'13 GA DT Robert Nkemdiche

mooreaj21

Defensive Tackle
Loganville, Ga.
Grayson
HT: 6'5
WT: 260
Class: 2013

Will be one to watch out of Ga., holds offers from Alabama, Auburn, UGA, GT, & USCjr.

Rivals Profile
Scout Profile

Robert Nkemdiche of Grayson has a shot to be the #1 prospect in the country for 2013. Man-Child. Gotta think 'bama leads right now
- Scott Kennedy, Scout

Sophomore DE Robert Nkemdiche is the best player I've seen this year. Physical freak
- Keith Niebuhr, Rivals

This kid is one heck of a ballplayer. Dude was dominating as a Soph. and Grayson plays some big boy football too.

He loves him some Bama, its still very early. His brother ended up signing with a JUCO this year. They will want to play together so they will be a package deal for the next recruiting cycle. Everybody will be all over this kid next year. Five star, top 5 recruit for sure.

This is one kid that we need to convince him that every co-ed at UT is either Halle Berry, J Lo, Beyonce or Catherine Zeta Jones. I hope he doesn't care about whether our unis are cool or not. I hope we convince his mother, aunt, grandmother or whomever that we are a safe nurturing environment. I hope we convince his "advisor" that we are the ONLY school that will get him to the NFL and also that we will listen "wink" to every idea the advisor has.

Was at the Nike Camp in Athens yesterday and saw him in person. He's the best player in Georgia right now and I'm not kidding. Can't believe he's a 10th grader!

Maybe last year also...I watched him against Valdosta and he was in the back field on 2-3 plays every series. He'll have the Clowney and Bowers ESPN hype next season.

Alot of of UA fans are feeling really good about Nkemdiche and R Foster for next year. We seem to be out in front with both. Hard to get excited for the 2013 class but these two are elite to say the least.

Interesting tidbit about Nkemdiche. He lives with his HS coach who happens to be an Alabama grad.

Bama lock......

Interesting tidbit about Nkemdiche. He lives with his HS coach who happens to be an Alabama grad.

Bama lock......

Ha ha ha anyone familiar with the Alabama recruiting philosophy has seen this play out a few times before. I would be willing to bet that his coach's mortgage is not going to be an issue in the future.

Reactions: 1 person

Bama lock......

In regards to living with Conn would like to see that verified other than something from a UGA board. Might be true but only a rumor that I have seen. But his HC is a former UA player that played under Stallings.:)

If those times are close watch out.

"He doesn't have one shred of fat on him. He's so athletic and he can run like a deer. I haven't timed him this spring, but I bet he runs 4.6 [seconds in the 40-yard dash]. Heck, he may run 4.5. He's that fast. And I am going to play him a little at running back this fall. We did a little last year, and it was like parting the Red Sea when he ran between the tackles. No one wanted to touch him."

'13 DE prospect Nkemdiche holds Bama offer

In regards to living with Conn would like to see that verified other than something from a UGA board. Might be true but only a rumor that I have seen. But his HC is a former UA player that played under Stallings.:)

trust me, it's true. And Conn doesn't hide the fact that he's pushing him to Bama. Pretty open about it as a matter of fact.

trust me, it's true. And Conn doesn't hide the fact that he's pushing him to Bama. Pretty open about it as a matter of fact.

I wish it could be verified too. I haven't heard that, in fact I heard that he still lives with his parents, like normal people do.

Conn is definitely pushing him to Bama. A wannabe Randy McPherson is all he is. I wish schools in GA would make it a policy not to hire guys like Conn.

Just watched this kids Sophomore highlights on Rivals, the best DL film I have ever seen. This kid is an absolute MONSTER!!! He could really be hands down the #1 player in the Nation for the '13 class if not right now already.

Just watched this kids Sophomore highlights on Rivals, the best DL film I have ever seen. This kid is an absolute MONSTER!!! He could really be hands down the #1 player in the Nation for the '13 class if not right now already.

Some recruiting experts are saying he could challenge for the top spot in the 2012 class. Imagine 2 more years of HS before he comes out and appartly his DL coach(ex-BYU player) is doing a great job with him.

