'12 SC OT Patrick Destefano

According to Scout interview. He has a offer and is vary interested in UT. Said he is planning on coming up for one of our junior days. His dad played at Duke.

Last edited:
Clemson lean here, will more than likely end up there. Comes from the same school as Charone Peake and Peake has got him high on Clemson.

That Clemson lean could change depending on how they perform next year and whether or not they can Yab-Dab-Do from the head coaching position.

Just got an offer from ND, Chip Kelley called him personally. Destafano said the one offer he wanted the most was from ND cuz he grew up a big fan of them. The only thing that will stop him from going there is the distance. Said he is def. gonna get in a visit to them to check it out.

If not ND then I believe it is Clemson but it is still early.

Despite telling TigerIllustrated.com earlier this month that Clemson was "a given" as his leader, ESPNU 150 Watch List OT Patrick Destefano of South Carolina now tells Richard Davenport of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that he isn't close to making a decision.

"If you would've called me two years ago I would've said Alabama was my leader," DeStefano said. "This process is just so crazy. The problem is it's not like that any of the 20 schools that have offered me is a bad choice; I could justify going to any of those 20. But the problem is finding the best one for me, and that's tough."

Hmmm. Could it be that Destefano wants to appear open for someone who works for a paper that covers another of the schools recruiting him? At any rate, Destefano also tells Davenport that he plans to take unofficials to Notre Dame, Penn State, Tennessee and Florida in the near future, which would seem to put those schools into his top five alongside Clemson. (He told TigerIllustrated that Florida, Notre Dame and Penn State were tied for second behind Clemson.)

Destefano's father, Frank, played at Duke and the Blue Devils have offered but don't appear to be a serious contender. The smart money remains on Clemson, though Destefano may drag out the process for a few more months.

- Albert Lin

-espn

Plays at Dorman High School same as C. Peake. They end a lot of players to Clemson, just saying.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Following his visit to Penn State, DeStefano plans to visit Tennessee, which had to be postpone this last weekend, and Arkansas. After that, a trip to Stanford should be his last until fall. As for a decision, he still has no idea when that may come.

"I just need to see all of my options, that's what my dad told me. I don't always take his advice, but on this, I think I will because he went through this all before. After looking at all my options, I'll look at what stands out to me and then trust me, you guys will all know where I want to go."
- Rivals

Will be visiting Penn State this weekend.

On tos it says he is to make announcement. Do we have a shot? I believe last I heard Clemson was leader, but I did not know how his visit went here.

On tos it says he is to make announcement. Do we have a shot? I believe last I heard Clemson was leader, but I did not know how his visit went here.

Pretty sure it's Clemson. He was close to committing a lot earlier as well.

It's official. He's a Tiger.

He mostly kept his recruitment quiet, but I doubt we had much of a chance here.

VN Store

Back