Squat Max:425
Shuttle:4.27
Class:2012 (High School)

NR on Rivals
3* on Scout

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Kaiwan-Lewis-109340

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4997440

http://247sports.com/Recruit/Kaiwan-Lewis-1114

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...cruiting/player?id=116725&_slug_=kaiwan-lewis

Picked up a UT offer as a LB.

Also has offers from
BC, Cinci, ECU, GT, Memphis, Rutgers, Temple, Tulane, and UCF.

He wants UT fans to follow him on Twitter, if you wish.
http://twitter.com/15Kaiwan54

Last edited:
knoxville — kaiwan lewis’ recruitment officially began six months ago, before the start of his junior year at saint joseph high school in hammonton, n.j., when he received his first scholarship offer from in-state school rutgers.

It hasn’t slowed down since then.

The future247 linebacker, who attended rutgers’ junior day saturday, now holds offers from at least 10 division i colleges and has drawn interest from plenty of other major programs.

- gvx247

He's took visits to Penn State and South Carolina this past summer.

He made 3rd team All State this year as a DL.

Kaiwan made 1st team Coaches All State this year, too.

Last edited:
I'm confused.... How is this guy picking up an offer; meanwhile, the likes of Ben Still and Austin Allen are being told that by the staff to wait till after NSD....

O-Line isn't a big priority next year, We'll still take some O-Line guys but probably only 1 or 2 imo-- too many holes

we have way more O-Lineman than we had DT's and with this class coming in we have quality depth, and we'd have to lose a substantial amount of O-Lineman to create a serious depth problem

And you have to factor in the fact that we have more holes to fill

Tennesse LSU Boston College Clemson Rutgers ALabama. -top for now not final just how im feeling.

- Kaiwan's twitter

I know there's more than a year til '12 NSD, but it never hurts to be listed first.

***UPDATE***

Mr. Lewis just sent me a message saying this, " Offer from South Carolina today!"
He is high on Carolina as I talked to him the other week. He said he" talks to Lambert a good bit and they are boys", which is the other linebacker we are recruiting from the Northeast. He told me his top schools in no order are, Tennessee, LSU, Boston College, Rutgers, and South Carolina. He has coach Mangus recruiting him for South Carolina and gave him the message"they need linebackers my size and that they were too small at that position", that gives me a good shot to come right in and compete." " Cocah Mangus told me I was a priority, and that coach Johnson is really excited about me and wants me to call him today." When I asked about Penn State he said that they were a good school but that they have dropped on his list.

^Took from another site, the guy is gonna be a beast for someone.

***UPDATE***

Mr. Lewis just sent me a message saying this, " Offer from South Carolina today!"
He is high on Carolina as I talked to him the other week. He said he" talks to Lambert a good bit and they are boys", which is the other linebacker we are recruiting from the Northeast. He told me his top schools in no order are, Tennessee, LSU, Boston College, Rutgers, and South Carolina. He has coach Mangus recruiting him for South Carolina and gave him the message"they need linebackers my size and that they were too small at that position", that gives me a good shot to come right in and compete." " Cocah Mangus told me I was a priority, and that coach Johnson is really excited about me and wants me to call him today." When I asked about Penn State he said that they were a good school but that they have dropped on his list.

^Took from another site, the guy is gonna be a beast for someone.

HMMM, trying to think of another school that has that same problem....

Loves the tradition at UT and new UT LB coach Peter Sirmon.

"I've just talked to coach Sirmon, who just got the linebackers position," Lewis said. "I've been talking to him for quite some time. I talk to him like twice a week or something."

"He's a great guy; I think he's a great fit for the linebacker position. I have a great relationship with him. We can talk about anything. Sometimes we talk about his kids, we talk about things outside of football, things that can make me better," Lewis added. "Like I said, I have a great relationship with him. I think he's a great guy."

"First, I like the school and their tradition. Before this coaching staff when they had coach (Phillip) Fulmer, I just loved their tradition. Rocky Top, all that kind of stuff," Lewis said. "I was pretty attracted because of the tradition because my high school has a lot of tradition and that's why I came to this high school."
-Fortenberry.

Article goes on to say that he has already visited Rutgers and South Carolina, but he plans on visiting UT sometime in the Spring or Summer. Also says he was planning on making it in to UT's Junior Day, but won't be able to come.

He talked very highly of UT in the article. Sirmon is his recruiter. Analyzing Sirmon as a recruiter over this 2012 class should be interesting.

VN Store

Back