are loosing some quality players. I’m still waiting on Dooley to come in and grab his share. They are here for the taking this year.

It's not that they are taking some of your instate guys, it's because they are taking really good ones that you guys aren't even on the radar for. Keep telling us how Geno Smith loves Georgia. I know for a fact that isn't true.

It's the constant excuses coming from the UGA fans on this site for why their program screwed up that's annoying. I get the mentality. Vols fans were that way under Kiffin. Sometimes you have to stand up and make some noise to get things moving in the right direction though. Call a spade a spade, you know?

+1..All I hear from UGA fans are excuses. Reality has never been an option for their fan base and I have know idea why.

This year...

Considering no kids have signed this year, I think you boys might just be putting the cart before the horse. Especially since ALL the top GA guys are still on the board.

What is with the obsession with UGA anyway? ITT we should be focusing on the fact that Kirby was a UF lock, Weis was even at his scrimmage last night, then UM offered four days ago and took him. Right on the heels of losing Noor Davis to Stanford. :neener2:

The perception a lot of athletes have in Georgia is, with the exception of a few, UGA does not recruit Georgia players hard. I think the “dream team” theme last year helped create this perception. It like they feel they can come in and get these guys whenever they want. And schools like Miami are coming in and taking advantage. There is some resentment about UGA because of this perception and they are loosing some quality players. I’m still waiting on Dooley to come in and grab his share. They are here for the taking this year.

Lemme know when they take a guy that both was worth worrying about AND UGA actually had a chance with. You know, like Taylor, Deloach, Jenkins, or Geno.

FWIW, Kirby was going to Miami all along. UGA, UT, Bama, etc. could have offered him and been on him daily since he was freshman and guess where he would have committed last night? Miami. He was offered 4 days ago and committed without ever visiting. Nobody is going to turn him, he is (and always was) a Cane, regardless of what state he lived in.

Considering no kids have signed this year, I think you boys might just be putting the cart before the horse. Especially since ALL the top GA guys are still on the board.

What is with the obsession with UGA anyway? ITT we should be focusing on the fact that Kirby was a UF lock, Weis was even at his scrimmage last night, then UM offered four days ago and took him. Right on the heels of losing Noor Davis to Stanford. :neener2:

gotta agree with Erk, a lotta "**** envy" in this thread. classic case of focising on other people's problems while ignoring you're own i guess.

gotta agree with Erk, a lotta "**** envy" in this thread. classic case of focising on other people's problems while ignoring you're own i guess.

Hahaha coming from a bunch of UGA fans on a Tennessee board.:lolabove: You will never catch me trolling around on Dawg Nation or whatever you guys have. And yeah tons of envy going on..Our program seeks improvement with eventual championship results by making changes when needed. UGA settles for mediocrity by keeping Richt around.

yawn, how original the Richt=underachiever card. never seen that play before. congrats on you're 'eventual championship' ya'll celebrate that baby every year!!!!!

yawn, how original the Richt=underachiever card. never seen that play before. congrats on you're 'eventual championship' ya'll celebrate that baby every year!!!!!

Its like an ace in the hole. Truth is it is a fact as of yet. What hast he really done with all the talent he has gotten? NOTHING!

Lemme know when they take a guy that both was worth worrying about AND UGA actually had a chance with. You know, like Taylor, Deloach, Jenkins, or Geno.

I think too many on the Georgia staff has this same attitute and it's going to come back and bite them. Not that I'm loosing any sleep over it.

FWIW, you guys are not in the best shape with Geno or Jenkins. UGA is pushing hard for some DB in New Jersey when you have guys like Geno in your back yard. Don't think he and others in state haven't noticed.

No the problem is when rival fans come on here and try to speak down to the UT fans. You seem to portray a holier than whatever attitude that UGA is so much better than everyone else. I understand you have pride in your program but lets not kid ourselves, UGA is not on top of the world and CMR is not a saint.

I mean I could sit here and discuss how many arrests have taking place at UGA under CMR and players that remained on the program, or how many top recruits have come in and not acheived. Everyone knows UGA has both on the field and off the field issues. Every program does and I am sure UGA will bounce back. But it is the fans that seem to ignore it and want to believe UGA is the greatest program in the country right now. That is fine for a UGA board but not a rival board.

I am a UA fan(diehard), but I understand when I post on Volnation where I am. I try to contirbute info about players that may concern UT fans and get info on players UA is looking at, but I do not post on here to argue back and forth with them. I understand some fun here and now, but again remember the board. If you feel UGA is so much better go post it on a UGA board.

Also if UGA is not so concerned with UT coming into the state and recruiting GA players why have so many UGA fans started lurking around here as of late?

I think too many on the Georgia staff has this same attitute and it's going to come back and bite them. Not that I'm loosing any sleep over it.

FWIW, you guys are not in the best shape with Geno or Jenkins. UGA is pushing hard for some DB in New Jersey when you have guys like Geno in your back yard. Don't think he and others in state haven't noticed.

Actually I can chime in here about the NJ player. Yuri Wright I think is who you are referring to. If so he is #1 CB on our(UA) boards also. Some UA fans feel that might be why Geno moved UA out of his top spot. Because we are pushing for Yuri hard right now and Geno probably knows it. BTW UT is also after Yuri.

In regards to instate players I think UGA does probably what UA does. They feel the need to push harder for out of state players this time of the year and feel comfortable with instate until the summer and fall. It is alot harder to get out of state kids to come to camp and set up fall visits than it is with instate.

My opinion though is UGA maybe miscalculated on a few players this year and might regret come NSD. The staff may have not realized that alot of the instate players are concerned with the future of UGA. Again my opinion and we will see.

No the problem is when rival fans come on here and try to speak down to the UT fans. You seem to portray a holier than whatever attitude that UGA is so much better than everyone else. I understand you have pride in your program but lets not kid ourselves, UGA is not on top of the world and CMR is not a saint.

I mean I could sit here and discuss how many arrests have taking place at UGA under CMR and players that remained on the program, or how many top recruits have come in and not acheived. Everyone knows UGA has both on the field and off the field issues. Every program does and I am sure UGA will bounce back. But it is the fans that seem to ignore it and want to believe UGA is the greatest program in the country right now. That is fine for a UGA board but not a rival board.

I am a UA fan(diehard), but I understand when I post on Volnation where I am. I try to contirbute info about players that may concern UT fans and get info on players UA is looking at, but I do not post on here to argue back and forth with them. I understand some fun here and now, but again remember the board. If you feel UGA is so much better go post it on a UGA board.

Also if UGA is not so concerned with UT coming into the state and recruiting GA players why have so many UGA fans started lurking around here as of late?

seinfeld.gif

TideWarrior, I always appreciate your class and respect. You contribute many things on here. Keep it up, and thank you for educating the trolls.

VN Store

Back