Position: Defensive End
City: Ramsey, New Jersey
School: Don Bosco Prep

Ht: 6"4'
Wt: 245 lbs
Class: 2012 (High School)

Darius Hamilton - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Darius Hamilton Profile

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...iting/player?id=122858&_slug_=darius-hamilton

-5* on Rivals.com.

-Has mentioned that UT is one of the few schools that is recruiting him the hardest.

"I would say there is a couple schools that are recruiting me the hardest, that's how I rank things, not by favorites, but who is recruiting me the most. Those schools would probably be Rutgers, Florida, Tennessee and North Carolina."
-Rivals.

Named TN as one of the schools recruiting him the hardest.

"I feel like they are definitely a program on the rise," Hamilton said. "I got to watch that LSU game last year and that crazy ending. For them to stay in the game with LSU was amazing. They are on their way to being a really good team. I talk with coach Sirmon a lot and he wants to get me up there and I want to get up there."

Rivals

The Vols are standing strong thanks to new linebackers coach Peter Sirmon. The two talk quite a bit and developed a nice relationship early in the process.

"We talk about once or twice a week," Hamilton said. "He's a straight forward guy. He is letting me know that he will give me a chance to play and I like that he keeps it up front. Some coaches promise you a lot of things and all I'm asking for is a chance. If you can do that then I'm going to take that chance and run with it."

- VQ

At 6-foot-4 and 245 pounds, Hamilton has a strong frame and he knows that he has to keep getting better. His drive and determination to be the best is very strong and he says he won't be outworked.

"Obviously I'm getting noticed a lot more," Hamilton said. "I'm not going to sneak up anybody now. I'm going to have to do everything five times harder. I'm going to have to try and train five times harder. It's going to be a dog fight for me this year. I'm going to have to do a lot more work when the other guys are finished."

- VQ

Also plans on bringing his dad back in a few weeks to visit during his spring break. Plans on taking all 5 OVs, so a decision won't be coming soon.

Last edited:
Don Boscoe Prep is a Top 3 Program in the country. They have 5 legitimate SEC not just college football SEC prospects in that team. They beat the crap out of Prattville last year to. Jersey and Pennsylvania are LOADED this year.

Being in New Jersey, who has the advantage with him (read: who normally signs most of the prospects in that region?)

Don Boscoe Prep is a Top 3 Program in the country. They have 5 legitimate SEC not just college football SEC prospects in that team. They beat the crap out of Prattville last year to. Jersey and Pennsylvania are LOADED this year.

A good program. Top 3...I'm not sure about that, but a darn good program.

They are one of the better programs in the country football wise. They are a prep school that issue scholarships for high school players to play for them and get a better (prep) education.

Everyone kind of cherry picks NJ for their talent. They are a small state but have a lot of prep schools and therefore have a lot of talent. So Cal cherry picked Dwayne Jarrett one year I believe(he was a 5* wr).

Rutger fans get mad cuz top schools come steal their top talent away. Lot of Big Ten schools come and ravage the state. But lots of guys of there want a chance to play in the SEC cuz of our prestige and jump at offers from top SEC schools.

“I have break coming up on the 21st and plan on taking visits then,” Hamilton stated. “I want to get to Virginia and Virginia Tech as I’m going to see my grandmother down in Lynchburg, Va., but right now I don’t have anything else set up.”

“I visited Rutgers a little while back for practice and that was good,” Hamilton explained. “It was there first day of full pads. I sat in on a meeting and we run a lot of the same defensive schemes as we do at Don Bosco because our coordinator went to Rutgers. It’s always great to watch people with the same passion for the game strap up and go at it.”

“They’re definitely a school I like right now and Gary Nova definitely gets in my ear about it. Rutgers has great facilities and as far as their football program, I really like everything about them.”
- Scout

Picked up offers from Iowa, UVA, & VT. Said he would like to hear from FSU.

FYI, he is the son of Keith Hamilton who played defensive tackle for the New York Giants from 1992 until 2003.

Don Bosco is a top 10 national program every year, ranked # 1 two years ago on Rivals - travel each year and have beaten a school out in Cali twice, St. X of Cincy and Prattville in the last 3 years. A lot of these guys leave NJ b/c they realize Rutgers just isn't big time. Although we pluck a guy or 2 from NJ like Nyshier a couple of yrs ago, Penn State owns the recruits from NJ. Bosco in particular has a strong relationship with Boston Coll, they camp there each year and about 4 guys ended up signing there a couple of yrs ago. Would love a DE like him for this class.

Coach Sirmon visited Hamilton on Tuesday

"I think he's a straight forward guy," Hamilton said. "I like that about him and that's what I look for in a coach. He doesn't just tell you what you want to hear. I'm comfortable with him and got a good vibe in talking to him."

"Basically we just talk about the team and their facilities," Hamilton said. "They are building a new facility down there for my class of 2012 and he's talked with me about their defensive line. He told me what they see in my game and what they think I can become as a player."

"I want a chance to play early," Hamilton said. "Tennessee has told me that I would have that chance and that's all I can ask for. My dream is to play in the NFL and the more I play and earlier I play, the better chance I'll have of realizing that dream."
- VQ

Coaches doing work! Next, we need to get Dooley knockin on the door. Hamilton would be a great pick up!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back