'12 AL DT Daryn Lake

Ravenheart

Defensive Tackle
York, Alabama
Sumter County HS

Height: 6'6", Weight: 330 lbs.

Better look at this kid quick. Interest from the Aubies, The Enemy, the Dragons, and the Pups. Could be the hole-plugging nose tackle we need.

Daryn Lake - Yahoo! Sports

You have a pet name for UAB? What do you call MTSU?

That's deep Alabama territory, by the way. If they want him, he's gone.

Kid doesnt look that good. We already got one DT from Alabama that neither Auburn or Alabama wanted, no reason to continue taking their scraps.

Rivals said:
Sumter County (Ala.) defensive tackle Darrin Lake cannot receive his first official offer until September but already several SEC schools are already courting him.

Can someone explain this to me? Other guys have offers already listed. Are people listing unofficial offers, or is this some unique situation with Lake?

P.S.: To the mod who deleted the ~20 posts of pure tripe: :thumbsup:

Can someone explain this to me? Other guys have offers already listed. Are people listing unofficial offers, or is this some unique situation with Lake?

Schools can give verbal offers to recruits and that is what most of these kids have on their offer lists. I don't think schools can give the actual official written offer until September. That is how I think it works, but I could be wrong.

I do apologize for contributing to that. I was only trying to stand up for myself. I appreciate that the moderators cleaned this thread up.

By the way, Sumter County is the last county before the Mississippi state line on I-20/59. I have been there; it is acres upon acres of vast nothingness. It is literally empty space.

Posted via VolNation Mobile

I do apologize for contributing to that. I was only trying to stand up for myself. I appreciate that the moderators cleaned this thread up.

By the way, Sumter County is the last county before the Mississippi state line on I-20/59. I have been there; it is acres upon acres of vast nothingness. It is literally empty space.

Message deleted.

Last edited:

Literally? :)

Really raw but impressive big athlete. I would guess that Tennessee will end up offering the kid and I would guess when they do the rest of the southern schools will join them if his academics are in order.
- Hubbs

Keep an eye on York (Ala.) Sumter County DT Darren Lake. Heard he did very well against OL Andrew Yelks at Tennessee camp.

Kipp Adams

Great to hear that he was showing out at camp. Hopefully the offers will begin to flow in.

VN Store

Back