'12 TN ATH Will Redmond (MSU verbal commit)

Fingers

115722.jpg

Will Redmond - Yahoo! Sports
Will Redmond 2012 Football Recruiting Profile - ESPN
Scout.com: Will Redmond Profile

Ran a 4.47 at the combine in Franklin. Transferred from Manassas to East High School where he will play with Brian Kimbrow. -- per JB

Just realized from a recent Scout article by JB this kid runs a 4.42 and is in the same backfield as Brian Kimbrow. Memphis East could be a team wrorth watching.

Redmond says Tennessee has "peaked" (piqued) his interest and he likes what the coaching staff is doing.

May be a player to watch. According to MaxPreps as a Jr. for Manassas he had:

866 yards passing for 11 TD (8 INT)
1,862 yards rushing for 11 TD (14.78 yards per carry)
10 punt returns for 222 yards (22.2 yards per return)
8 kick returns for 313 yards (39.13 yards per return)

He also was the punter 32.95 yards per kick.

Manassas finished 4-7 on the season.

Redmond visited UAB Monday afternoon along with Brian Kimbrow. He is being recruited to play WR or DB and currently has offers from Memphis and MSU.

Redmond, who is being recruited to play either wide receiver of defensive back currently holds offers from Memphis and Mississippi State. He is also hearing from UAB, Ole Miss, Vandy and Tennessee. "Right now I don't have a favorite," Redmond said.
"We really had a good time today," he said. We enjoyed meeting Coach Helton and seeing the campus. It was really nice. I think tomorrow we are going to see Vandy and MTSU. I would like to get back down to Starkville this week too."
-Rivals.

East is not a good team. However, with these two in the backfield or out wide, they could probably put up a lot of points at least.

Haha I know, right. They've got bigger things on the schedule.

Not to mention even calling what UAB has a "campus" is being generous. More like a loose collection of buildings scattered throughout scenic downtown Birmingham.

This is all for your benefit, VOLNBAMA.

Redmond will be with Kimbrow at the Spring game. Says he has a good relationship with Baggett.

Not to mention even calling what UAB has a "campus" is being generous. More like a loose collection of buildings scattered throughout scenic downtown Birmingham.

This is all for your benefit, VOLNBAMA.

That crap isn't a campus. The school is okay in itself as far as majors go. But that campus sucks in general. The workout facility is nice though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Clmckee is doing an interview with Redmond tonight. One quote... "I love everything about UT"

If he and Kimbrow are a package deal, do we go ahead and make a committable offer to him?

I would say yes. He is a heck of an athete

+1

I would agree. While Kimbrow is a superstar, I think Redmond could be used at several positions including WR, a back out of the backfield, Special teams and or return game, defensive backfield, and even as a trick play kinda guy like Lucas Taylor was. Redmond can throw it pretty well.

"If UT offers they will be at the top of my list."
- Redmond

Also said that he & Kimbrow will go to the same school, he loves everything about UT, & he really likes Coach Baggett

Would this be a two for one like Rogers and Nance or is Redmond really a good prospect?

Well he's 6ft tall and runs a sub 4.4 40 so at the very least he looks to be a pretty solid athlete with speed. Could play WR/DB/RB/PR/KR possibly. No disrespect to Nash Nance but I would think he could be more of a contributor than NN will ever be, even if he didn't end up a starter. JMO

VN Store

Back