kicker/punter
Nashville, Tennessee
Independance High school

Ht: 6-2
Wt: 190

Landon Foster - video

Landon Foster bio @ chrissailerkicking.com

9th Annual National Kicking & Snapping Event

Chris Sailer Kicking “TOP 12” Underclassmen (Class of 2012, 2013, & 2014)
Cole Leininger (2012 FL) Kicker / Punter
Ross Martin (2012 OH) Kicker
Paul Griggs (2012 NC) Kicker
Osborn Umeh (2012 CA) Punter
Cason Beatty (2012 NC) Punter
Evan Sobiesk (2012 MS) Kicker
Bobby Puyol (2012 FL) Kicker
Brooks Abbott (2012 FL) Kicker
Garrett Owens (2012 CA) Kicker
Kenny Allen (2012 MI) Punter / Kicker
Anthony Farinella (2012 IL) Kicker
Landon Foster (2012 TN) Kicker / Punter

Last edited:
kicker/punter
Nashville, Tennessee
Independance High school

Ht: 6-2
Wt: 190

Landon Foster - video

Landon Foster bio @ chrissailerkicking.com

9th Annual National Kicking & Snapping Event

Chris Sailer Kicking “TOP 12” Underclassmen (Class of 2012, 2013, & 2014)
Cole Leininger (2012 FL) Kicker / Punter
Ross Martin (2012 OH) Kicker
Paul Griggs (2012 NC) Kicker
Osborn Umeh (2012 CA) Punter
Cason Beatty (2012 NC) Punter
Evan Sobiesk (2012 MS) Kicker
Bobby Puyol (2012 FL) Kicker
Brooks Abbott (2012 FL) Kicker
Garrett Owens (2012 CA) Kicker
Kenny Allen (2012 MI) Punter / Kicker
Anthony Farinella (2012 IL) Kicker
Landon Foster (2012 TN) Kicker / Punter

the kid can kick.....somebody I was talking to on the phone this past week though he was the best kicker in the state.....

James Wilhoit's Blog

Landon%2BFG%2BGood%2B%252836%2529.JPG

Landon Foster (pictured above) is the kicker/punter from Independence High School. He was referred to me by Brian Davis, who is now the starting kicker at Arkansas State, and is certainly the best combo kicker in the state of Tennessee and quite possibly the entire country!

I conducted lessons with Landon last Summer and I was extremely impressed with his demeanor and ability to learn. He picked up the instruction I gave him quicker than anyone I coached last Summer.

It will be interesting to see where Landon ends up and I hope he is able to use both his kicking and punting skills at the next level.

332477010.jpg

FG Group Competition Winners: Landon Foster, Conrad Ukropina, Garrett Owens, Ka'imi Fairbairn, and Dylan Audsley!

[IMG="http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/333312731.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1309408996&Signature=wzhe6OvtMA9gGTrQiVqzgewh8AU%3D"[/IMG]

[IMG="http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/333313348.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1309409011&Signature=HDxJIf3Yq2PJnkmuh4XFcrQC%2FsQ%3D"[/IMG]

Last edited:
had a UK fan forward this to me.

Landon Foster Interview

Landon Foster Interview
by Derek on Jul.06, 2011, under News

Last night I had the chance to speak with Landon Foster, a kicker/punter from Franklin, Tennessee. Foster told me that the recruiting process is going well for him right now, but a little more work than most other position players. He told me “Being a kicker is tough. There are no kickers in the Espnu 150. You have to go out and put yourself out there because teams aren’t always going to come to you.”

Foster recently picked up an offer from Kentucky. He also has an offer from Western Kentucky and is very close to an offer from his home state Tennessee Volunteers. He is planning to camp at UT on July 20th where he expects to get an offer. He will make his college choice sometime after that because most teams like to get their special teams prospects committed early on. Outside of his scholarship offers, he is getting interest from: Missouri, Miami (FL), Alabama, and Vanderbilt. Foster is actually meeting with the Vandy coaching staff today.

Foster is looking for a school that has a great atmosphere. He wants a school that has great fans, good players, good coaches, and a city that he can feel at home. Tradition is also a factor in his decision. He also told me that he wants to stay in the SEC. He wants to attend a school that has good academics. He plans on getting into pre-med when he gets to college.

Outside of football Foster enjoys playing golf and hanging out with friends. He loves to kick as well, which is actually what he was about to do when I intially called yesterday. Finally, Landon likes to be a team player. Anytime that a young player wants to be a kicker, he tries to help them get better at it. Foster has been cleared by the NCAA clearinghouse. He is being recruited by Coach Greg Nord and Coach Steve Pardue.

the kid has a 4.25 gpa, don't be stupid he is one of the top 10 kickers & top 10 punters in the country.

read this line in the interview...

Not sure what your point is. My comment was a joke pertaining to the "rash" of recent Vandy recruiting pub. Nothing more than that.

I guess it's time to take another kicker, huh? I sure wish Palardy would get healthy. Anyone have an idea of how this guy compares with him out of high school?

My comment was a joke pertaining to the "rash" of recent Vandy recruiting pub.

sorry Sam, thought you were serious :hi:

I guess it's time to take another kicker, huh? I sure wish Palardy would get healthy. Anyone have an idea of how this guy compares with him out of high school?

lets see Palardy would be a junior when this years recruiting class are freshman. That would mean you could red shirt this kid and still have him three years after Palardy is gone. But remember this kid is a punter then a kicker, I know we have Matt Darr but from what I saw in the Orange & White game he was very inconstant.

* most kids are either a punter or a kicker, we are very lucky to have Palardy he is a pure kicker & punt .... just like Foster.

Anyone have an idea of how this guy compares with him out of high school?

Palardy was the number 1 kicker in the country, there is no comparison.

Last edited:
He is one of the top punter/kicker combo's in the country in his class. Top 12 according to Chris Sailer website.

Mike Palardy was injured (quad, groin) for almost the entire season last year and is now reported to have the same injury this year. I dunno -- maybe he just needs to bite the bullet and take a medical red-shirt year to get healed once and for all. Or perhaps he is just injury prone, but he kicked all through hs without any problem.

Whatever Palardy's problem is, we thought we had an all-world kicker, but that has not been the case. Even with the tight scholarship situation I suspect Dooley will take a hard look at adding a quality kicker to this class.

mlsoft

VN Store

Back