3024 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '12 VA DT Korren Kirven (Bama signee) Page 36. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Either one would be wonderful, but both would be freaking off the charts. I don't think it's completely out of ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #526 (permalink)

Either one would be wonderful, but both would be freaking off the charts. I don't think it's completely out of the realm of possibility either. Definitely a better chance now!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 07:47 AM   #527 (permalink)
Vols Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombomcfaren View Post
you could argue Danny O'Brien and McCullers is our version of Hunter and Rogers at DT. But we need another big time DT.
The thing with McCullers is that he only has 3 to play 2 years. So we need another freshman DT for depth purposes.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #528 (permalink)
Vols Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbake005 View Post
Bama makes room.
Great blanket statement. Bama has 27 commits, they are pretty much done.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #529 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddune50 View Post
Great blanket statement. Bama has 27 commits, they are pretty much done.
Nope no even close to be honest. We have 27 verbally commited. But we have 2 that look to be headed to JUCO and one yesterday that was interviewed and stated because of his knee surgery he will not enroll until Jan 2013. So currently we have 24 if all that transpires and our sites since Nov said we could sign up to 29 because we make 4 EEs midyear exemptions with the new SEC rule. So we have room for 4 or 5 more. Even if the 2 with academic concerns do sign and get in we still can take 3 more. But I do think those spots are for specific targets and if we do not get those recruits those spots will remain open for next year aloowing us to have midyear exemptions for the 2013 class.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #530 (permalink)
VFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideWarrior View Post
Nope no even close to be honest. We have 27 verbally commited. But we have 2 that look to be headed to JUCO and one yesterday that was interviewed and stated because of his knee surgery he will not enroll until Jan 2013. So currently we have 24 if all that transpires and our sites since Nov said we could sign up to 29 because we make 4 EEs midyear exemptions with the new SEC rule. So we have room for 4 or 5 more. Even if the 2 with academic concerns do sign and get in we still can take 3 more. But I do think those spots are for specific targets and if we do not get those recruits those spots will remain open for next year aloowing us to have midyear exemptions for the 2013 class.
Does Saban kick 10 guys off the team every year? It seems like you guys are always signing 25+ each year.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #531 (permalink)

Quote:
gotta love the Saban math
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... Mass Hysteria!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #532 (permalink)
#ButchSlappin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDC View Post
Does Saban kick 10 guys off the team every year? It seems like you guys are always signing 25+ each year.
When you have a bunch of dudes leaving early for the NFL every year, you don't need to kick as many off.

UT fans have forgotten about this over the last few years, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #533 (permalink)

Quote:
Nick Saban to Atlanta RB: You can’t sign with Alabama until next year | AJC College Sports Recruiting

just a little difference in the take
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #534 (permalink)
VFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVol View Post
When you have a bunch of dudes leaving early for the NFL every year, you don't need to kick as many off.

UT fans have forgotten about this over the last few years, unfortunately.
Unfortunately you are right.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #535 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldvol75 View Post
“Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama.”

Okay, who's the idiot who gave him the wrong number.
gorockytop101 is online now   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #536 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorockytop101 View Post
“Tennessee came through and I only talked to them one time. They gave me a number and the number didn’t even work. There was South Carolina and Georgia. They both stopped talking to me because I was committed to Alabama.”

Okay, who's the idiot who gave him the wrong number.
At least it's a recruit we don't seem interested in
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:01 AM   #537 (permalink)
Vols Fan

Quote:
How the hell can Bama sign 29 when the new SEC rule in place only allows for 25? EEs count against the 25 last I checked, your numbers don't add up.

Last edited by sanddune50; 01-16-2012 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #538 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddune50 View Post
How the hell can Bama sign 29 when the new SEC rule in place only allows for 25? EEs count against the 25 last I checked, your numbers don't add up.
welcome to how saban learned to count they always seem to do this makes it seem fishy
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #539 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDC View Post
Unfortunately you are right.
This has nothing to do with the 25 recruiting limit.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #540 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray#1Vol View Post
welcome to how saban learned to count they always seem to do this makes it seem fishy
Saban does it and everyone talks about how smart he is. Dooley tells 2 to look elsewhere and the negavols and hysterical media raise the roof. Even though one of the 2 probably won't make it academically. Rebuilding is hell, I guess.
Reply With Quote TOP