Defensive Tackle
Lynchburg, Va.
Brookville
HT: 6'4
WT: 260
Class: 2012

Rivals Profile
Scout Profile

Kirven holds a Tennessee offer, along with Alabama, Colorado, UNC, NC State, Penn St. Rutgers, Stanford, UCF, Utah, UVA, & VT to name a few. Scout has Kirven rated a 4* & the 19th best DT in the nation.

We need any of these top DT this year it's amazing how we keep missing on so many of these guys the last couple of years no matter who the coach.

Kirven is a big body who can dominate when he plays with good leverage and stays low, he just needs to be more consistent. In some of the one-on-ones, he was very explosive off the snap and dipped under his opponents' attempts to get their hands on him while in other reps he came off slower and too high. If he can avoid providing his opponent an upright and big target, he has a chance to be special because he has such light feet, is very agile and is just starting to add strength. His ceiling is high and he is just starting to tap into his potential and once he gains that consistency and perhaps more of a mean streak, watch out.
- Rivals

"I really enjoyed everything," Kirven said. "The campus was amazing and the facilities were great. They are building a new facility and the one they have is unreal now. The coaches and stadium were great. I liked the academic side too. It was a good chance to meet the other recruits too."

"Coach Sirmon is a cool guy," Kirven said. "He's a younger guy and he's persistent. I like that about him. He's my kind of guy. He hits me up on Facebook daily."

Kirven says he has no leader at this time, but does feel like the Vols will most likely get an official visit next fall. He knows that Tennessee offers a lot and he'll have the chance to play early.
- VQ

Said he will visit more schools & have a decision by the end of the summer.

yes, no doubt. we have a pretty large lead.

I do wish 2-3 of these DT's would go ahead and commit. I would feel alot better knowing we are setting ourselves up well for the future. Some have said we may take 4-5 DT's in this class if possible. Maybe if a couple commit it would cause the domino effect and we would be set at DT for 2012 by kickoff vs Montana.:rock2:

“The schools that are showing me the most love are Virginia Tech, Alabama, Tennessee, Colorado, UVa, and Duke right now,” Kirven said. “The school that continues to show me that they like me is the school that I’m going to be interested in.”

In addition to UNC, Kirven is looking to schedule trips to Alabama, Florida, and Stanford. He has already visited Duke, Tennessee, Virginia, and Virginia Tech.
- Scout

Kirven has a great motor and clearly loves to compete as he shows up at every event and always seems to take more reps than anyone else. Every time there a chance to step up in the one-on-ones, Kirven was the first to jump in line. Kirven is big and powerful and moves well. He won most of his one-on-ones with sheer power and size despite not relying on a bull rush. He just needs to get more explosive off the snap and a bit quicker, but his balance and footwork are good. Kirven has had a habit of playing high but did a good job this time at staying as low as he could and using leverage well.
- Rivals

The next step in Kirven’s process is getting to campus and strengthening his relationship with the coaching staff.

“We will make a visit out there in late June or early July; sometime in there,” Kirven said. “I am still putting the schedule together.”

Notre Dame isn’t the only school on the summer visit schedule.

Kirven said he also plans to visit Alabama, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, Colorado, Stanford, Rutgers and North Carolina.
- Scout

He has been pretty quiet, but many have felt like UT has always been in good shape with him. Hopefully, we will win him over in July.

Man, I hope your right. This would be a great haul. I want to get excited so bad about a DT commitment and I am sure I'm not the only one.

VN Store

Back