Linebacker
Athens, Al.
East Limestone
HT: 6'1
WT: 225
40: 4.59
Class: 2012

Scout Profile

Jones has no offers ATP, he was here for the Orange & White game.

"The visit was good," Leon Jones said. "I learned all the lyrics to Rocky Top. The spring game was pretty good. They have some young guys. The SEC will be real competitve this year.

"I like the colors," said Jones. "I like orange and white. I like the tradition. Tennessee football goes way back. I like Derek Dooley and the coaches. I like the program and all the fans. They believe in the program every year. They believe in the players. I like the feel of everything. It's a real old-timey feel. I like singing Rocky Top."
- Scout

Haven't seen him play before but I will try to thus year. He plays at East Limestone so the level of competition is pretty weak fwiw.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He sounds like a kid we should offer just to be the heart and soul of the team for a long time coming. He sounds like a Vol, and for a team lacking warm bodies, right now that kinda loyalty and dedication are what we need. Sign him up!

He sounds like a kid we should offer just to be the heart and soul of the team for a long time coming. He sounds like a Vol, and for a team lacking warm bodies, right now that kinda loyalty and dedication are what we need. Sign him up!

Since we have limited schollys next year, I would prefer to wait to see if he can play.

Haven't seen him play before but I will try to thus year. He plays at East Limestone so the level of competition is pretty weak fwiw.

Yeah, if he played at Athens or Bob Jones then it would a lot easier to correctly evaluate him. A much higher level of competition.

Will be back for camp in July

"Tennessee is probably recruiting me the hardest," he said. "They are saying they like my size. They said I remind them a lot of Herman Lathers. They want me to come to camp and see what I can do."
- Scout

I don't like judging a player I have never personally seen play before but living 5 minutes from his school, knowing the competition level of East Limestone, and never hearing of him before I would feel very uneasy with our LB recruiting if we were even considering him

I don't like judging a player I have never personally seen play before but living 5 minutes from his school, knowing the competition level of East Limestone, and never hearing of him before I would feel very uneasy with our LB recruiting if we were even considering him

I think what happened is Vandy offered him and CDD had a fit asking his coaches how they missed this obvious FREAK. No worries...once Vandy fills up..our recruiting will will be a blaze like the brush in LA. :whistling:

Didn't East Limestone just move up to 5A? Anyway, glad to know there are fellow vol fans in enemy territory :hi:

Yep East Limestone is 5A and they play a pretty tough schedule....

Last edited:
Yep East Limestone is 5A and they play a pretty tough schedule....

Just because they are in 5A doesnt mean the competition level is great. All I'm saying is if this kid is worth UT's time than he should have been a standout playing for East Limestone and he just isn't

VN Store

Back