HT: 6'1
WT: 221
40: 4.61
Bench: 315
Squat: 435
Class: 2012

Rivals Profile
Jr. Film

"I met with Coach Cooper face to face," Peters said. "I liked him a lot. He told me they were very interested in me. He wanted me to come up to their junior day on May 27, so I'm going to do that. He told me he saw my highlight tape and was impressed. He wanted to see me in person to see if I passed the eyeball test."

Peters is optimistic the Tigers may eventually offer.

"I feel good about this one," he said. "I don't know what's going to happen, but he told me he's very interested. He told me he wanted me to meet all the coaches. It means a lot [that LSU is interested]. Pretty much everybody here would like to go to LSU. Everybody I know anyway."

"A lot of schools have said they're coming by this spring," Peters said. "Tennessee said they're coming. So did Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Arkansas State, U-LL, Memphis, Louisiana Tech, Kansas and Pittsburgh."
- Rivals

Looks like a Dooley/Wilcox sized LB...looks like an LSU lock if they offer though...like always.

Tennessee has offered, LSU is very high on him & he will visit Baton Rouge in the coming weeks.

"The University of Tennessee recruiting coordinator Terry Joseph called to officially offer Otha a full scholarship," according to Walters. "University of Memphis linebacker coach [Galen Scott] also offered on Tuesday. Other offers include Louisiana-Lafayette and Arkansas State.

Walters thinks the home state Tigers could also play a factor in Peters' recruitment.

"LSU DB coach Ron Cooper visited on Tuesday and came away very impressed after watching his highlight film and seeing Otha in person. He and Coach Chavis will be back next week when we start spring practice. Other schools scheduled to attend spring practice are Tulane, Ole Miss, Miss. St., Tennessee, Memphis, ULL, among others."
- Scout

Did Peters think about pulling the trigger on the spot.

“No not really,” Peters explained. “I have spoken to my head coach a lot about it and he wants me to focus on having a great senior season and we both feel more offers will come. Yes Tennessee is a big offer for me, but I want to keep all my options open right now.”

Peters, who hasn’t been on the Rocky Top campus to date, has already made plans to attend the Vols June 4th camp.

“It finally sunk in that Tennessee really had offered after I called Coach Peter Sirmon,” Peters said. “He told me how much they needed me and he seems really cool and seems to know a lot about playing and coaching the position.”
- Scout

Coach Sirmon will be attending one of Peters Spring practices, also Coach Joseph & Peters head coach are good friends.

LA connections finally coming through. Is LSU planning on offering, and how much effect will it have?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"It was somewhat surprising, but Tennessee was one of the first colleges recruiting me," Peters said. "I know a little bit about them. I just know they have a big stadium."

Although he doesn't know much about Tennessee, he's beginning to get to know the Tennessee coaches and two staff memebers should be by to evaluate him later this week.

"I've visited with coach (Terry) Joseph. Coach Sirmon and coach (Justin) Wilcox are supposed to be coming this Thursday," Peters added.
- VQ

Also getting interest from LSU & Miss State.

LA connections finally coming through. Is LSU planning on offering, and how much effect will it have?

LSU should offer this summer, if they do it will be hard to keep him from them but with Joseph knowing his coach & getting in before LSU could help.

Every since we offered his recruitment this spring has blown up. Bama is interested in him now too.

I think it speaks volumes as to how well our coaching staff can evaluate recruits whenother school start jump in after we offer a kid.

Happens all the time. Offers from Big Programs always spurs more interest.

I'm hoping it's more than that. We had a few guys last year who weren't that heralded that the staff obviously saw something in, and they had monster senior seasons. Now time will tell what that means for evaluating SEC talent, but my hope is that we have a solid system for evaluating talent that others will try to copy off of.

I'm hoping it's more than that. We had a few guys last year who weren't that heralded that the staff obviously saw something in, and they had monster senior seasons. Now time will tell what that means for evaluating SEC talent, but my hope is that we have a solid system for evaluating talent that others will try to copy off of.

I have to agree with you there. If those 3* guys turn out to be good descent guys who get coached up and play well, then our coaching staff has something special.

Lance has been known for that.

Alabama openly talked about it. If they have not been following a kid and they see we offered, they look at the film. They have tons more in state talent (and tons more talent on paper in general) but they like and trust the analysis of our coaching staff.

Thompson leaving Alabama was not because of Saban, it was personal issues.

We will have to see how it plays out eventually, but if Saban, or especially Jimbo Fisher had to choose the school to lose a kid to, they would want TN over many other options. Saban would not rather have a kid in conference if they are eliminating Alabama and down to tOSU or TN, but if it is TN and Auburn, TN and UGA, TN and USCe etc he is going to have nice stuff to say about Dooley that no one else is going to get.

Louisiana linebacker Otha Peters continues to be a hot prospect on the trail this spring as he’s added offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Pitt and Mississippi State this week and a lot more schools are showing major interest.

One thing tie that Tennessee has to Peters is former Vol defensive back JJ McCleskey. Peters has worked out with McCleskey a few times in Louisiana and it never hurts to have another tie to a kid.
-VQ

“I was really excited and pumped up. I like Nebraska a lot. I like the defense, the blackshirts, and the atmosphere up there. The fans at Nebraska are great,”

“Nebraska ranks up there towards the top,” said Peters. “I'm a defensive player and they are a defensive team. Defense is a priority. They have a great tradition at Nebraska and are a winning program. Playing there would be great.”
- Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back