3327 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee) Page 482. within the forum Tennessee Vols Recruiting. Originally Posted by Tux You are incorrect. WRs have much more to learn than routes. They have to know and ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Recruiting

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #7216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tux View Post
You are incorrect.

WRs have much more to learn than routes. They have to know and make various reads on each play. Some of the reads are not easy to make and you have to hope that the QB is on the same page as you are and gets the same reads. That has to be made in a nanosecond. Each read, changes the route run, the depth of a route to be run.
WRs have the easiest as far offense goes though. Not saying they don't have much to learn, but compared to the rest of the offense they do.

Last edited by AV_12; 06-30-2012 at 11:11 AM..
Old 06-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #7217 (permalink)
DeletedPost Record Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol_12 View Post
Wr have the easiest as far offense goes though. Not saying they don't have much to learn, but compared to the rest of the offense they do.
lol, wut?
Old 06-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #7218 (permalink)
DBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoVol View Post
Butthurt, it's what's for dinner.

Also, for the many plays, few plays debate, here is an example of the smaller version and arguments for its adoption.

Why every team should install its offense in three days (and other political theories on coaching offense) | Smart Football
Yeah exactly what I thought. Lame Lamont right here.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:29 AM   #7219 (permalink)
Grits,Eggs,HamEveryPlay

You'll get over it
Old 06-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #7220 (permalink)

OCI, is it 100% confirmed that CP can enroll at UT?

I'm cautiously guarding my boom until I hear something concrete.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #7221 (permalink)
DBU

Quote:
You'll get over it
Whatever dude you come in here and run your mouth about something you had nothing to do with at all. Looking at most of your posts you probably know nothing about football or never played in your life. You came in the T.Dye thread running your mouth about me saying something to jmo not knowing why I said it. But you want to step in like you're running something. Man please, go back to the Political Forum or something(where you usually post). Damn L7
Old 06-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #7222 (permalink)

Nobody gives a crap about how many plays you think may or may not be in play book. Chaney will find a way to get cp, hunter and Darick the ball. The majority of the time it more about the jimmy and joes and not the x and o. We have a ton of explosive potential on offense
Old 06-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #7223 (permalink)
revolUTion in the air!

Quote:
Butthurt, it's what's for dinner.

Also, for the many plays, few plays debate, here is an example of the smaller version and arguments for its adoption.

Why every team should install its offense in three days (and other political theories on coaching offense) | Smart Football
Great article. Teams running the Air Raid are known for having 20 total plays (runs, passes,and screens), or less. There's no way we have 25-30 passing plays just for Hunter, and probably not total.

Smartfootball is an awesome website for any of you who actually want to learn something about football.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #7224 (permalink)
revolUTion in the air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloblue View Post
Here is my issue with saying 99 and 89 are the same plays.

First the coverage dictactes the running back.

Also when you start running plays like 99 F Shoot X Motion Out. Your changing multiple routes and adding motion potentially.

This is not the same pass play imo. Maybe with changing one route, but not as you start to change 2 or 3 things.

Again 99 F Shoot X Motion Out compared to 89 (lets say that keeps RB in blocking) could actually change the oline coverage 9 to 8 which I agree there are limited oline blocking schemes, but it could also change the routes/assignments of 3 of the 5 eligible receivers.
That would be like saying that Y stick, X spot is a completely different play than Y stick. It's the exact same passing concept, you just add a slight wrinkle on the backside to effect the WLB.

What are you talking about with "oline coverage"? Are you talking about the oline blocking scheme? Oline's audible their blocking schemes all the time, that doesn't change the play. Even if the oline's blocking scheme call changes who is the hot wr or who has to stay in for pass protection, the route concept does not change. You are still reading it the same. The play still has the same rhythm for the QB, and the basic route structure and principles behind why that route structure works (oblique stretch, vertical stretch, 3 level concepts, triangle routes), are the still the same.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #7225 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8188 View Post
That would be like saying that Y stick, X spot is a completely different play than Y stick. It's the exact same passing concept, you just add a slight wrinkle on the backside to effect the WLB.

What are you talking about with "oline coverage"? Are you talking about the oline blocking scheme? Oline's audible their blocking schemes all the time, that doesn't change the play. Even if the oline's blocking scheme call changes who is the hot wr or who has to stay in for pass protection, the route concept does not change. You are still reading it the same. The play still has the same rhythm for the QB, and the basic route structure and principles behind why that route structure works (oblique stretch, vertical stretch, 3 level concepts, triangle routes), are the still the same.
So basically your saying the route structure changes the play, but changing 1 or 2 routes doesnt?

Its probably an agree to disagree point.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #7226 (permalink)

Quote:
So basically your saying the route structure changes the play, but changing 1 or 2 routes doesnt?

Way beyond agree to disagree IMO
Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #7227 (permalink)
revolUTion in the air!

Quote:

1 or 2 routes doesn't always change the integrity of the route. If I'm running Y sail and I tag the backside players, I still have my complete Y sail 3 level stretch concept on the playside.

Let's say we use words to call plays here. Maybe they call 4 verticals "Colts". Would it make sense to have a completely different word for 4 verticals with X running a dig? Or would you just take your base play, Colts, and tag it with the call "x dig"?

A lot of times as fans, we confuse all the "window dressing" to be new plays. This would include, tag routes, motions, formations, and shifts.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #7228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol8188 View Post
Great article. Teams running the Air Raid are known for having 20 total plays (runs, passes,and screens), or less. There's no way we have 25-30 passing plays just for Hunter, and probably not total.

Smartfootball is an awesome website for any of you who actually want to learn something about football.
So are you saying that Dooley was just making **** up after the FL game?
VN Likes: 1
Old 06-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #7229 (permalink)

I haven't seen anything official yet, but it looks like CP is good to go.

I'll wait to booom until I get an official word by VQ or someone.
VN Likes: 1
Old 06-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #7230 (permalink)
Eternal Vol

When I played QB in the backyard league, we had only 3 WR plays

Go deep
Go deeper
Come back closer
Closed Thread