'12 GA WR Jason Croom (UT SIGNEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May be a strange question, but are we going to become the school of tall speedsters?

Cordarelle Patterson and this guy to go with Drae Bowles?

Bowles is probably just shy of 6'1.... and Corey Smith is about 5'11..... the only 2 WRs we got last year were under 6'1.....

So no, not necessarily. We'd have to actually land some tall speedsters besides Hunter. Rogers is big, but 6'3 isn't necessarily tall for a WR. Milton is TBD.

Patterson and Croom.

They are tall like Hunter and Rogers.

Would be nice to get both.

Arnett and Bowles and Dallas...Continuing to bring studs in at WR will also help get great WRs

"It was good to get more SEC offers and I am happy to get every offer," Croom noted. "For sure, I am going to LSU this summer to take a tour. I am also going to Mississippi State on June 3rd with my mom. Things are going good with Mississippi State and I talked to Coach (Dan) Mullen just a couple of days ago. We were talking about our visit to Mississippi State and it was a good talk.

"I am not sure yet of all the trips yet except for Mississippi State and LSU. But I will probably also visit Auburn, Alabama and Southern Miss."

For now, Croom noted a trio of schools that are "sticking out" but has yet to name a specific leader.

"Miami, Mississippi State and Louisville are sticking out right now,"
- Rivals

Bowles is probably just shy of 6'1.... and Corey Smith is about 5'11..... the only 2 WRs we got last year were under 6'1.....

So no, not necessarily. We'd have to actually land some tall speedsters besides Hunter. Rogers is big, but 6'3 isn't necessarily tall for a WR. Milton is TBD.

Rogers has good size and weight for a WR. Big strong and has speed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

247 says he runs a 4.71 40.

What do you guys think...a great route runner or a speedster. Which one creates the most separation and play making ability. I know speed is important don't get me wrong but consistent precision and I guess agility in route running can counteract a few tenths of a second in the 40.

What do you guys think...a great route runner or a speedster. Which one creates the most separation and play making ability. I know speed is important don't get me wrong but consistent precision and I guess agility in route running can counteract a few tenths of a second in the 40.

Learning the playbook and how to read coverages and knowing what routes to run would be most important (same for Qb's). Explosive separation at the line of scrimmage would be next. Precise route running would be third. Catching the ball in your hands at nearly full extension (don't let the ball get into you pads) comes fourth. Then you need speed to score (so speed would be fifth in importance). Or just watch the episode of Game Changers with Micheal Irvin or film of Jerry Rice. That should do it for a young wideout.

(Ga.) WR Jason Croom will be at MississippiState June 3rd, Tennessee June 14th in AM, then flying to Miami and June19th at FSU

Kipp Adams
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Learning the playbook and how to read coverages and knowing what routes to run would be most important (same for Qb's). Explosive separation at the line of scrimmage would be next. Precise route running would be third. Catching the ball in your hands at nearly full extension (don't let the ball get into you pads) comes fourth. Then you need speed to score (so speed would be fifth in importance). Or just watch the episode of Game Changers with Micheal Irvin or film of Jerry Rice. That should do it for a young wideout.

I would think catching the ball would be first. I doesn't help much to read a defense or create separation if you drop the ball. Clifford Franklin agrees.

He has got a big body and could push the little corners around and even if he aint the fastest wr he can get seperation with his hands and body just cause of his size

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back