'12 IN DT Sheldon Day

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
SHELDONDAY2012_150.JPG

Defensive Tackle
Height : 6'2"
Weight : 268

Guy has offers from basically everyone in the Midwest and some offers from the ACC and SEC. We just offered today. Guy is a NIGHTMARE on the line.

New article on Scout. His offer list is sick. He seems like a great kid. His coach said he has a 3.8 GPA in AP classes. Also that when he got his first BCS offer that he did not tell any one because he did not want any one to feel bad. Coach is good Friends with Hiestand.

"Coach (Harry) Hiestand and I are longtime friends," said Hart. "He’s been in touch a lot with either Sheldon or myself on behalf of Tennessee

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/1061988.html
Go get him CHH another big name DT we are after this year would be a huge pick up.

Last edited:
One of his rivals articles from Feb says he grew up a Michigan fan, hopefully he really enjoys his time in Knoxville.

"I had a few teams growing up. It was the University of Miami, Michigan and the [Oklahoma] Sooners then," Day said. "I have childhood memories of me and my brother on Saturday mornings watching Michigan football. We were always Michigan, Michigan, Michigan. They just played fast and it was always that rivalry between them and Michigan State. I was always a Wolverine."

no offers from Miami or Oklahoma but he does have one from Michigan. And had this to say about Michigan and the new staff...

"They plan to come in and bring back old Michigan football with hard work," Day said. "I believe they can come in and get work done. The first year might be a little shaky, but after that I think they can fight for the Big Ten Championship every year.

"They said if I keep on busting it I could probably come in and start as a freshman because of my talents. I'm going to keep on having to work to come in and start. He said he would talk to me more about that when I come to visit.

rivals - 2/13

I'm Still laughing at his comments on Michigan, maybe it's that I grew up in a Michigan State family, but It will def. take more than 1 year to repair Rich-Rod's damage and then he isn't going to start because of his talent, he'll start because every player on Michigan's defense is horrible

He was on campus today with his mother, brothers and sisters, as well as his high school defensive coordinator

He was on campus today with his mother, brothers and sisters, as well as his high school defensive coordinator

Wow. do you know if he's seeing other schools or just made the trip to see UT?

This is a guy we could certainly use.

I bet his HS DC is the one that has the relationship w/ Heistand, hopefully they sealed the deal today :) or atleast put us on top of Days list.

WOW

Some serious interest before even being campus then, hopefully the entire entourage enjoyed everything they saw and heard.

IF all of them came to just UT then i'd say wow... but if they are doing a tour of several schools then i'm just happy for the visit.

That's wat I was thinking, Vol tits. Regardless, it's a really good sign for UT that all his folks were there with him.

That recent visit to Tennessee, Brookey says, was a good one.

"He liked it, said it was a really cool place. I gave him the heads up, because I had another player go there in the past, so I gave him an idea of what to expect. He wants to go back, so he can spend more time down there."
- Scout

Says he wants to visit ND or Michigan this weekend & 2 of his OV's will be to TCU & Stanford.

Everyone that's whining about DTs will eventually stop. We'll get more than 2. Out of all these quality DTs somebody is going to pick us.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Awesome news that he wants to spend more time here.

I agree with breakerboy, we are in good shape with multiple DTs. Gotta feel good about that position. I'm more worried about linebacker honestly.

Awesome news that he wants to spend more time here.

I agree with breakerboy, we are in good shape with multiple DTs. Gotta feel good about that position. I'm more worried about linebacker honestly.

Need speedy outside lbs badly.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last week, Sheldon Day took his first visit to Tennessee’s campus. It was a short trip, and he looks forward to getting back to Knoxville in the future.

“Just the family atmosphere down there,” Day said. “They’re really close and they have a great program that will really help me in life.

“I liked the practice. I liked the pass rush. I learned a couple moves you’re going to see this season. The stadium is real nice, the jerseys are up to date and I really liked that the coaching staff focused on technique. They really want you to get better every day.”

Day got to talk with defensive line coach Lance Thompson.

“He was talking to me about the play of his players and what I could do if I went there,” Day said. “I really want to get back there. I felt something down there so I really want to see what that feeling was.
- 24/7

It would be HUGE to get Day & O'brien from up North. Then throw in Borne from La.

VN Store

Back