40: 4.8
Shuttle: 4.2
Bench: 240
Vert: 26"
GPA: 3.2
Class: 2012

Rivals ProfileScout Profile
Soph. Film

According to InsideTennessee, Jones will be visiting this weekend. He is rated a 3* & the 42nd best DE in the Nation on Scout. He has offers from Cincy, Michigan, Ohio State, & Tennessee ATP.

LaTroy Lewis finished his junior season with 96 tackles and nine sacks. He says he can bench 240-pounds and has a 26-inch vertical jump.
- Scout

Last edited:
“I want to see all the schools that I’m interested in and see life outside of football,” he said. “Ultimately this is going to be the place where I live for four years and I want to make sure it’s homey. I still want to go out west to see schools like USC and Oregon and Florida.”

In addition, Lewis mentioned Tennessee as a school likely to receive a visit in the near future. The Volunteers are the last school to have offered him
- Scout

"I went to Tennessee a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed that a lot. Knoxville is definitely a football city, and they have a great coaching staff. I like Tennessee a lot and I will consider them highly."
- Scout

Also hearing from Notre Dame, Michigan (his dad played there), Ohio State, Nebraska, & Florida.

He weighs 235 and can only bench 240. Someone needs to show this kid how to lift weights. He will need to be strong to be a DE.

He's not Tennessee good IMO. My high school plays his every year and he looks a lot better because of Greg McMullen at the other D-End position.

“Right now I’m looking at Tennessee a lot, Notre Dame, USC, and I like a few of the Big Ten schools and Florida as well,” he said.

As of now, there are no visits on his summer calendar but Lewis is hoping to make it back to Pittsburgh and Tennessee. He’s also hoping to join friend and teammate Greg McMullen in traveling back to Nebraska.
-Rivals

Tennessee seems to be high up, if not on top of, his list. He and his teammate Greg McMullen are tossing around the idea of playing together in college.

UPDATE: LaTroy Lewis does have his Notre Dame offer, and in talking to John Talman of HuskerOnline.com about the commitment of his teammate DT Greg McMullen to Nebraska, Lewis says that Notre Dame and Tennessee are his two front-runners. It sounds as if he remains open to the Huskers, however, revealing that he will join McMullen on a trip to Lincoln next week and will discuss with coach Bo Pelini where he stands with the Big Red.

Four-star DE LaTroy Lewis of Ohio received his second offer from Ohio State, way back last fall, but the Buckeyes' recent turmoil has led to his downgrading The OSU significantly. "I haven't quite crossed them off my list," Lewis told Bill Kurelic of Bucknuts.com, adding that he might take another visit to Columbus.

- ESPN CFB Rumors

I usually dont put much stock into what ESPN says but if thats true would be a great pickup if we could get him IMO.

This guy looks like a great combination between quality athlete and quality student. He is the prototypical Dooley prospect...now just have to reel him in.

Would this guy project as a LB or DE in college? He is about the size of AJ Johnson right now, like I said in the Crawley thread Dooley is upgrading size across the board & IMO we are going to be see heavier DE's than what we currently have. Lewis would have to put on about 30-40lbs to be a good size DE but would only need about 5-10lbs to be a good size LB.

That's a good question. He has pretty good size but that 40 time is good for a DE. Not sure about LB. He might be able to play mike, but I don't know about playing on the outside...

True. I also read that he has ran faster 40s than the 4.8 at TN. I don't know much about Lewis, but I'm sure he would be a good addition to the front 7.

I don't think we do. Sounds like he wants to follow his teammate to Nebraska, ATP. Things may change and Pellini may tell him he's not interested. If we do get him, the position he plays will depend upon how much his body changes between now and when he shows up for school. He could bulk up or try to stay trimmed down. I haven't got a definitive answer there...

This kid seems like a 'tweener--and that makes him a question mark to me. Unless he's very athletic, he probably won't be a LB--and he'd have to put on 30 or more pounds to become a DE. That will take time and nobody really knows what sort of player he'd be with significantly more weight.

Lewis would definitely be a DE in college. No way he can play Linebacker, especially in the SEC. That said he is not someone I would consider a must get at all. His teamate is a far far far better prospect IMO.

OSU offered very early. The talent is there apparently. Or maybe they just wanted an in for his teammate.

OSU offered very early. The talent is there apparently. Or maybe they just wanted an in for his teammate.

I dont know. But his teamate is a far better player and prospect IMO. I think the fact that teams have had to account for him coming off the other edge, has made things a lot easier for Lewis on the high school level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back