Nkemdiche dominated the drills, so much to the point that one other heralded defensive lineman — a junior — was overheard saying to a couple of others, "I’m just glad 783 (Nkemdiche’s camp number on his jersey) isn’t in the Class of 2012 with the D-Line rankings."
2013 Grayson DL Robert Nkemdiche steals spotlight at Nike camp | AJC College Sports Recruiting

"There is not a kid in the country that can block him one-on-one right now," said Lenny Gregory, Grayson's defensive line coach, who played nose guard at BYU from 1989-93. "I am not sure that there is a college in the country where he wouldn't start this fall. This kid is that good."
Sophomore Robert Nkemdiche on track to be one of nation's best prospects - ESPN

This kid is a beast! I hope Bama doesn't get him. I would love for UT to start getting some elite DTs like this.

"There is not a kid in the country that can block him one-on-one right now," said Lenny Gregory, Grayson's defensive line coach, who played nose guard at BYU from 1989-93. "I am not sure that there is a college in the country where he wouldn't start this fall. This kid is that good."
Sophomore Robert Nkemdiche on track to be one of nation's best prospects - ESPN

lol. A 16-year-old high school sophomore looking good against 17-year-old high school juniors is one thing. A 16-year-old high school sophomore looking good against 22-year-old college seniors is quite another.

I'm not saying he's not an elite prospect or anything. But to act like he'd be an NCAA All-American right now is silly.

In regards to him living with his HS coach that is incorrect. He does stay occassionaly with his DL coach Gregory, BYU Grad and Conn, when his dad is on call in Atlanta. So why would a coach not help out since the mother is out of country.

His mom, Beverly, lives in Africa and is currently running for governor for one of their states in Nigeria. His father, Sunday, is a doctor who works long hours at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

I know some UGA fans like to assume that he is some orphan the coaches took in, but this is not like Calloway or other players that live full time with their coach. He comes from a very good family and will go where he decides he feels is best for him.

In regards to him living with his HS coach that is incorrect. He does stay occassionaly with his DL coach Gregory, BYU Grad and Conn, when his dad is on call in Atlanta. So why would a coach not help out since the mother is out of country.

His mom, Beverly, lives in Africa and is currently running for governor for one of their states in Nigeria. His father, Sunday, is a doctor who works long hours at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

I know some UGA fans like to assume that he is some orphan the coaches took in, but this is not like Calloway or other players that live full time with their coach. He comes from a very good family and will go where he decides he feels is best for him.

This UGA fan knew that wasn't the situation, but I live not far from Grayson, just about 15 minutes actually. Where did that rumor start and why? Really ridiculous for whoever started it to say if they don't know the reality.

This UGA fan knew that wasn't the situation, but I live not far from Grayson, just about 15 minutes actually. Where did that rumor start and why? Really ridiculous for whoever started it to say if they don't know the reality.

I agree. The thing for me on some UGA boards I have read they are upset because they feel Conn is pushing him to UA, but I bet they could care less if any HS coaches in GA or elsewhere that are either former UGA alum or huge fans are pushing players to UGA. The fact is every school has players that are getting pushed towards a college. It is part of it and great for the school that wants a player. I am also sure UA fans would be upset if a former UGA alum was coaching in AL and doing the same.

In recruiting every college has to take advantage of every opportunity, especially when building bridges with HS and those coaches to create pipelines to recruit.

In recruiting every college has to take advantage of every opportunity, especially when building bridges with HS and those coaches to create pipelines to recruit.

Which takes time and resources. One of the most underrated advantages to have when recruiting as a college program. This is why CDD needs time and results to get the better recruits.

Alabama has plenty of "resources". And now, thanks to them, Dr. Phillips High in Orlando does too.

Which takes time and resources. One of the most underrated advantages to have when recruiting as a college program. This is why CDD needs time and results to get the better recruits.

I think CDD has that with alot of GA and LA HS that will pay off in time. It is not like he just showed up from outside of the south. Even though last year and maybe some this year UT might not get all the kids from states like LA and GA they sure do keep coming up in the conversation. Especially LA which is a very hard state to pull kids away from.

I agree if he is giving time UT will be back and will be in the mix for the top players throughout the south.

Some very interesting things have been happening the last 3 days. HUGE announcement should come early next week.

VN Store

Back