'13 TN ATH Jalen Ramsey (Former USCw, now FSU commit)

SigNu_VolFan

Last edited:
Had the highest vertical jump distance at an ESPN Football Recruiting Camp at 40.9".
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Jalen Ramsey was the Playmaker of all playmakers and was the Defensive Co-MVP. Jalen clocked a 4.47 40 and a 41 inch Vertical jump. Jalen was as good as advertised, shutting down his WR in 1 on 1’s and his side of the field in 7 on 7’s. Jalen recorded 2 interceptions, 3 pass break-ups and allowed 0 passes caught on him. Regardless of class, Jalen Ramsey is among the very best prospects in Tennessee
- Scout

Reactions: 1 person
Article up on Volquest:
Ramsey wasn't quite sure what to expect when he and his father visited UT last week. He'll be back this weekend for camp, but Ramsey clearly left the Vols' campus impressed with his time around both secondary coach/recruiting coordinator Terry Joseph and head coach Derek Dooley.

"It went well. It was just me and my dad who got to go. We met with coach Joseph, even coach Dooley took time out of his day to meet with me and my dad," Ramsey explained. "They just showed us around. It was nice. Coach Dooley, we went in his office a little bit and had a little meeting with him."
"On Sunday, I feel like it's a big camp for me, coming to UT's camp," he said. "I'm going to be working with coach Joseph and trying to focus on my technique. I've got a couple more camps, Louisville and things like that, TSU, camps at home and closer.
-VQ

He works with former Vol Buck Fitzgerald. He holds one scholarship offer, which is from Arkansas State.

Last edited:
Jalen Ramsey won combine king at the event which was the guy who tested the best in 40, shuttle, broad jump, vertical jump & bench press.

Jalen Ramsey was also the fastest man and won the WR award for the group. He ran smooth routes throughout the day and used hands well.
-@JaysonSwain

Brentwood Academy rising juniors Jalen Ramsey and D'Montre Wade impressed throughout the event and helped the Eagles post a respectable 6-5 record at the MCC. Ramsey, who has already received a few verbal offers from the SEC, impressed with his athleticism and physicality at defensive back. He could be a big-time prospect in 2013.
-Rivals

I'd say Vols are his leader, but I think he'll want to test his skills and continue to compete and go through the recruiting process for a while. Plus, this staff isn't too huge on early commitments like that.
-VQ.

I go to a rival school(MBA) and can tell you with certainty that whoever gets Corn Elder had a major advantage for this kid.

Didnt he have a big game against Louisville Trinity las night? Anyone know how he did?

BA got their stuff rocked. Lost 52-7 with BA scoring the final td on like trinitys 8th string players.

Ramsey has been here 4 times since the O&W game & plans to attend a couple games this season also.

"We had the same views on how the practice went when we talked,” Ramsey said. “That was pretty cool. And then, they told me they really like me and things like that, and I appreciate that. They told me what my role would be if I went to UT. They said it would be (cornerback), but I could also play nickelback because of my size.”

“They really want me, and they’re planning on taking on four (defensive backs) in my class, so they just want me to take that into consideration,” he said. “And they want me to feel as comfortable as I can around them, and I feel comfortable.”
- GVX247

VN Store

Back