'12 MO DT Ondre Pipkins

Currently holds offers from UT, Michigan, Michigan State, KSU, Kansas, and Missouri. Also hearing quite a bit from Auburn. Offer could be coming from them soon. He has been to Missouri's campus numerous time. Stated that he will be coming to UT for a visit and/or a DLinemen camp. Seemed to be excited about his UT offer.

"It was expected, I did expect to get an offer from them. It was definitely a good thing to have because the SEC is a big conference and everyone knows about the SEC and it was just a blessing to call him and just say, hey and get the 411 and getting off the phone and thinking that I have an offer from Tennessee, that was a great feeling," Pipkins offered.

"I plan on visiting Tennessee, I'm going to go to their d-line camp. They want to see me in camp. A lot of schools now days want to see you at camp first. That's understandable and I'll just go to the camp and see what they have to talk about and meet the rest of the coaching staff," he said. "I'm going to probably visit Michigan and Michigan State this summer. Florida, USC, definitely try and look at what is the best fit for me. Once the season starts that's when I'll focus in on my season and winning a state championship."
-VQ.

One would have to think that DeAnthony could get in Pipkins's ear early about Tennessee. That Michigan connection between him, Coach Baggett, and DeAnthony is going to be an important component of his recruitment.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

2011 seems to be the yr of the DT. Plenty of talented big youngin's!

I'd like to see Tennessee sign these four...
E Goldman
J Jones
D O'Brien
J Taylor

But wouldn't loose sleep with...
M Aiken
M Brown
N James
J Mann
O Pipkins
V Valentine
OR
J Watkins

Up to 7 offers for Pipkins. Pipkins states that schools such as Auburn, USC, & Bama are showing serious interest currently. The 3 main things he is looking for in a school are a good business school, a 4-man front defense, and meaningful snaps by his sophomore year.

"I visited Kansas, and then I'm visiting Iowa, Michigan and Michigan State soon," Pipkins said. "I'm hoping to check out Alabama and USC soon, too."
-Rivals.

Is playing in the Army All-American game. He likes Michigan, Michigan State, & Kansas right now. He wants to go to a school with a strong business administration program.

I am in the college of BA at UTK and I don't think we would lose anyone due to the caliber of our program. It is well respected among public schools.

On the Alabama offer.

"He told me he likes me a lot and talked about how I would fit well in their 3-4 defense," Pipkins said. "He also said they have seniors in that position, so there could be some playing time opening up in the next couple of years, and I would have a shot at playing."

"I like the defensive line production and who they're putting in the NFL," Pipkins said. "They just won a national championship (in 2009) so that's definitely a plus. Also, you're under Coach Saban. You can't ask for anything more than to be under Coach Saban. He's going to get you to where you need to be.

"I think it's awesome that anyone has the opportunity to play for Coach Saban because he knows how to win. He's a great coach and a great guy."

What's more important than the defensive scheme or distance from home for Pipkins is winning.

"I want to go somewhere that will make me a better player, a better person and a better athlete," he said. "It doesn't matter where it is or how far away it is or what scheme they play. I'm all about winning
- Rivals

Named a top 4 of Alabama, Michigan, Michigan St, & Tennessee.

He sure did have a lot of nice things to say about Bama. He is listed as the #3 player in MO, we are the leader for the #2 player in MO Durron Neal, and are actively recruiting the #1 players DGB (yeah yeah i know!, along with everyone else) but wouldnt that be funny (geographically speaking) if Bama got the top 3 players out of MO. Id be confused and embarrassed if i was Mizzou and the other Big "12" bandits. Its a long shot for all 3 but an interesting random thought none-the-less. :peace2:

That would be absolutely hilarious. I dare say I would never stop laughing.

“I grew up in Saginaw but have been gone for about ten years.” Pipkins told Spartan Digest. “I still have family there as my dad lives there and so does my granddad and people on my mom’s side of the family.”

For Pipkins distance will not be a factor when the time comes to make his college decision.

“I do not see if being a factor or playing a big role when it comes to making my decision.”

“Coach Brad Salem is recruiting me for Michigan State and things are going very good. We talk about every two weeks.”
- Scout

"I was really excited when I found out that coach Baggett would be recruiting me," Pipkins said. "He recruited Charles Rogers (whom Pipkins knows) to Michigan State and he recruited D'Anthony to Tennessee. I was excited to get an offer from Tennessee. I was very excited when I found out that coach Baggett was my recruiter."

For Pipkins, it's Baggett's straight-forward approach that he likes.

"His personality is what I like," said Pipkins, who talked to Baggett on Sunday. "He's all about trying to help you get better and be the best you can be, on and off the field. He's straight-forward and honest. He doesn't sugarcoat things."
- VQ

Said him & Arnett are good friends & they have talked about Tennessee, also said he wants to go to a school w/ a strong business administration dept b/c thats what he wants to major in, & he wants a school that really cares about him as a person not just about football.

“Alabama, Michigan, Missouri and Tennessee most definitely,” Pipkins said. “Ones that haven’t offered that I’m building good relationships with are Florida, Oregon and Oklahoma.”

Tennessee: “Coach (Charlie) Baggett, I definitely noticed he’s a straight-forth guy. He tells me everything I need to know about Tennessee if I want to attend there. He’s all about getting your work done and stuff like that, and I definitely like Coach Baggett.”

Syracuse is guaranteed to make four-star ATH David Perkins' top five.
Pipkins visited Missouri and Kansas during the spring, and said he doesn’t plan on making any visits this summer.
- Not sure exactly where this article is found but a guy on TOS is the one that post the info.

ut could use a couple dt ondre size,i wonder what his bench press and squat is .

VN Store

Back