'12 PA LB Tyrone Neal

mooreaj21

Linebacker
McKeesport, Pa.
McKeesport High
HT: 6'1
WT: 225
Class: 2012

Holds a Vol offer along w/ Auburn, Florida, Illinois, N.C. State, Pitt, Rutgers, Syracuse, Texas Tech, USC, & WVU

Rivals Profile
Scout Profile

Scout has him rated as a 3* prospect

Pretty sure that guy already plays for us. Kessling called his name several times last year.

According to an article on Rivals, Tyrone visited last Monday. Also, he has no favorites ATP and staying close to home is not a concern of his.

Kid is a stud. PA has some very good top end talent this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"I believe he'll be going to Tennessee next weekend. He's probably going to visit a few places that would be within a relatively short drive," Ward said. "He probably won't make it to Lubbock this summer because of the distance, but he's talked about going to see Tennessee, and maybe Syracuse. He's talked about NC State some as well, and Florida also."
- Rivals

“They’re number one, as of right now,” Neal said. “It was nice. I had fun.”

"When I first stepped on the campus, they were showing me some love,” Neal added. “They seemed like they’re cool, like they’re good people. They treat you like they care about you. It was good to be around the coaches.”

Some current UT team members greeted him and took it upon themselves to reinforce the message.

“They were telling me they need some linebackers,” said Neal
- GVX247

Said he will be back for a game this fall & wants to see all of his options before making a decision.

- GVX247

Said he will be back for a game this fall & wants to see all of his options before making a decision.

I know anything can happen between now and signing day but man you got to feel good about getting this guy. Thanks for the info jmoore.

Give me Sheldon Day, Danny O'Brien, Tyrone Neal, Nick Dawson and any 2 big-time DE's and I could care less how the rest of the class looks, I'll be happy. The front 7 needs a minimum of 6 big-time players in this class for it to be a successful haul IMO.

FWIW his teammate last season Branden Jackson signed w/ Texas Tech. Tech is one of Neals top schools.

Sirmon's recruiting efforts and the experience Neal had on the ground in Knoxville have the Vols in solid shape with the outside linebacker.

"Tennessee's my top school right now," Neal said on the subject of his leaders. "I don't have a top five worked out, but so far Tennessee's out in front. I definitely plan on getting back down there in a fall for a visit."
-VQ

"I like coach Sirmon a lot, I like that he's my recruiter and he'd also be my position coach if I went there. He was up here in the spring and we talk on the phone," Neal said. "He's a real energetic guy who's been in the NFL, so you have to respect that."

-VQ

I know its early yet in his first year as a full time position coach and recruiter, but I like the way he is going full tilt and making connections with the recruits.

mlsoft

I know its early yet in his first year as a full time position coach and recruiter, but I like the way he is going full tilt and making connections with the recruits.

mlsoft

Agreed. I hope we can keep him
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back